Auditioned the La Scala II yesterday at Georgia Home Theater

jwc

Guys. You wouldn't believe this. I was in Atlanta yesterday and stopped by GHT to say Hello. The Manager met me outside as he saw me walking up. He said, "You wouldn't believe what I have to show you".

He had the LS II's in stock and had them running off 2 McIntosh MC 275 tube amps bridged. The preamp was a Mac Tube as well.

My jaw dropped. Those are better looking than I expected. I also didn't realized that Klipsch had enclosed the back end. Very nice. They don't look "industrial" anymore.

For you Klipsch nuts that live in Georgia need to go see these things and check them out. GHT is a very good business and has wonderful customer service. They sell B&W, Mac, Classe', Rotel and other HT stuff that I don't really mess with. They sell a lot of B&W. One of the best dealers in the nation. I am proud that they have the Heritage line for DEMO! The LS II's are in their 2 channel room. I didn't listen to the Heresy 3 there. They expect to have a CW 3 there soon!

I know the LS sound well. I'm not sure of what the XO looks like since the back end is enclosed. They still have the sound I remember.

The room, However, isn't set up well yet for the scalas. It is too small. I went over this with them. They are new to the line.

I need to eat a little crow here. The bass was really impressive. You had to stand in a certain spot to get the effects of it because of room issues. That bass sound wasn't like what I remembered when I had my scalas. Maybe my room was an issue or it could be the improvement of the new/sturdy bass bin.

They are going to email me a picture of the set up so I can post it here. The big Macs and the scalas...what a beauty! I'll get it as soon as I can.

Kudos for GHT having them in stock. This is a big start.

Oh, they also have the new reference speaker there.

jc

I would think the amplification and preamp would have a lot to do with the bass they are delivering as well.

I get my VRD's and BBX tomorrow in the mail, so hope to see what this combo does for my La Scala's in regards to the bottom end. I'll be posting my thoughts after spending some time with them.

Mike

Those look sooo awesome!

It makes the older ones a great buy as well. I have heard the new ones, too, and agree with you they seem smoother and maybe a little more bass too. ( hard to know for sure...but def smoother....lows to highs than previous versions.)

GREAT pics.. Thanks for sharing!!

jwcullison,

thanks for the pictures. beautiful speakers. i had a pair of 76 and if they looked like that i would have kept them. i never understood the lack of bass complaint and i was running them with a set amp.

where is georgia ht in altlanta? I may drive up there next weekend to see my sister and i may take a look.

i'm looking for a cdp or transport/dac and would like to hear some stuff before i drop some coins.

again thanks for the pictures.

danny

They do look great, but (IMHO) spaced too closely together to image properly.

Am I right? Or did they image well?

Actually, you said something similar already:

The room, However, isn't set up well yet for the scalas. It is too

small. I went over this with them. They are new to the line.

Sorry about that.