do you believe in ghosts?

BobbyT

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope , but if you do , come to Charleston . This place is supposedly crawling with them . There is at least 4 companies here that conduct ghost tours . There's a good chance that you will wind up in the alley adjacent to the restaurant I work at . It's now called Lodge Alley , but was known in the past as Blood Alley . 200 years ago they had a gallows set up there , and at times they were offing so many people that the blood would run out into the street . Hence the name Blood Alley .

I see dead people.

DD,

Are you sure they are not just Bose owners - it can be very hard to tell but if you watch carefully Bose owners blink from time to time.

As for believing in ghosts - I am not even sure they believe in me.

Max,

Could be... I'll be watching closer for the occasional eye movement.

• Moderators

Some friends and I are going on a tour of Waverly Hill Sanatorium next weekend. Maybe we'll see something or even better, catch something in a picture.

As far as spyware in the avi, I'm on a mac. What's spyware?[;)]

I forgot to answer you on the other thread about the sanatorium , I wish i could make it ,i think. That is one place i would ever go alone, it would be bad enough with a group. Please let us know what it is like , that is one huge and strange place.

I don't know if I believe in spooks, but I do believe in Spook Hill...[:|]

http://historiclakewales.com/spookhill/

http://www.intalek.com/Index/Projects/SpookHill/SpookHill.htm

It's only about 30 minutes from my house...the family went there while I was stationed in Germany back in the '80s (and they've never been the same since...whoooooo)![:^)]

"I do believe in spooks...I do, I do, I do believe in spooks!"

post-11084-13819286630312_thumb.jpg

post-11084-1381929090634_thumb.jpg

post-11084-1381929486843_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Do I believe in ghosts? NO

Human imagination and fear coupled with negative energies may make some weaker people "see" ghosts.

But I do believe in bad energy left at places of terrible suffering and tragic death. For instance I would NEVER buy a house where I knew epople have died tragic deaths.As negative energies will be present there.

Same as renting a morgue transformed into living space,would you even consider it? I doubt so.

Human imagination and fear coupled with negative energies may make some weaker people "see" ghosts.

That's a pretty ambiguous statement, please define your definition of what weaker people are.

This is right in alignment with the "do [cables|interconnects|power cords|shackti stones|harmonics dots]" make an audible difference. There's absolutely no experimental evidence supporting a positive position (they do make a difference or I do believe in ghosts). But to someone who's experienced it, empirical evidence is superfluous and seemingly contradictive.

Me? I don't believe in ghosts - I know they exist, whether I believe in them or not. I'm not sure "ghost" is the right term - that implies certain connotations that I'm not in agreement with. But are there presences that I can't explain that I've run into on occation? Absolutely.

When I first got married (or got married the first time, either works...) my wife and I were living in a small rental cottage on a church property in Huntington, CT. The first night we spent there, late at night, I woke up with a really weird feeling. I was certain that someone (male, older, pretty ticked off) was walking up the stairs to the bedroom loft. I felt them walk up the stairs and glare at me for a while, then go back downstairs. Gave me the shivers. The next morning, when my wife woke up, I was cooking breakfast. She came downstairs, and before I had a chance to say anything, told me that she'd been pretty freaked out last night because she'd had the feeling that someone (or something) had walked up the stairs and stood at the top of the landing, radiating ill will and angry that we were there, then gone back downstairs and down into the root celler. We stayed there for about 6 months, and in that time we had an insect infestation that could have been straight out of the Amityville Horror (a bazillion creepy crawly things suddenly started climbing up the walls on the inside of the house, what a gross mess...), a chimmney fire when we didn't have a fire burning in the fireplace, stuff in the kitchen and living room knocked around and busted up during the night (probably mice), and frequently hair-raising spooky impressions that we weren' welcome there. We left asap. Go figure.

That's a pretty ambiguous statement, please define your definition of what weaker people are.

Yes tete d'autruche,

Weaker in the sense of people who can be influenced faster and who are scared by little things around them.Weaker would be people who are very receptive,even too receptive.