We're looking for suggestions/help from YOU!

Amy

• Moderators

Ok gang, it's that time of year again....time to work on "refreshing" the website.

We're looking for suggestions from you to help us do a better job.

We've hired a new web designer ("Pletch" on the forum) ....

He is relatively new to the audio business, but not web developing. If you'd like to give your suggestions for the site, including usability, flow, organization, features you'd like to see, etc, please visit this link on our forum and help him out.

a working search function would be great. I understand this is being worked on but it's been quite sometime since we could actually look anything up. The Google band-aid really doens't cut it.

Thanks, other than that I'm reasonably happy with things (well the Forum that is...)

Michael

I have 2 odd ball suggestions.

1) There was a map that was posted that users could indicate where they live (i.e., what city & not a specific address - that could be done with a follow up PM between individuals).

Could this be "institutionalized" on the WEB site (accessible for forum members in good standing - I am not sure on the implementation). For those interested, this would make it easier for us to arrange local functions. For instance, hearing what our neighbors K-Horn sounded like after a crossover change etc. I am not sure if this would have broad appeal or not.

2). Perhaps an area where historic documents could be posted. This could include PWKs papers, old sales brochures, patent documents. There might be a snag if it included journal & symposium articles. Unless permission was obtained, there would be copyright issues. This would be a bit of a library and require some effort to build & maintain. So I understand this might be beyond your scope.

Good Luck & thank you providing & maintaining the FORUM,

-Tom

• Moderators

Thanks all for the suggestions!

We're actually not looking at the forum for this request though, but the main website.

We're working on the new release of the forum already. The webmaster has made some posts about this already.

Okay, as to the website.... IMO - and no offense - but the pics of the "expensive" speakers do not really jump out and grab me. They are usually dark, subdued photos with little detail - and no sense of action at all.

Many pics of KHorns by Forum Members of their own speakers make me "salivate" more than those on the website.

Also, the menus have a quirk where the mouse pointer is not properly aligned with the menu item as you scroll the cursor around.

Finally - man, I'm getting bad - the info on the speakers has a 1 paragraph blurb where you read a couple of sentences, and then it lets you click on "more." You expect some history or a dissertation or something, but all you get is the last half of the last sentence. It sort of makes the "more" link pointless. Either fit the whole paragraph in - or give enough of "more."

You all are great, so I'm not being "down" on you at all. I really want to help where I can.

Main website, make the product finder more friendly.

We active Forum members really try to help

newcomers to the HT or hifi world locate the speakers that are best for

them. I lookup product all the time for people other than myself.

Photos of EVERYTHING, more pro gear on there. Better categorization. Do away with the GO buttons, just scroll down, highlight, up it pops.

BIGGER TEXT- there's sooo much wasted screen space on the website,

Large blocks of text really should be serif typefaces, despite what the designers say. Isn't this paragraph easier to read than the next one? You've got us all squinting at our monitors. I've said this before but it's typography 101. Fire the disco-boy pretty designers and hire someone who knows what it's like to actually read a typeface.

MAKE THE DURN NUMBERS ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT BIGGER for gosh sake. There's got to be a better way to index it. Let's face it, much of Klipsch is either K-- or R-- in the numbering scheme, usually I have to page through several pages to guess where the product I'm looking for is.

Thanks,

Michael

Amy,

One question I have is the "Help Me Choose" option under products. At first glace it does not seem to really help someone identify "Which speaker is best for me". This is just my opinion, but a Help Me Choose would work best if a user was presented some questions and answers. Perhaps based on price, size, color or application (bookshelf, PC speakers, floor standing)...

Example, I go to the Help me Choose I'm presented with some drop down choices...

[ Price Range | \/ | ]

[ Style | \/ | ]

[ Finish | \/ | ]

Something kind of like that.

On the page for the Synergy SF-1, you get a nice table comparing the different Synergy models when you press the "Speaker Comparison" button. This is a very nice view that gives the user alot of information. It would be nice to include MSRP in this table. Most of the Reference pages don't have this button.

It would really be nice to select various speakers across different speaker series (a Reference model and a Synergy model) and then display this information in a table of the selected speakers.

• Moderators

On the page for the Synergy SF-1, you get a nice table comparing the different Synergy models when you press the "Speaker Comparison" button. This is a very nice view that gives the user alot of information. It would be nice to include MSRP in this table. Most of the Reference pages don't have this button.

It would really be nice to select various speakers across different speaker series (a Reference model and a Synergy model) and then display this information in a table of the selected speakers.

We changed the way we entered specs last year, and subsequently rendered the speaker comparison feature useless. We have to reprogram it, and will work on it for this update.

I agree, it was very helpful.

Thanks!