Nice La Scala Demo Room

Amy

Does anyone know if there are any dealers in or around the Chicago area that have Heritage demo rooms? I'd like to give some a listen, but the dealers near me say they can order, but have no heritage for demo.

Simply Stereo in Hoffman Estates on Higgins has some Khorns in one of there rooms that you can demo.

I live in Chicago and have the same problem as others have posted.

no local dealers have Heritage to demo, period.

they do not want to order demo Heritage speakers.

they will gladly take your order for a new pair but will have restrictions on returns.

they do not want to get stuck with those speakers.

Simply Stereo is one dealer that I frequent and they will not order any La Scala's or Cornwall's for demo purpose.

so how does one hear these speakers first before buying?

that is the big problem

I live in Chicago and have the same problem as others have posted.

no local dealers have Heritage to demo, period.

they do not want to order demo Heritage speakers.

they will gladly take your order for a new pair but will have restrictions on returns.

they do not want to get stuck with those speakers.

Simply Stereo is one dealer that I frequent and they will not order any La Scala's or Cornwall's for demo purpose.

so how does one hear these speakers first before buying?

that is the big problem

This seems to be a recurring theme. It makes me wonder why Klipsch still messes around w/Heritage. Maybe it's profitable, anyway. I would have guessed that the BestBuy account would be such a tremendous shot in the arm, that Klipsch would have almost abandoned Heritage - unless BestBuy wanted to display them.

abandoned Heritage? as far as dealers goes, it is close to it

no one stocks Heritage

from what my sales guy tells me, the profit margins are minimal on them too

cannot offer that big percentage discount off list price like they can with the other lines

If I really want to hear new Heritage, it looks like a trip to Indiana

considering this is not something I should have to do to audition new speakers

it makes one go against the new Hertage line of speakers (isn't this Heresy?)

Sweet! Too bad there is not a Heritage dealer in North Texas.

Yeah, something happened that caused Marvin Electronics to drop Klipsch. Too bad, or I would make up excuses to go to Fort Worth more often.

I bought my first Klipsch speakers from Marvin 21 years ago. They were big on Klipsch back then.

Marvin in Ft. Worth and Hillcrest in Dallas both dropped Klipsch somewhere around 7 or 8 years ago. Sales reps at both stores told me similar stories about being pressured to carry Klipsch "Home Theater in a Box" to continue to sell Heritage. Somehow, I really find that hard to believe.

Amy (or anyone)....... Do the top sections on the new La Scalas come off or just appear the do? Gosh what an improvement. I wish I could figure out how to thicken up the walls on mine like that. Big difference!

Yes, they are two part. They'd be too heavy to move otherwise. This has the added advantage that there is a separate jack for each box like in the split LSI, so they are easy to biamp right from the factory.

The outer box on the bass bin is 1" MDF. I saw a full sheet of it at the factory and could barely pick up one end of it. I could easily pickup a full sheet of 3/4.

There is a wedge modification to stiffen the side walls. You put a triangle of material into the center of each side of the W. Dampens those vibrations a lot. That's supposed to be one reason that the new LSII has better bass response- less lost to cabinet vibrations.

Michael