$12500 for these????

whell

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-3pc-KLIPSCHORN-K-357-KHORN-1959-K-5-HORNS_W0QQitemZ5876547639QQcategoryZ61378QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't care if ol' Paul carved his initials in them with his weenie, these still ain't worth that kind of money. They'll need some serious restoration to make them even a little bit presentable.

Yes, these were listed a few weeks ago. They would be pricey for me, too.... but I do wonder what the market price would be for these 50 year old sweethearts.

$5 to $6K, tops. Maybe less. The finish just ain't good enough and they're really nothing that special other then the fact that they match.

Individually, the pair of Khorns is probably worth about $2500 or less and the Shorthorn certainly less than $1k.

Oh yeah, and they're "C" style Khorns too.

Schneider glass is better than both Canon and Nikon. Schneider lens tend to be sharper both in close-ups and distant images. I own two Schneider lens for my 4X5, and a Goertz Dagor for my 8X10. Both my enlarging lens are Schneider. Something about that German glass separates the tone and gives the picture a 3-D image. Almost like you are there.[;)]

IF PWK knew these people and IF he helped them pick out their speakers and IF he autographed that picture and IF he...what does that do for you the buyer other than give you a story to repeat which may or may not be true??? I am very pleased with the Klipsch speakers that PWK helped me pick out...he did this by designing speakers so good that I just had to buy them...thanks PWK, thanks Klipschforum (for emptying my checkbook..."but I still have checks..." [:P][;)]...Bill

...so PWK advised them on placement and on design of the room and tweaked the speakers but then gave no advice on powering the trio??? Yamaha???(*see editor's note)...What, no tubes???...now show me a picture in Black and white (it WAS the early 60's) with ole PWK PLACING the speakers and maybe...Bill

*nothing against Yamaha, but I don't think PWK would have "recommended" this over something else...hmmmmmmm.