Holy Cow Heresy II's just sold for $770

Chris Elm

I'd have to say that it's pretty hard to determine just what kind of a deal this was, as the cosmetic condition

of these speakers is not really known.

I have a hard time reaching a conclusion from a stock photo, and a description that says "These items may

have some cosmetic imperfections".

That being said, I'd probably find myself in the "What are these people thinking??" crowd. After all, one

would have to wonder why a pair of Heresy II's were returned to the factory in the first place.

I'd have to say that it's pretty hard to determine just what kind of a deal this was, as the cosmetic condition

of these speakers is not really known.

I have a hard time reaching a conclusion from a stock photo, and a description that says "These items may

have some cosmetic imperfections".

That being said, I'd probably find myself in the "What are these people thinking??" crowd. After all, one

would have to wonder why a pair of Heresy II's were returned to the factory in the first place.

I think they are pricey, but the factory refurbished(?) them, so that should be worth extra. $420.start bid+$110. shipping=$530.+tax just to start the bidding. Atleast you know where they are coming from, and Klipsch will stand behind them. I thought there was only one set, but there is another set up for bid already. Why no buy now price from Klipsch? Why don't they just sell them outright instead of E-spay? Why is a set of speakers returned, and for what repair? What about the left over, brand NEW heresy2's that didn't sell, where are they, and how much for those? I guess it comes down to;You either want them or You don't. Sometimes I think I should just spend the money, and buy new, nevermind buying this old, I mean, vintage stuff.

I just saw some LaScala's last night that were up to $1600. I payed 1300 for mine a few months back and they are in even better shape. I have no intention of selling them but it makes me feel good seeing that I payed a fair price. The CornScala post the other day has piqued my interest. I have a complete woodshop and may consider building a pair.

WOW!!! hit just noticed I hit the century mark on my posts.........what do I get [:D] maybe my first blue dot?

$660 for like new in the box Klipsch Heresy II's is a great deal! Hell well used ones sell in the $400-$600 range all the time on eBay and you are getting these directly from the Klipsch Factory.

Try walking into an audio store that sells the Heresy II's still and walking out with a pair for $660, not a chance!

Face it most of you guys are just plain CHEAP! CHEAP!

You don't get something for nothing.

Klipsch speakers have never been cheap, but you get what you pay for. You are buying a pair of speakers that will last you a lifetime when you purchase a Heritage product.

The more people post these results the more it will artificially bloat the used heritage market.

As will constantly posting for sale ads. We have to remember there are hundreds+ lurkers here scouting for such heads' ups.

It's also frustrating when posts are started alerting Ebay ads as certainly any of us looking knows full well what's on Ebay. It merely alerts the lurkers and drives the price up. IMO

The more people post these results the more it will artificially bloat the used heritage market.

As will constantly posting for sale ads. We have to remember there are hundreds+ lurkers here scouting for such heads' ups.

It's also frustrating when posts are started alerting Ebay ads as certainly any of us looking knows full well what's on Ebay. It merely alerts the lurkers and drives the price up. IMO

Come on, get real. Do you honestly think the lurkers 1) actually exits for the sole purpose of snagging a good deal and 2) they are not smart enough to search ebay themselves? If you want something and have more time then money, you search Agon, AK, ebay, etc. You spend countless hours agonizing over a few bucks and in the end lose the auction because it is simply supply and demand. Who ever is willing to pay the most over the next guy/gal in a given span of time when they both want to buy wins.

Great deals are going to come from thrift stores, garage sales and postings in local papers when people don't take 5 minutes to log onto ebay and check completed auction prices.

I can't believe anyone actually thinks posting about prices or current auctions actually drives up the price. Heck you can set up searches on ebay to email you results when something you want is available.

Too much paranoia here. Put down the reefer for a bit...or send some my way so I can be paranoid too. Then again even paranoid people have real enemies [;)]

Frzn, said it in a post earlier today...you are all basically cheap! Just bid what you are willing to pay and see what happens. If you get it great. If not there is always tomorrow.

Yes, maybe not so much Ebay, but certainly other deals. When made public here a heads up is given to any and all lurkers in that given area. And yes, there have been reports where making something public here only enabled a stranger to ****** them up.

When I found my local khorns, which I paid $1700 or $1800 for - it would have been flat out foolish, no - flat out stupid of me to post about it till I had them in my car.

BTW - those were minty walnuts and you bet I'm interested in used Klipsch.

Indeed, if I knew you were looking for something in particular that I found - I'd notify you via PM.

$660 for like new in the box Klipsch Heresy II's is a great deal! Hell well used ones sell in the $400-$600 range all the time on eBay and you are getting these directly from the Klipsch Factory.

Try walking into an audio store that sells the Heresy II's still and walking out with a pair for $660, not a chance!

Face it most of you guys are just plain CHEAP! CHEAP!

You don't get something for nothing.

Klipsch speakers have never been cheap, but you get what you pay for. You are buying a pair of speakers that will last you a lifetime when you purchase a Heritage product.

Man you need to get out of that cold Vermont air, it's freezing your brain. That is alot of money for speakers that most of you guys will say "needs a subwoofer". There are two reasons why people buy used, they cannot afford to buy new, or they are looking for a deal. You didn't look for a deal when you got all that fine equipment you have, I can't believe it was all new? You told me about AudioClassics, they have a set of used heresys, tested, and ready to go, told me they would take $550. Those speakers Klipsch got $660 for are plus $110. shipping, plus tax on top of that.That bill is over $800. for REFURBISHED, AudioClassic H2,s new $1200.cash and carry. You tell me what's the better deal.Don't call people CHEAP because they want the best deal.