GOT CAUGHT BY THE WIFE...

Gilbert

As most of you regulars know, I unexpectedly won a pair of decorator cornwalls with a low bid, or what I thought was significantly less than what they'ed sell for. I'm happy I got them, the pictures were beautiful. I didn't own any decorator CW's, but when I saw these, I liked them enough to enter a snipper bid of $630. Anyway, they came into day, and I'm fix'in to go home and test drive'em.

On Friday of last week, the wife got a call from the seller while I was at work.....BUSTED!!....inquiring about the shipping address. I planed on telling her myself, after having had a chance to heavily sugar coat the matter, but...crapp, that didn't happen.

So, anyway, I did tell her I would sell the single 1960 CW, but she said I really didn't have to if I didn't want too..... Buuuut I need to, I want $900, and paid $950, as was previously mentioned in another tread. It is available for the next 2 weeks only. If I don't sell it for $900, she stays with me. No ebay, as this must go to a local member only.

Now, for what I did today.....Oh Boy, yes I'm gonna get a lump on the head for this, but I don't care. I purchased a pair of 1964 Khorns. Yes, they're the ones in SanDiego. The seller has the original paper work and boxes. They were just to pristine to pass up, and the guy seem's pretty cool. I really like the way he came across on the phone, so I'm sending him $300 to hold them till I'm able to make it up there to bring'em to their new home

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the khorns and one of the dec cornwall would make an awesome 3ch setup....that leaves the other decorator cornwall, I feel your pain..... well you could just sell it to me

that would be perfect between the hard rock maples

BTW your welcome to come over with Charles next weekend to take a peek at them if you so desire, would love to meet ya.

Wayne

I gotcha covered. Come home one night blazing, stinking, falling

down drunk. Tell her you are bored with music but you need a

hobby and you've found it: pub crawling. Within a day or two

she'll start saying little things like "Oh Honey, could you play

(insert music here) for me. You know I really love what you've

done with our stereo system, but I'm sure if you put your mind to it it

could sound a little better."

There may be one or two potential downsides to this scheme but at the moment I really can't think of any.

Thebes: Breaking Up Marriages Since 1968. Call now for a free consulation at 888-555-5555.

If these are the same ones I was bidding on, I am kind of glad you won them. Well maybe not glad . After the shipping and the new woofers and the rebuilt crossovers, I would have been into them for about $1180.00. Well I would have done it anyway. They sure did look nice in the pictures. Can you please post a picture of them at some point. Enjoy.

Peter

( nick97)

WELL FEDEX GROUND F>>KED THEM UP![:@]

I'M PISSED RIGHT NOW...REALLY PISSED![8o|]

One speaker though not that bad, got knocked and slightly crunched the both the front right and back left corners. The laminagted plys were compressed about 3/16 to 1/4" in. Not that noticable, but noticable.

But the other one, OMFG, it looks like they banged the top front edge, with a lip of a 55 gal. oil drum. The severe indentation occurs about 8" off the front left corner. It's about 1 1/4" wide and about 5/8" to 3/4" deep [:'(]. It's fu....ked, I'm pissed and ready extract blood from FedEx, and then kick the crapola out of the brainless moronic twit that did the packaging. Damn jackasses.

Called the Seller, they were shipped INSURED. Got the Ole' "Oh, I'm so sorry" bit. I'll wait to see what FedEx proposes before deciding what to do next. I could take my money back, or keep'em if the offer me at least 50% back. They'll never sell for more than that on ebay, no way.

I need to go have a few beers right now, I'M PISSED....[:@][6][8o|]

I'm definitely gonna puke now.

Was gonna offer to take those Dec Corns off your hands, leaving you with the single and Khorns killer 3ch setup.

Please STOP SHIPPING SPEAKERS PEOPLE Please please please.......it hurts so bad...

Don't even post the 'after' photos- please.

M

Sorry about the shipping woes but know how you feel as I am sure many

forum members do. Once received damaged electronic gear and it was like

pulling teeth dealing with the shipper. As for FedEx, two guys that

work in my warehouse also work nights at FdEx. I would imagine the more

angry minded of the two, after a shitty day at his first job, might be

able to toss a Corn 10-15 feet. Oh the stories I hear. It makes me

wonder how anythings arrives intact.

And don't forget, FedEx ground is nothing more than re-badged RPS -

Roadway Package Service - a truck line courrier service bought by

FedEx. FedEx Overnite is a whole differant ballgame, and you pay for it.

You will never get a nickel from FedEx. Go ahead and file the claim, but you're SOL for sure.

Man, I hope not, and don't think that I am. I have the reciept and in states shipping insurance paid. I also used Paypal, and this purchase is within the $1000 limit. I'll just have to wait and see. Not much else I can do right now.

What a fu...king shame. They were near perfect, or at least 95%+ cosmetically. Now their a low 70%.

Gilbert,

I have went through a few claims with Fed Ex and they all were paid in full without to much of a pain. DO NOT SAY ANYTHING TO THE EFFECT THAT THEY ARE ANTIQUE!! Anything antique has a $100 insurance cap doesn't matter what it was insured for its in both UPS and Fed Ex's insurance policy notice. Now if the packaging was not within reasonable methods I hate to tell you but your SOL with any shipping insurance and will have to go after the shipper/seller. Insurance is worthless if items are not packaged properly Fed Ex is way more forgiving of this then UPS let me tell you that has been learned time and again. I'm just glad most of the damage that I have ever suffered was on the way here rather then on the way back to my customers. Most of the damage over the years I have seen was sellers shipping directly to me. The horror stories I could tell! But even worse then that is if the customer or seller uses a UPS store for packaging those nuts don't have a clue how to package heavy items! the only up side to uses them is if they screw it up it is indeed covered.
I swear if I never see another foam peanut it will be to soon! Worthless POS do no good for heavy items.
A good piece of advise don't take no for an answer!

Good Luck Craig

Thanks for the better vibe Craig....packaging wise, the speakers were wrapped with several layers of bubble wrap, placed in cardboard boxes and sent along their marry way. The Appearance of the packaging is okay, but bubble wrap and cardboard to ship a 100 pound big and clumsy box.....stupid. I will say nothing other than point out the damaged goods.

Thanks for the info on the antique statement.