Favorite Beer

jacksonbart

Would like to know your favorite beer.

Mine include Yuengling Lager and Victory Hop Devil.

Hee, hee, got a little time on ours hands Jacksonbart?? [;)]

As a Canuck I like Labatt's Blue lager, when in the States visiting my many relatives or travelling I'm kind of partial to Busch or Budweiser (I know, no gourmet taste at all)........[:$]

RJP

One thing thePacific Northwest is blessed with is more microbrewed beers than anywhere I've ever heard of. I love a couple brewed by a local group with several pubs in and around Portland, Oregon. One is called Purple Haze, it's almost not fair to call it a beer at all. It's the cleanest tasting brew I've ever had in my life. It has the essence of berrys but taste almost too clean for your pallet to even think it's beer. (It's not for everyday but I do love it)

As far as something mainstream and over the counter Bass Pale Ale is far and away my favorite. Ice cold with a squeeze of lemon!

I cant pick just one, but I can narrow it down to these three:

Hoegarden White from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Belgium
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from ChicoCalifornia
Rogue Brewery Dead Guy Ale from NewportOregon

JB, I fell in love with Victorys Hop Devil when I moved from Michigan to Pa.

Anyone out there into home brewing? My wife and I make 5 and 10 gallon all grain batches several times a year. The brewing process takes 8-12 hours. This leaves plenty of time for spinning any and all types of music. She plays DJ and I try not to scald myself with 15 gallons of boiling water.

I started homebrewing because of the lack of variety and ruined beer I always seemed to end up with. AL is one of the few states left with silly alcohol laws -- can't buy over 6% beer (it was 5% when I moved here) but ironically Bubba can go get 195proof PGA. Sheesh, good beer doesn't even start at 6%.

If I buy at a store I usually get Bass or Guinness (black bottle). Newcastle is easy to drink and usually doesn't get tainted by our beloved Alcohol and Beverage Commission's storage conditions.

I really like Kolsch-style and Belgian ales.

I'd kill for a Duvel or a Chimay right about now.

I like a variety of beer and it all depends what's on sale this week.

As I am currently out of a tasty beverage, I'd look for a couple of 12

packs in these varieties:

Killians

Leinenkugal

Fosters

Sapporo

Becks

.......................you get the drift, altho I can even force down a Miller Lite if I have to.

NP = Trouble - Green Plastic Head