Price Jump Noted For Belle's

Gilbert

I've been in the market for a pair of Belle's now for quite a while now, and noticed that 3 recently sold this month on ebay for what appears to be higher than the typical price. Based on epay, the avg. for this month is ringing in at just over $2700. These speakers use to sell for considerably less, in the low $2000's range. And a few years ago some Excellent rosewood examples were sold with a BIN price of about $2500. WHAT's THE DEAL MAN!!!

Is this due to the fact that the Belle is discontinued?

I knew buying the Belle's was a good investment! My stock just went up. As much as I hated the thought of parting with my beloved '62 Cornwalls something told me long term investment when I heard the Belle was to be discontinued. They sound even better now that I put the DHA2Xover's that were previously in my '77 Khorn's, those now sport an awesome set of all Auricapped Super AA's - Yeah Baby.

I just noticed that myself, they are finishing high which is just fine with me.

Congrats. I love my Belles.

What are you driving them with?

I use various tube amps - an Ostby rebuilt Scott 340B, A Nobis Cantabile, A pair of Mac MC-30s, and when the mood strikes me, various SS amps (Marantz, Mac, NAD, Pioneer, Nikko, Tri-path) as well. When it comes to amplifiers, I believe in serial monogomy.

Again, good purchase,

TommyK

Woops! Yes it was in Conn. Drove 190 miles in POURING rain up through winding unbelievably fogy roads......I thought I never would find the house! Well worth the trip. I'm running them through the new Mcintosh MC2102 ,and c2200 tube amps. Using nos Telefunken preamp tubes. Right now I'm using my Khorns but I think the corners aren't working (closet and baseboard in the way. I might rearange the room though and make it work,Right my darling,sweet,understanding wife??

Great observation Gilbert and for us proud Bells owners this is

obviously a good thing. That is why when last year I saw a pair of rare

Oak/Cane Belles in near perfect condition for $1300, after I nearly

fainted, I jumped all over 'em. With re-built tweeters and new

BEC A/AA xovers, they sound awesome. And the looks are classic

and as many have said, one of the most beautiful cabinet designs ever.

I would not consider parting with these for a penney under $2500 and

they are worth every bit of that. Being real honest, as nice as

mine are and with what I would have to spend to come close in looks and

sound performance, it would probably take closer to $3000. That may

seem extreme when you can buy KHorns for that and less but Belle owners

have to consider what it would take to replace these Classics.

I am looking at a deal on some infinity speakers and a Sony Receiver that shoudl work well in my new home. I am also building some speakers bbased on teh K Horn bass bin and JBL and altec stuff. Hence, I have a bunch of extra stuff.

I have a set or PERFECT walnut oiled Belles (Type AB network) and a set of perfect walnut oiled Heresys to match (I was building an HT for my old house) that I would like to part with. $3,000 package deal plus any shipping (I am in Las Vegas, a short drive from Ca, Az, Ut and other states).

If those sell, I will also let an academy go ($600 clear oak - I am going to lightly sand and put on a coat of urethane - it will be in as new condition)

I still have my Tigerwood K Horns for sale - Previously listed at $2500, seems like quite the bargain now. If someone is willing to pay the "market price" I can be persuaded to include the false corners and custom marble and brass ALK newtorks.

I also have a rougher set of Heresys that I may part with. I have new grill material and emblems. They need to be refinished. $300.

Chris

I any would be eBay bidders are reading this, here is a bargain compared to what you will be paying.

This makes me wonder what i could get for the 3 Belle's that i have; considering that 2 of them have the pie slice badges on them!!!!!!! Bill

Put of them on Bernnie or Michael's jet, and fly them down to me Bill [:D].

Bill,.... what type of grill cloth do the PIE SLICE Belle's have? Are they a matched pair?

Granby yeah, I lived in North Hampton for about six years

where abouts are you Jeff?

Travisc,

I live in Fitchburg, MA, about a 20 minute drive from your old stompin' grounds in Littleton.

Jeff

ha, I went to notre dame for a year, thats quite the hill ya got, went to my first strip club in fitchburg........480 club or something like that. I also used to live in westminster.

nice to meet ya man

Wayne

The appreciation of the Heritage is certainly noted. It makes all of those Heritage deals of years gone by seem like bargains now. Of course, that's expected with the renewed popularity of these speakers....

Another thing that pumps up recent prices: Holiday and post Holiday spending periods.....and this will continue through the tax refund season. You might do better to wait until summer when the prices usually drop some. On high demand high end audio items, this is the worst time to buy. Now if you were making a deal with a forum member for less than market price, that would be different, but in an ebay situation you are going to pay more now for any rare and desireable high end audio item than you would in summer, generally speaking. The old saying goes, "buy in the summer months, sell in the other months...."