I want to do a network "roadshow", anyone interested?

Deang

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested, Dean.

'78 K-Horns--BEC refreshed AA/A

'87 Belles--with the hated AB neworks

'82 Corns--not sure of the network Version..but they are the original

Single '78 Cornwall--Also not sure of the network version..but it is original

Thanks, Dean..

JJ

If you got something special up your sleeve for the big 3? Otherwise, I am totally re-networked. The AK-2 is easy to upgrade to an AK-3 with better parts.

Keep in mind folks once you get to a certain level (network wise) the law of dimishing returns applies.

Cornwall ALK huh? That's a pretty pricey build for me right now. Maybe in a couple of months, we'll see. Believe me, it's as painful building them as it is buying them -- not inexpensive by any stretch.

The network for the Klipschorn, LaScala, and Belle Klipsch is a constant impedance design with a first order bandpass for the squawker and a third order tweeter filter modeled out for me by Al. It is the network I loaded into Trey's LaScalas at Indy, and currently being used by Craig. I prefer to think of the network as an impedance corrected modified Type AA. Al calls it the Super AA. The original plan was for a build that most could afford -- but I couldn't bring myself to compromise on the parts. After months of driving myself nuts over this I decided to just build up a pair with decent but inexpensive polypropylenes and found that it sounded really, really good. Not quite as transparent and rich sounding as the more expensive caps, but much closer than I expected it to be. I really dig this circuit, and I want you guys to hear it. BTW, no Solens (or rebranded Solens).

We'll just call the Cornwall version the Super B. Jeff Lessard is currently using this network, and Boomac has a set that he's getting ready to load up.

Charles, think DHA with a third order tweeter filter and adjustable attenuation for the squawker. I'll be talking to both you and Carl offline to see if you're interested in modding your DHAs. If we do Kimbers than we are talking $30 in parts for a single board (I would waive labor). Did you ever load that network up in one of your AK-3 Klipschorns and compare the sound to the other one? Since you and Carl both have a propensity for high SPL listening, I'd like to get you both away from the first order tweeter filter of the DHA. I think that filter is best reserved for SET, or those who listen between 75 and 95dB.

Willy, it means I drop a pair into a box and they get dropped kicked around the country. BTW, your networks have been shipped (I actually sent an email).

The way to do this I suppose is to send me an email through the forum with your full name, shipping address, speaker type, and current network. I will compile a list and put it in the box when I ship it to the first person.

Dean,

You should post a picture of the networks you are talking about. I'd like to see what they look like.

Al K.

Well , mine should be here tomorrow or the next day . So I will post a photo . Dean , I got your email , thanks . I would have responded promptly , but I feel you may prefer a more casual relationship . I mean , ya' know , I don't wanna be very demanding of your time , and wanna let you do your own thing ... He He [;)] Congradulations On The Birth Of Your New Daughter , Mother Scratcher !!! And thanks for the work you have done on my AA networks , " sight unseen ! " Willy P.