New Bedroom System

colterphoto1

DrWho came over this weekend to help me pull some attic wire to link a couple of systems. In the conversation, we discussed what to do with the master Bedroom. I have plenty of speakers, so it would have been pretty simple to pull more wires to link that room with rest of house.

But the bedroom is on the far end of my rambling ranch, and I really wanted control over the system and a sleep function. So here's what I did. Had a modern Yamaha stereo receiver in my office RV596?. I stole it and replaced it with the HK730. Also had a 5CD changer. also Yammie, from my old gallery, that was going unused. Two Klipsch RC3II in Maple, which are beautiful but don't go with any of my decor, were going unused.

So I set it all up on the top of a double chest. I have a single remote for changing FM stations or CD's and the sleep function. I'd like to have more stereo separation, but struggling with the 'where to put it' syndrome. Might have to run one speaker wire through the crawl space to get one speaker farther away, but the possiblity exists to make a small HT system in that room as well. I do have a balanced set of KSB1.1/KSC-C1 speakers that could be used. But just a small 13"tv/vcr for now, so not worth integrating.

It's a nice butt-kicker system for a moderate sized room, but also sounds very smooth and quiet at low volume levels. Got all my fave stations programmed in (I rarely listen to FM around the house) including the local college station that has early morning classical, some talk radio, then light jazz at night. Put a couple Eno CD's and some nice soft jazz mixed stuff, and I'm off the grab a kitty and good book.

So what do you guys have set up in your sleep chamber?

Night night

Michael

A junkie integrated Aiwa system with the Marantz CD6000 CD player and a pair of old Sansui speakers (1975). I run 3 RCA cables into the Aiwa from the main system in the living room (2 sound / 1 video) from a switch box so you can watch DVD / satelitte on the bedroom TV (14 inch JVC) whilst someone else can watch another source (or the same source) in the living room itself.

Actually I can run any source from the living room into the bedroom except vinyl. You could listen to SACD or DVDa in the bedroom if you wanted to but we never have.

As it happens we are thinking of moving house at the moment. This entire solution will have to be re-worked as the distances involved will be far greater.

I have RCA cable running from my computer room to my bedroom. It's hooked up to my little NAD 310 with RB 35's. I want to get something else with more power and a sleep timer/remote. But I am able to play the c d's off my computer, or listen to internet radio............ poor mans system!

A junkie integrated Aiwa system with the Marantz CD6000 CD player and a pair of old Sansui speakers (1975). I run 3 RCA cables into the Aiwa from the main system in the living room (2 sound / 1 video) from a switch box so you can watch DVD / satelitte on the bedroom TV (14 inch JVC) whilst someone else can watch another source (or the same source) in the living room itself.

Actually I can run any source from the living room into the bedroom except vinyl. You could listen to SACD or DVDa in the bedroom if you wanted to but we never have.

As it happens we are thinking of moving house at the moment. This entire solution will have to be re-worked as the distances involved will be far greater.

Max, that's kinda what we're doing with my office system (imax and mini system) and my main HT rig. Ran 4 RG6 wires so each receiver has ins/outs from the other. That way throughout the houses main systems you can hear any source from any system. Plus zone 2 from one receiver runs the Gallery. Fairly complex but no computers were harmed in the making of this house.

Some of you guys could blow the covers off the bed with your systems.

Michael

OK, perhaps I am obsessed. The Bedroom system consists of a Denon AVR-3300, Panasonic A-120 DVD, DBX 832 Five Disc CD Player, Sony HiFi VCR, DirectTV Sat Dish Rcvr, and Panasonic 20" TV

Speakers are:

Infinity RS-4B Oak Oil (Mains)

Infinity RS Video (Center)

Infinity SM 82 (Rears)

Infinity SM 65 (Rear Effects/Centers)

Cerwin Vega HT10PWR 10" Subwoofer

There is a fully functional HT in 3 rooms and a two channel system in the basement. Hey I love music!

I'm just waiting for colter to put a second cornwall surround system

into the guest bedroom [;)]...or perhaps an RB5 based system or a

KSB1.1 system, or heck...perhaps even a lascala based system? [;)]

I think the hardest part about the wiring was deciding just what was

the best usage of all the equipment available - and I think we came out

with a really good setup.

Don't forget the system in the kitchen as well as the outdoor systems

as well. He's got a soffit overhang thing that we ran wire to in order

to listen outside and we talked about a built-in lascala option on his

enclosed back porch where you open up a garage door to expose a pair of

lascalas to his large backyard. Btw, I came up with a few more ideas

concerning that whilst you were on the phone with Duke Spinner (who btw

is a really cool dude - he is soooo different on the phone than how he

writes on the forums, lol).

Right now I am using a MC 6100 integrated amp, a yamaha cd player and a pair of Dynaco A 25s. A very nice sounding set up. Previously was using a Fisher 400 with a pair of Warfedale W-70s also very nice but the speakers were a little overkill in terms of size.

josh