Disappointed in my audition of the RF83

pinipig523

Impostor is a digital Proteus who changes his persona whenever it suits his purposes. That 21 year old co-ed from Arizona State you met in a discussion forum may, in fact, be a retired steel worker from Pittsburgh. Impostor will claim to be black, white, rich, poor, young, old, straight or gay, and if he's good he can pull it off - at least for a while. Of course, there are sinister, even criminal reasons Impostor would lie about who he is, but more often he fakes it to lend weight to his arguments, or simply to amuse himself. Impostor's requisite imagination and good writing skills can make him a formidable enemy, but even the best Impostors will eventually blunder and reveal their true identity. Once uncovered, Impostor always flees the field, but he may return in another form - you just never know...

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

post-7941-13819286611064_thumb.jpg

post-7941-1381929088773_thumb.jpg

post-7941-1381929485073_thumb.jpg

I auditioned the RF83's with Sony electronics. I found the bass to be good but felt the high frequencies were bright. We might be saying the same thing about the mid and high frequencies, but in different words. I did feel that the low frequencies were ok. These speakers will probably sound better with a tube amp on the mellow side

I auditioned the RF83's with Sony electronics. I

found the bass to be good but felt the high frequencies were

bright. We might be saying the same thing about the mid and high

frequencies, but in different words. I did feel that the low

frequencies were ok. These speakers will probably sound better with a

tube amp on the mellow side

Yikes!

Sony Amplification?

Nails on a chalkboard is less offensive.

Edwin,

You are a VERY lucky man.

Beautiful baby girl. I love the name Grace. I always thought if I ever had a daughter I'd name her Grace, but now that I'm 52 I don't think it's going to happen. Kids love me, it's just the Moms I have trouble with.

Great looking kids you have. You should be very proud.

Happy early Fathers Day!

Danny

"I'll bet Pinipig523 wonders what happened to his/her/its post!

James"

I'm a he... and yes, I was more than a little shocked to see my thread became 9 pages long! I figured that there were a lot of opinions regarding the RF83, but when I read it, I realized that it was like a reality show!

LOL!

And to think that I know Kathy Mason from HTguide (Club Rotel)... yikes!

Good catch Amy!

Pinipig523, You are among the very few who have actually heard the new Reference speakers, that may be the reason for the dearth of responses. In RI, there is no reference dealer at all since Klipsch and Tweeter parted. Just BB with the Synergy line (poorly set up I might add).

Personally, I think it funny that for years the Klipsch brand has been faulted as being too "in your face" in the mids. With the new series, it seems that the engineering department has addressed that issue somewhat and the complaints here are focused there. Just goes to show, you can't please everybody.[;)]

Rick

to further 3dzapper, I remember reading a relatively new cigar company that was way too strong, to the extent that their cigars were almost hallucinagenic, but they addressed that the next year and then the people went, "hey wtf?" It just shows you cannot please everyone and when you change you displease the regulars. Kinda like when the porsche 996 had the L shaped lights and now the purists got their 997 with the oval lights again

Kids love me, it's just the Moms I have trouble with.

LOL!

Hey, I'm 50 next birthday. It's never too late.

This might seem very off the wall, since I just lost my wife in December, but at 56 (57 in Jun) I am seriously wondering if there is/could be a new wife in my future. One misses the companionship. I won't even go beyond that.

Edwin,

You are my hero!

I just can't see it, but you never know. The last 2 women I was dating were 33 and 44. I just have a hard time staying longer than 3 months and then I'm out of there.

Now get off this BB and go change a diaper. I'm going to go open another brew and toast Grace.

Danny

We were very lucky.

Sirens started going off about 2:30am this morning and the wind was blowing. I lost power for about 20 minutes. I think the whole storm lasted about 45 minutes. No damage.

Today was a beautiful day. First day I wore a T-Shirt all day. I have all the windows open. It's windy again and I think the low here is mid 40's, but I think spring has sprung. I have the old sweater on over the T-Shirt, but I'll take this kind of weather.

I hope BB members in Tenn are ok. They got slammed.

I found a stereo shop in ATL that sells Ayre CDP and another that sells Classe. I'm not doing anything right now, but when I head up that way I'll get in touch. We can go check out some new stuff.

Danny