Worst stereo break-up story?

Colin

What is your worst stereo break-up story?

I told my girlfriend that I met another woman, while Tampa was hit with a brief hurricane like rainstorm. She said I had an hour and she was putting my stuff out in street: electronics and classic Klipsch corner Khorns!

Sure enough, although it wasnt raining, my stuff was outside when I got there. In the hurry to get away from her screaming, I didnt secure the Khorns, and when I took the first corner, my beloved speaker tumbled over, hit on the upper left corner and shattered into shards. I picked up the piece and put the stuff into storage. The drivers and crossover look okay, but the left black cloth wing popped off and the top section is badly damaged.

Considering that I thought my prize possession was out in the rain, I consider myself lucky. That and the fact that the new girlfriend invited me over to console me.

Anybody else got a sad break-up story related to stereos?

7.gif

Good thing she didn't (evidently) own a chain saw

Sadly, I do have a chain saw (good for cutting to smithereens)

I also have:

An industrial backhoe (good for crushing to smithereens)

Really big hammer (see above about smashing to smithereens)

Second floor level, french doors (good for dropping to smithereens)

Several tanks of propane (how high will a Khorn blast off?)

Tractor w/'bushog' (good for chopping to smithereens)

Fireplace (yikes, let's not even go there)

Circular saw (good for cutting to smithereens)

Jig saw (ditto)

Yep...I'm afriad I'm stuck with my wife. She simply has too many weapons at her disposal.

9.gif

----------------

On 8/16/2005 2:09:41 PM sunburnwilly wrote:

But , seeing as how she was strong enough to get your horns out to the street you probably did the right thing . I wouldn't want to mess with her ! IMO
14.gif

----------------

Having moved a couple pairs myself... THAT was exactly what i was wondering! She must have been built like a truck... 6.gif

Told my buddy I was going to break up with my girlfriend. I then left on a business trip for a couple of weeks before telling her. My "buddy" told her before I got home and she had a garage sale that next weekend. Someone got my Thorens table, SAE amps, Carver pre-amp and LaScala's along with half of my albums cheap! Found out later, she was screwing around with the guy I had confided in! They ended up getting married, but later divorced and she got, HALF! JUSTICE

Moral; I should have kept my big mouth shut!

One of my wife's friends was at our place a few years ago and she said to my wife "why do you let him keep all that stereo crap right here in the living room--especially those big ugly speakers." My wife then opened a door and showed her a room full of LPs and said--"you know what--this is a GOOD thing--there's no way he can make a quick getaway which means he has no plans to ever LEAVE." He friend still thought my wife crazy, but that's OK with me.

Colin,

I wouldn't have told her that. 11.gif

That is a great story, though. Thanks for posting.

My breakup stories don't have any gear in the narrative. But I did once end up with a handful of my hair pulled out and in the fist of my girlfriend. Also had an engagement ring thrown in my face. That was a relief. I was afraid she'd keep it as a gift.6.gif

----------------

On 8/16/2005 1:43:28 PM Colin wrote:

What is your worst stereo break-up story?

----------------

That's a very sad story, Colin. I can't believe you couldn't wait to tell her. What you should have done was move the Klipschorns first - said something like you were just trading them in, and THEN told her. 7.gif

Naughty boy.

I hope the new girlfriend was worth it. 2.gif

I don't really have a bad break up story. But when I was at university, I had three girlfriends at once. I dated them for several months with one not knowing about the others. I liked them all and I couldn't choose between them -so I kept them all. Anyway, somehow they all found out about me. I arrived home one day after class, and all three were sitting around a table having coffee with my Mother!

Needless to see, I was flabbergasted. I received a stern telling off from my Mother and they sat there and said; "Well Edwin, you have to choose one of us, right here, right now!"

I was speechless and incapable of any kind of motor function. Not saying making any kind of decision. So all three walked out on me, and I was left with no girlfriend (for several weeks!) and no date for the weekend.

A tragic story, believe it, or not! 6.gif

You gentlemen need to do a better job of "checking your references"9.gif

Allowing such an incident to occur is a failure to do your homework. Investigate "priors" and current attitudes of prospective spouse regarding subjects such as "revenge", "audiophilia", and dealings with any "ex". Remember: if she would do it to an "ex", she could do it to you. Did she take the low road, or the high one when parting with former "ex"?

Of course, this is all predicated on you taking the "high road" as well. Do not take any action that may precipitate such destruction or sale of your equipment. If you have REAL concerns that this could occur, take action now, before your Klipsch end up like Colin's did.

well, the timing was off, how was I so supposed to know that this was the time of the month to get lucky, it was causl before that, but went I missed the date with the first, what was I supposed to do, start telling lies? No, the end was coming and she is moving away, but yes, I bought a TH and was moving my speakers out in a month, but the new friend got hot a lot sooner than my cool plans!

9.gif

now I will HAVE to get ALK's horns and crossovers!