NOS Valves VRD's VS. Joe Curcio Upgrade dillema

davidgotubes

hey guys I need some good advice here I dont know what to do, craig at nos valves vrds sound great I have heard them and I know that they sound great and the cost to upgrade a pair of MKIII that are close to the VRD is around 375 per mono block, joe curico now has a pair of my mrkIII and wants to upgrade them, the cost is 1475 if its worth it I dont mind paying that price if its really worth it. but honestly I cant see joe's upgrade being any better the Craigs VRD .and is there anyone out there that has paid this price for joe'upgrade I cant find this kind of price on his web site any where . the first time I talked to joe the price was 575 now its suddenly 1475 I think he is price gauging I have been told by a good friend that the first post I wrote was hard to understand I hope this clears things up a bit thanks David .

thanks

alexthegreatm@bellsouth.net

I dunno man. hard to make out what you're asking here. I'm pretty sure you won't be picking up a pair of Craigs VRDs for $375 per. I don't believe he's selling kits either, if that's what you were trying to get across. You'll get better reponses if you write clearly, try the "a sentence is a complete thought" concept. I really couldn't get what you are asking there.

hi thanks for the reply. and yes you are right I wont be picking up a pair of the real VRD for 375 . what I mean is I can get a pair of my MK III turned into basicly the VRD for 375 per mono Block which are great or I can go with a Curcio upgrarde for 1475 is the curcio upgrade worth 1475 which one should I do , which one is better

I had the chance you buy a pair of MKIII's professionally rebuilt and they were located just down the street from me. I went with brand spanking new VRD's which I new would last a long time possibly a lifetime with no problems. Plus the VRD's look much better! and a very big plus is I don't feel the need to ever upgrade. Spend the money now or you'll be spendng it later.

Cheers,

Robert

Did you mean Craig's VRD Jrs??? His wholly new production Mark IIIs??? if that wasit, go with Craig...if you can get REAL VRDs for $375...GET THEM!!! $1475 on top of your own Mark IIIs seems like a lot but I am unfamiliar with Joe's work...

Bill

I have a Curcio upgrade in my ST-70. Go with the NOSValves work. Not

that the Curcio upgrades are bad, but Craig's work is very good.

They both have their opinions, but Joe doesn't hang out here or spend all that time on the phone with customers like Craig does.

I'm with the rest here. Craig's upgrade will equal or better Joe's at a substantial savings. It's a "No Brainer" IMHO.

The only othert way to do a good "upgrade" is to buy a pair of boards and do it yourself. Then of course, you might end up with a motor boat. Don't ask.[:$]

Rick

Looking at Joe's pages, I don't see where you get the $1475, but I

would still go with Craig. Joe's fancy Mark III boards, assembled and

tested are $396(pair). Even adding in the PS upgrades, etc. I still

don't see the higher price.

Bruce

I don't know, Craig's work will have that home styling to it with the smoke chaser. Just sit it outside for a week and let the rain wash away the aroma, then it will be fine. [;)]

I bought Craig's old Scott LK-72 and he updated my McIntosh MC-30's for me last year, March break, at his house. He was very hospitable, knowledgeable and willing to spend time helping and teaching me about my new amps. A great gentleman and very easy to deal with.