American Idol - Are you watching? Fess up

meagain

I think you guys with McPheever are infatuated with her luscious looks, creamy skin, alluring gaze in the camera, and other assets that shallow men in our society cherish.

She's got all that -- but, man, she has ripped up some songs and sang alot of flat notes in the last few weeks--and she doesn't seem to have that killer instinct to come out fighting and blow you away with her performances-- I'd love to see her get it because of all she has--but she won't win unless she comes out and sticks it to the guys with some note-perfect great songs that rock the house--I think she's on her way out if she doesn't because Elliott and Taylor have done nothing but gain confidence as the show has gone on--and she has seemed to lose confidence--

Its gonna be good these next couple weeks!!!!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, you're right, watching races on speedvision is a lot more intelligent.

Hey kid, it's your brain cells...enjoy the show.

I'm no better or smarter than anyone else here, nor would I ever claim to be. I have more than my share of faults, and I'm far from perfect. But at least I want to spend my free time doing something more constructive and relaxing than to watch mindless reality shows where self-appointed know-it-all judges berate and belittle another person's dream because they say they're not good enough, and because it's entertaining...y'all really find that entertaining to destroy a person's hopes and dreams by telling them they suck on national television? This is a perfect example of the dumbing of America, and this makes you feel good about yourselves?

Lisa, I'm sure you're an intelligent woman...there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a break from The History Channel or PBS and just chillin' to a simple comedy flick, or as you put it, "simply come up with creative ways to poke fun at the TV." But there's no value IMO at poking fun at another person's dreams and booing them off the stage and telling them they have no talent! That's just plain hurtful and pathetic, and in poor taste, and that's why I want nothing to do with American Idol. That to me is not entertainment, but the dumbing of America...it's sad what this society has turned into, where values and morals have been flushed down the toilet with common decency and respect for one another. You said that "sometimes it's nice to rest the brain and have sheer goofy, mindless entertainment", and you're right...there are those comedies like Dumb and Dumber, Anchorman, Road Trip, and The 40-Year-Old Virgin, et al that hurt absolutely no one...read hurt absolutely no one! If you really cared, you wouldn't be wasting your time with reality shows of any kind, and finding other forms of entertainment that don't degrade actual people.

But that's just me...do what you want.

Ok theryugobuddy changed my mind. Im not even that keen on Katherine's looks and I just recalled the number she did sitting down on the stage. Not my type! Im now an Elliot fan but I think the majority will go for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Taylor. Sort of a cross between Joe Cocker, Ray Charles and a guy I saw at a karaoke bar a few years ago! Where's that little kid with the glasses when ya need him![:D]

Jim, you don't understand what the show is about. I get that now. Maybe you should watch a couple minutes before you condemn the show, or people that enjoy it. Nobody at this stage of the competition is told that they suck.

And I'm not a kid.

Well then, Todd, I stand corrected and I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

But I'm not going to watch the show! Not now...not ever!

I'm outta this thread...sorry for the bother.

Enjoy the show.

I think you guys with McPheever are infatuated with her luscious looks, creamy skin, alluring gaze in the camera, and other assets that shallow men in our society cherish.

What's this, Babe's, well, maybe I have been missing out on something.

You think if Elliott's teeth were fixed and his ears pinned back -- he might have a chance?

Damn--the guy can sing, but he's gotta outdo Kat who looked and sang smokin hot and Taylor who could entertain a monk even if he's goofy (and I'm from Birmingham)--

Love to see it, but I don't think he's gonna make it--

Only one thing-- Did Simon tell him that he wouldn't make it to the next round so voters would rebel and vote for him to get him to the next round? or was he really saying what he thought?

The judges seemed to be trying again to keep Katherine out of the finals, but I don't think they succeeded. She even commented on it. The joke will be on them when she doesn't have to worry about what they say anymore. Elliot's just not that exiting. There is no way I'd ever buy an album by him (not that I've ever bought an idol's CD).

Anyway, I'm sure Taylor isn't going home, and I think it will be Taylor vs. Katherine in the finals, with Taylor taking home the grand prize. And Simon said he wouldn't make it past Hollywood week.

Chris (singing 'Hemorrhage') video. non-60 year old 'Grand-ma-ma' music.... Many's pick for the winner.

For anyone who can stop thumping their chests long enough (LOL)...

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1141477504/Chris_Daughtry_Rocks_Idol_with_Hemorrhage_by_Fuel

Ok, I just had to check it out. The guy NAILS this one! (little help from the choir)

As you can see, Randy and I had a conversation about <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Taylor the other day.[;)] Actually, my wife was the one, (many weeks ago) that compared Taylor to Joe Cocker and Ray Charles. I think Taylor's performance, especially the last number, put him in the lead and it will be his to lose. I figure Elliot will go because Simon said and quite frankly, he was over shadowed, by both Katherine and Taylor last night.

Yeah I gotta chime in here <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Taylor and Katherine were the best performers. Katherines performance of Somewhere Over the Rainbow was simply incredible. Elliot is on his way home for sure, he just chooses songs that no one can identify with, however he can sing but his performance was the lesser of the three IMO.

As you can see, Randy and I had a conversation about <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Taylor the other day.[;)] Actually, my wife was the one, (many weeks ago) that compared Taylor to Joe Cocker and Ray Charles. I think Taylor's performance, especially the last number, put him in the lead and it will be his to lose. I figure Elliot will go because Simon said and quite frankly, he was over shadowed, by both Katherine and Taylor last night.

Sorry to break it to you bro, but Randy compared him to Joe Cocker, and Ray Charles in his audition.

Did anyone hear if Chris was going to take the offer from Fuel to be their leadsinger? He would probably do better on his own. He did do a great job on that song, but I thought "renegade" was just as good!

http://www.veoh.com/videoDetails.html?v=e61636azfrBjy8&feature=1&order=tr&range=w&numResults=20&title=Top+Rated

Horrid lack of range on Renegade. Listen how he rearranges the song to stay in his limited vocal range. No amount of posing and vibrato can make up for not hitting the little black dots.

Toddvj said, " Sorry to break it to you bro, but Randy compared him to Joe Cocker, and Ray Charles in his audition."

Well I'll B! I must of missed that. The first time I saw Taylor I said, "what's that old fart doing on Idol"!

I still like the kid with the glasses.[:D]

BTW, did any of you see Simon on the Tonight Show a couple of nights ago? Jay said, "I hear PlayGirl offered Ace a hundred thousand dollars to pose nude." Simon laughed and said. "Seacrest offered him two hundred thousand."

Did anyone hear if Chris was going to take the offer from Fuel to be their leadsinger? He would probably do better on his own. He did do a great job on that song, but I thought "renegade" was just as good!

http://www.veoh.com/videoDetails.html?v=e61636azfrBjy8&feature=1&order=tr&range=w&numResults=20&title=Top+Rated

Horrid lack of range on Renegade. Listen how he rearranges the song to stay in his limited vocal range. No amount of posing and vibrato can make up for not hitting the little black dots.

Michael my exact thought on him. He has/had a very limited range and poor vocal stamina, his voice was beginning to crack. In his genre he may make it one day but IMO he is not the performer he was made out to be.