Whatcha munchn' on?

m00n

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been living with carpet since 1992, and from what I hear there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that it will be hardwood anytime in the future. [:(] My previous house was carpeted, as was every room I slept in between my first and 2nd house. In hindsight, I don't think I've had a bare floor to sleep on since college, and that ended in the early 80's. Oh well, as long as you're happy with the flooring you have, I guess it's all good.

Oh yeah, I've been munching some homemade mexican salsa lately, which is actually more of a bean salad, has many types of beans and an unknown to me type of hot sauce and some type tomatoe stuff, I should ask SHMBO, she made a couple gallons of it with a friend last summer and froze it, just took some out last weekend to enjoy during the race. It's not really salsa, Pace style, it's mostly beans, garbonzo, black, kidney, I forget what else, and onions/spices. Dang tasty though. And something she whipped up out of an old cookbook Friday night, Wonderful Fluffy Fudge I think it was called. Chocolate with chocolate basically, not so much fudge as a brownie, with gooey center layer that in some places breaks through the crusty/chewy top layer, crunchy bottom layer, almost too rich, but not quite, if that makes sense. Wonderful fresh and warm out of the oven with a little vanilla ice cream.

I've been living with carpet since 1992, and from what I hear there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that it will be hardwood anytime in the future.

what we have here .....

is a Failure to Communcate ..[:o]

OK Duke, I may have been able to word that better, let me see....

I've been living with carpet since 1992, and from what I hear there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that it will be a bare floor anytime in the future. My flooring supplier apparently has some sort of allergy that cause unpleasant itching whenever switching from bare floors to carpet, and the whole idea of pulling up the carpet sounds like too much work for my supplier. She does appreciate hardwood, in fact, we laid our own in the kitchen, dining room and hallway when we built our house last year, you could say she is exposed to hardwood on a daily basis, though sometimes she opts to just walk on the rugs and leave the hardwood alone for a day or three. Or 5. [:'(]

Don't even get me started on her opinion of skinless chicken necks for an appetizer before the main course!

Champagne, think about it--- hard - wood ain't many of us would profess to enjoying that delicacy.

You might be thinking of bare floors or what we have been calling vinyl. But never hard wood.

get it![;)]

Me, tonight some homemade chili. Pretty good, I've made hotter, but there's nothing like homemade on the second night when all the flavors melt together!

Michael

I've been living with carpet since 1992, and from what I hear there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that it will be hardwood anytime in the future.

what we have here .....

I've been living with carpet since 1992, and from what I hear there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that it will be a bare floor anytime in the future. My flooring supplier apparently has some sort of allergy that cause unpleasant itching whenever switching from bare floors to carpet, and the whole idea of pulling up the carpet sounds like too much work for my supplier. She does appreciate hardwood, in fact, we laid our own in the kitchen, dining room and hallway when we built our house last year, you could say she is exposed to hardwood on a daily basis, though sometimes she opts to just walk on the rugs and leave the hardwood alone for a day or three. Or 5. [:'(]

Don't even get me started on her opinion of skinless chicken necks for an appetizer before the main course!

just yankin' yer chain ....[:D]

what we have here .....

Classic. I have to say I do not recall seeing a thread go in so many different, 100% entertaining directions.

All over a shared love of carpet!

strawberry poptarts

Amy is like the sister with 5 brothers......

She is soo jaded by us I think she just turns a blind eye

And we love that she takes it so well. I know it's after hours, but I

bet she's out there, clicking on for a minute or two here and there.

My bet is a berber. A tightly knit, closely timmed carpet. Just like in my living room.

strawberry poptarts

Amy is like the sister with 5 brothers......

She is soo jaded by us I think she just turns a blind eye

And we love that she takes it so well. I know it's after hours, but I bet she's out there, clicking on for a minute or two here and there.

My bet is a berber. A tightly knit, closely timmed carpet. Just like in my living room.

5popcorn.gif

How about this Trout?

A rainbow trout fished out of Holmes Lake in Lincoln, Neb., on Dec. 17,

2005, features a double mouth. Clarence Olberding, 57, of Lincoln,

wasn't just telling a fisherman's fib when he called over another

angler to look at the two-mouthed trout. It weighed in at about a

pound. Olberding, who plans to smoke and eat the fish, said the hook

was in the upper mouth, and that the lower one did not appear to be

functional.(AP Photo/Submitted photo, Charrye Olberding)

mmmhmmmm yum double lipped trout

post-13377-1381928193442_thumb.jpg