Thinking of Downsizing to Reference

Frzninvt

I have been pondering the notion of downsizing to the Reference line speakers to gain some room back. As much as I love the big Heritage I would like more room. I am wanting to go with 4-RF-7's, 1-RC-7, and a pair of RB-75's

I would sell the following:

'88 OO Klipschorns with Kimber'd AK-3's

'78 BR La Scala with K-401K, solder terminal K-55V, DHA2Xover

'77 WO Klipschorns with DHA2Xover's & solder terminal K-55V's

'78 WO Belle Klipsch with Bob C's AA/A convertible networks & solder terminal K-55V's

I would take $6800 cash and carry on the whole lot!

Am I crazy or what! This is a serious offer by the way.

Don't take me long, thanks for the vote of confidence Steve-O!

As it stands, my current home has no good corners for Khorns unless I'd use the occasionally damp basement. I'm sure these are all excellent speakers and the price seems more than fair, but this collection is not for me.

It's my understanding that this is only a portion of Charles' Heritage collection, so I don't feel the need to beg him to reconsider. It's his stuff, maybe he'd like a change in the house. But keep those Cornwalls under direct threat of bodily harm!

Michael

Buy at least one pair of RF-7s before you sell the Khorns. Upgrade the crossovers, give them a long listen and then decide. The RF-7s sound their best with an amp that can handle the impedance dip and the phase angle shift. Such amps need to be able to handle the heat generated.

Positioning of the RC-7 affects its sound. If you have an ideal location for it, then your plan can work. The next generation of display devices makes it difficult to place the RC-7 due to its size.

Bill

I'd love to own that lot, unfortunately I think i'm in the same boat as to lack of room.

I'm doubting that K-horns would sound good in a room 15 x 13 with an open wall to the kitchen and a large window & door on the opposite wall (thats along the 15' side).

I'd hate to have all of that and leave it in my basement (water leak occasionally). Or worse yet in storage. I'd break my heart not to have them up and running.

Oh yeah and my mid line pioneer receiver may not be able to provide enough juice for horns.

I'll have to move before I can make an investment like that

-chris

Charles, that is crazy! Be very sure before you do this...

Having said that, let me nudge my brother about this deal. He has yet to build his HT room but this is incredible.

Is that a single La Scala (7 speakers) or a pair (8 speakers)?

Seven (7) total, all with new updated networks and hand picked soldered terminal K-55V's. It does not get much better.

The La Scala was originally purchased as a single from the Klipsch factory. All speakers also include the newer Jubilee logos in addition to the original ones.

Having said that, let me nudge my brother about this deal. He has yet to build his HT room but this is incredible.

Is that a single La Scala (7 speakers) or a pair (8 speakers)?

Just talked to my brother... He's very interested! Charles, I'm sending you email or a PM.

Charles, that is an incredible deal you are offering.

I would take Bill's advice. I've owned all the Reference you are contemplating, and Reference and Heritage do sound a bit different - especially for music. That being said, I also love the Reference sound. Especially with Dean's mod.

You would be doing it right with your Sherbourn - should make a great match for Reference sevens.

Carl.

Charles, your living room was cramped before you got the Belles... BUT I agree with Peter !! **shakes head in disbelief** [:o]...

a lot of collecting went into getting all those! For those who

didn't notice, almost all these have upgraded crossovers to boot.

You're so d@mn close, I wish i could fit some more at home... but i already have my share [:(] too...

OTOH, Peter, if you do close a deal and need some help, let me know... I'm along your way.

Rob

Rob, the Belle's just took the place of the Cornwalls so not much changed there at all, the Belle's are only about 4.5 wider and 3" deeper so they fit in the same spot.

I let my wife in on my plan this morning and I had to head out the door I think she was looking for the hatchet to scalp me with! I don't think she was too happy with my decision.

I have been pondering the notion of downsizing to the Reference line speakers to gain some room back. As much as I love the big Heritage I would like more room. I am wanting to go with 4-RF-7's, 1-RC-7, and a pair of RB-75's

I would sell the following:

'88 OO Klipschorns with Kimber'd AK-3's

'78 BR La Scala with K-401K, solder terminal K-55V, DHA2Xover

'77 WO Klipschorns with DHA2Xover's & solder terminal K-55V's

'78 WO Belle Klipsch with Bob C's AA/A convertible networks & solder terminal K-55V's

I would take $6800 cash and carry on the whole lot!

Am I crazy or what! This is a serious offer by the way.

I have been fortunate to be invited to 3 Heritage gatherings and I don't think I am missing anything with my Reference Home Theater. I am contemplating having a Heritage Home Theater (not getting rid of the Reference [;)]) when we redo our garage, using LaScala's and THX subs. I heard that Combo in Indy this year and was blown away--That has been the only HT that I've heard that compares to mine. I have to think what you are selling MUST sound every bit as good as that setup. Have you sold it yet?