American Idol - Are you watching? Fess up

meagain

Horrid lack of range on Renegade. Listen how he rearranges the song to stay in his limited vocal range. No amount of posing and vibrato can make up for not hitting the little black dots.

Michael my exact thought on him. He has/had a very limited range and poor vocal stamina, his voice was beginning to crack. In his genre he may make it one day but IMO he is not the performer he was made out to be.

Uh - you watched every song from Chris? Poor vocal stamina? You're kidding.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Horrid lack of range on Renegade. Listen how he rearranges the song to stay in his limited vocal range. No amount of posing and vibrato can make up for not hitting the little black dots.

Michael my exact thought on him. He has/had a very limited range and poor vocal stamina, his voice was beginning to crack. In his genre he may make it one day but IMO he is not the performer he was made out to be.

Uh - you watched every song from Chris? Poor vocal stamina? You're kidding.

Yep! His voice began to crack about three weeks before he got the boot. The last two weeks he was on, it was very noticeable. The longer he sang the more he his voice moved to a scream and his pitch suffered. It happened because he tried to use his throat to control the volume instead of his diaphragm. That is why they made him lay down and sing.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

'It happened because he tried to use his throat to control the volume instead of his diaphragm. That is why they made him lay down and sing.'

Yup, it was all 'head voice'. Dude wouldn't last two weeks on a tour with a real band.

Colter - It's my understanding you've not watched the show. If you did, it was 1-2 times or so. You are missing weeks of audtions, and many many many weeks of performances from these people. His voice cracked ONE time in all this.

"head voice" LOL

Not to mention I think he had the "whole package" (keep your jokes to yourselves [;)]) He can sing, and has a great image, and with alot of his songs, the energy that was there was great, and that's what makes a real singer. So what if his voice cracked once... it's bound to happen, the dude still hasn't gave up his day job..right? Just an amature looking to become a professional.

Elliot was great also, but I think he just didn't have the look. I am no model myself, but in Hollywood, I think looks go a long way, maybe more than they should?

I was talking with two female co-workers who said they were going to be watching (5-23) tonite. I was surfing thru my 6 other channels and did watch each performer sing/mangle/blowchunx on the gooey pap that passes for music.

Both over-hyped nobody's that will end up in the cutout bins after their short fall from the bottom rung.

NP - Faith No More - Introduce Yourself

Great show -- Taylor was off key all night!

Mandeesa was the best voice on the stage--what a diva!

Prediction--Princes' new CD 3121 hits the top of the charts after that fantastic performance with the twin singing.dancing goddesses-

I gotta move back to Birmingham -- naaaaaah-

I thought everybody, (except Bucky) out performed Katherine and Taylor. Actually, I'm pretty sick of both of them and can't imagine ever buying one of their CDs. By this time next year, Taylor will be happy to perform in Indy's karaoke room.[:D]

I thought Prince was dead! Really!

Prince VIP was a great song... The other?? It was good..

Dionne Warwick OMG, THAT..... is a voice. I noticed she did not try any high notes..I have heard her hit them in recent years but not tonight, but every single one of these wanna bee's are basiaccly singing pre selected songs and done live but Karaoke style trust me. The Clay Aiken wanna be with the "cooler looking hipper Clay" if possible.. was funny!

But seriously folks.. If your 16- 26 do you really care about Barry Manilow, Burt Bacharach, Elton John.. etc., I mean seriously??? NOT!!!!!!!

These "Stars" are voted on by moms grandmoms little gilrs with moms I doubt many of the people into Korn, GNR, alice n chains.. LOL

So were they a 10 tonight.. no a 9- 9+

And while a entertaining night tonight TV did what TV does best it gave 60 million voters what they wanted!!!

Taylor.. now if just 10% of those buy your cd... You can retire for sure..

And Simon still gets richer!!!!

I thought the 'contestants' sounded better than the big 'stars?'. With a little more experience, good songs and a studio I doubt any of them will care what a bunch of old wore out fat a$$ wannabes think of them. They'll be too busy counting their money. Just my opinion of course.

Keith