This Bose thing has really got me thinking.....

wstrickland1

.......and has got me researching relentlessly. I see some really killer Bose products out there. I am torn between the big Lifestyle system and the 3-2-1. Bose says that either system will outperform all these huge speakers and systems but will be practically invisible. I think the 3-2-1 is the route I'm gonna take since I will be able to afford it with the proceeds from my sale. So, I figure I could sell off all my KLFs, Denon and B & K stuff for around one GR, maybe $1200 and score this bad boy with enough left over for a few DVDs. So should I just sell it all as a package or part it out? I need to get at least $1000 for everything, but $1200 would get me the system with the even smaller speakers. Any help would be appreciated.

Billy

follow your heart...........bwahahaha......

it costs bose $11 to manufacture those cubes

Bose am-15 $1,399

Sound & Vision Removed the Test Report website

SATELLITES

Frequency Response:..... 280 Hz to 13.3 kHz ±10.5 dB

BASS MODULE

Frequency Response:.... 46 Hz to 202 Hz ±2.3 dB

Sensitivity (SPL at 1 meter)* 85.1 dB

* measured with 2.8 volts of pink-noise input

uuuhhhh...

what happens between 220, and 280 hz ..???

nothing ..???? ...[6]

Not quite nothing - if you look at the chart - which I guess shows each speaker seperately you will get some summing of the outputs from the cubes and the "sub" unit as there is overlap there. There will probably be a dip even so - but not as dramatic as the numbers imply.

God only knows why the bass unit is quoted at plus or minus 2.3(? - from memory of the above post which I cannot see at this moment) and the cubes at plus or minus 10.

The overall results are probably not much worse than many speakers out there - in a typcial room anyway - but they do seem to roll off a bit dramatically and rather early.

Of course none of this means they will sound acceptable - as I think many of us already know.

Everyone knows by now that the best notes are 80 Hz and 8,000 Hz, that's why the Bose system scientifically emphasizes them. And there really isn't much musical information between 100 and 500 Hz, that just muddies things up, so these offending frequencies are scientifically removed from the frequency spectrum, leaving the listener with the scientifically approved boom and twinkle that is known as music.

Michael

uuuhhhh...

what happens between 220, and 280 hz ..???

nothing ..???? ...[6]

Not quite nothing - if you look at the chart - which I guess shows each speaker seperately you will get some summing of the outputs from the cubes and the "sub" unit as there is overlap there. There will probably be a dip even so - but not as dramatic as the numbers imply.

God only knows why the bass unit is quoted at plus or minus 2.3(? - from memory of the above post which I cannot see at this moment) and the cubes at plus or minus 10.

The overall results are probably not much worse than many speakers out there - in a typcial room anyway - but they do seem to roll off a bit dramatically and rather early.

Of course none of this means they will sound acceptable - as I think many of us already know.

You didn't pay attention, Max ....! ! !

at +/- 10.5 dB there is an 80hz. Gap ....[:(]

at which there is virtually No output .....Half as Loud ...Yuck ...[8-|]

Yes Michael, you have it right........

I listened to the 321 at a bose place and could not believe the price for the performance. Talk about a negative ratio. Keep in mind this was in a place designed to sell the things. There is truly a hole where the mids should be. They were demoing this with some disney movie. All for 1300 dollars. I did better with an Onkyo in a box system (for my parents) at a third of the price.

"Soup from a stone, imagine that!"