GO COLTS

colterphoto1

Sunburnwilly, OOOPS! As you can see the time of my post, I was half-asleep when I wrote that... *slaps his forehead*...colts n bengals or steelers, what was i thinking!

Panthers would be a good choice, their defense has been huge the past couple of weeks. Chicago seems to be gaining a lot of momentum as well, as much as they go underlooked they're a good team this year especially with the way their defense has been playing. I hope theres a way the Steelers can make the superbowl... its possible, but it'll be very tough. They still haven't lost on the road yet, which is good.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Colt's going down on Sunday!

Of course, as a die hard Bengals fan (my fingers still want to type

Bungals), the truth be told, there is a lot of nervousness. 14

years (or what ever) of ineptitude is hard to overcome without some gut

reaction of disbelief. Seems to me it's easier for non-Bengal

fans to appreciate them than long time fans. I think non Bengal

fans can see them for what they are and long time fans have that "omg,

are they going to crush my hopes again" fear.

Lets hear everyone's superbowl prediction.

I'd love to say Steelers vs. Colts but we all know im very biased to them, so I'm gonna say:

Colts vs. Bengals

Uh , you do know that both of those scenerios would never happen right ? You just mentioned 4 teams in the same conferance . Now if you are talking about the AFC championship , ( Before the Super Bowl ) , it's possible . [;)] I predict Colts vs Panthers in the Super Bowl . With the Colts winning it going away .

Chris Berman thinks the Panthers will go, Ron Jaworski thinks Atlanta.....the Panther's cheerleaders go either way

Cincinnati scares me a little they spanked us soo hard in pre season... If we beat them good the air will be out of their sails...

Steelers.. even with some injuries... always play tough.."The BUS" and Randal El... anything can happen IMO..

GO COLTS!!!!!

Season ticket holder since 1984... and some pretty lousy years in there too. Indy would go off the charts..

It is your year Colts... Carpe Dium!

IndyKlipschFan's had season tix since 1984? Bet his odds on the Super Bowl ticket lottery would be good[:D]

The NFC will certainly hinge on the "hot" team at the time.......the key is to get the wild card weekend off. That's a huge advantage.

It would seem that the Panthers and Falcons would be those teams from what I see right now. The NFC is SO wide open, though - any one of about 6 teams could go to Detroit. Lessee, there's Atlanta, Carolina, Seattle, New York, Dallas, Tampa - I could see ANY of these teams getting to the Super Bowl - throw in Chicago and Washington, just because the conference is so wide open (we'll see what the Bears are made of THIS week). Would anyone seriously bet on ANY of them? If I'm a football bettor, I leave the NFC alone!

In the AFC, this is the Colts to lose. They have the advantage, just like they want it - if they keep winning, they get to play late January INDOORS. I think the Steelers present the biggest challenge, by way of the ability to run, and stop the run. That's always a formula for postseason success - but they'll need Big Ben to make it happen.

The way to beat the Colts is to smash 'em in the mouth. The Colts have yet to prove they can get two yards when it really counts - or stop a team from converting a fourth and one defensively. I suspect that test will come. That's why I like how Pittsburgh matches up with Indy, because the Colts aren't known for physical line play - they are built to play in "shootouts" on a fast track - on both sides of the ball. The Seattle matchup looks interesting for the same reasons, adding in the fact that late December in Seattle usually means rain.

So the Colts will not go unbeaten - but they will be playing in Detroit on Feb 5. As long as they stay healthy, it is theirs to lose. I picked the Colts at year's start (especially after the signing of Corey Simon), and with the Pats having a down year, it seemed that Indy would be ready to "step up". The Steelers and Broncos will challenge - but if those games are in the dome, Indy wins. That place will be a MADHOUSE.

I too like the Steelers n Colts match-up. As mentioned above, Colts have had trouble stopping teams on 4th and down and with Steeler's run game it'll be interesting to see how they handle Bettis, Staley AND Parker. A very versatile run game, with Parker being the fast, agile RB ... Bettis being the powerhouse, just running right through for that short yardage... and Staley doing everything inbetween. The colts seem to have a very good defense and they've been successful with Edgerrin James pounding the ball. But the steelers have a good defense as well, especially against the run.... *crosses his finger* GO STEELERS! week 12 monday night football!

If steelers are to go far in the playoffs they need EVERYONE healthy... esp. Big ben, Ward, Parker, and their defense.

Ranjith

The Colts lost in Denver in '01, they won in Denver (by one field goal)

in '02, they lost home games to Denver in '03 and '04 and I'd rather

not talk about the playoff games (in Indianapolis) in '04 and

'05. The way I see it, the Colts' move from the strong old

AFC East to the weak new AFC South has been a factor helping the Colts'

W/L records over the last few years so they end up with a higher

probability of home (indoor) playoff games.

I hope that the Colts go undefeated

this year. I can not think of a classier team of coaches and

players that deserve to break the Miami record. I also hope that

my Cowboys pound the Denver Donkey's this Thanksgiving. Go

Cowboys!!!!

As you may have guessed, I don't really like the Colts but I'm also

pretty tired of that Miami Dolphin champagne party thing when

undefeated teams go down and it would be nice to see that come to an

end. What really shocks me though is that there is a Dallas fan

in Wyoming. Are you a transplant?? Just because you have a

little cowboy on your license plate doesn't mean you have to continue

the theme. Dallas??? Yuck! I'd rather be neutered

with a rusty cheese grater than be a Dallas fan.

Dallas??? Yuck! I'd rather be neutered with a rusty cheese grater than be a Dallas fan.

No thank you. Please keep my gooders away from rusty cheese graters.

We went to the Seahawk / Cowboy game about a month ago, I was shocked to see how many Dallas fans were in our section, I would say the ratio was 55/45 leaning towards the Seahawk side. Not sure about the entire stadium. But it was suprising.