Movies to Show off your Killer System

Wild Blue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 10/15/2001 12:40:00 AM TheEAR wrote:

For me Terminator 2 SE and The Matrix do the trick,The Matrix is a stunner.Two classic demo movies.

Gladiator for overall sound and picture.

There are plenty of good movies out there with some great sound effects.The three above stand out for me.

For music almost any Telarc spectacular.Very good to demonstrate the efortless power of a great system.Full scale and will stress the whole system.For real sub bass Pomps & Pipes(Reference Recordings)has some of the deepest bass ever recorded.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

----------------

It's "pumps" and pipes.Just a friendly correction.I found out when I searced for it. 1.gif

----------------

On 10/15/2001 12:40:00 AM TheEAR wrote:

For me Terminator 2 SE and The Matrix do the trick,The Matrix is a stunner.Two classic demo movies.

Gladiator for overall sound and picture.

There are plenty of good movies out there with some great sound effects.The three above stand out for me.

For music almost any Telarc spectacular.Very good to demonstrate the efortless power of a great system.Full scale and will stress the whole system.For real sub bass Pomps & Pipes(Reference Recordings)has some of the deepest bass ever recorded.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

It's "pumps" and pipes.Just a friendly correction I found while searching for it.

----------------

1.gif

Speaking of a killer system and DVD to show it off with, I checked out a new upscale electronics store in my area yesterday, and the highlight of my tour was a 50" Pioneer Elite HD plasma TV and Pioneer Elite DVD player, both very recent models, though unfortunately I can't remember the exact model #s right now. It's late and I gotta crash in a few minutes. Anyway, they were playing SW Ep.2 on it and the picture was phenomenal! Of course it's a THX Ultra qualified system with a movie done start to finish digitally. It was so smooth, clear & sharp that it appeared to be as sharp as the HDTV demos I've seen from Nature, NOVA and other programs we've all seen clips from at Best Buy, etc.

I would absolutely love to see Fifth Element Superbit and other Superbit discs played on that monitor along with T2:UE and Fellowship of the Ring: EE.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

----------------

On 9/2/2003 2:59:07 PM yada wrote:

I think most of us would agree the standards are:

Matrix

Gladiator

T2 (although I don't own it)

But I have recently borrowed

True Lies (THX) and the surround effects sounds awsome !

----------------

You forgot LOTR. Also, nothing better shows off your sub than the avalanche scene in XXX. Just make sure your pictures are nailed to the walls.

For chest pounding bass

U-571 depth charge scene.......Do not be taking a drink when this comes up

Band of Brothers.......

Black Hawk down....More bullets flying by your ears to make ya duck for cover

Gladiator......The first battle as said before is incredile for sight and sound

Pearl Harbor..when the fighting starts.........

Replacement Killers will test your HT for music when they are in the tunnel getting guns out of the pickup.....

Too many movies not enough time.....