Generous offer!

fini

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also have some very fine boot dressing. Really does a wonderful job on those dirty soles and heals. Its new and unopened, really mint. Will exchange even up for a late model Bentley Arnage, preferably in dark blue or black. You will be required to pay for shipping for the dressing and delivery of the car to my address, or I am willing to meet you at a mutually agreed upon location no more than 50 miles from my home.

post-16829-13819279045514_thumb.jpg

I don't see what the problem is. He is offering to buy some Klipsch speakers, at what seems to be cheap prices. He made his offer, so it will be up to a possible seller if they want to contact him and acept his offer.

I have enough problems taking care of my own business, let along sticking it in someone elses. JMO

I don't see what the problem is. He is offering to buy some Klipsch speakers, at what seems to be cheap prices.

Let me help shed some light on your SEEMING doubt. His offer is criminally low, and is something on par with what you'd expect a Pawn Shop to offer.

Is there anything wrong with praying on the ignorant, well, to this degree no. But it does say quite alot about his moral values and character.

Thanks guys. After hearing about the mint pair of Forte that turned up at a local landfill recently and went home with a Klipsch employee who fortunately happened to stop by and spot them a few minutes after they were discarded, the $20.00 pair of Klipschorn found at a Goodwill store, $25.00 Cornwall at a thrift store, and etcetera, I figured I might as well post and see what happens.

As most of you know, I am the end user and none of the 15 pair of Klipsch speakers I have purchased over the last 6 months are for resale. The only way I will consider selling any of them is if I am able to turn up a nicer pair than what I now have, or when I turn up a pair of Klipschorns, I may sell my KG-4, etc. (which of course I will offer here first). I do have a dozen pair of Pioneer, Fisher, Kenwood, Sony, and JBL speakers that I replaced with Klipsch, that I am going to sell eventually and most likely will sell through eBay or locally, but never my Klipsch.

Of course people can always choose to sell them to this guy: http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/wan/125262217.html who posts: "I am ALWAYS looking to purchase vintage speakers or audio equipment. Please respond to this listing if you are interested in selling your new or old loudspeakers, amplifier, tube amp, or turntable that may have been sitting in your garage, basement or storage area taking up space. I will offer you top dollar for these wanted items which may include ( Klipsch, McIntosh, Krell, Quad, B&W, B&O, Bose, JBL, Fender, Thorens, Altec Lansing, Electro Voice, Fisher, Western Electric, Marantz, Acoustic Research, Meyer Sound, Crown, Tannoy, Thiel, Rogers, Kef, Martin Logan, Legacy, Jadis, Cary, Proceed, Paragon, Sonus Faber, Mark Levinson, Classe, Fender, Bang & Olufsen, Infinity, Monitor Audio, Snell, Proac, Cello, ADS, M&K, AR, Wilson, Revel, EMT, Linn, Clearaudio, Meridian, Aerial Acoustics ) Thank You!"

I imagine anyone savvy enough to be looking on Craigslist for a buyer for their speakers is also savvy enough to know how to do some simple research to determine the market value of what they are selling. Thus, I would be surprised he gets any ignorant takers of his offer. He may get some, though, who place less value on squeezing the last dollar out of their asset, or simply don't want to hassle with selling through other mediums or shipping them or whatever... I see nothing wrong with this.