American Idol - Are you watching? Fess up

meagain

It's OK to admit it.... :) I didn't want to watch it due to being so upset at last years. I got sucked in again because the audition shows are so funny.

Anyway, who do you like/not like? Anyone irritate you for no apparent reason? Who should go next? Better yet - do you care? :)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the first time I've watched it. I like them all and they are all great singers. I LOVED Mandissa...that bit** could singggggggggggggggggggggggg (and that is said in a most affectionate way) I literally got goosebumps watching her one night.

Given that they are ALL very talanted performers and singers (and have more talant in their left pinky fingernail than I'll EVER have)

Elliott: is out tonight

Kelly: needs to get rid of her accent when she's singing. She might be fantastic in country singing, but her twang won't cut it otherwise "across the board" so she can't win

Ace: relies on his charm & looks which won't let him beat out someone like Chris who isn't as pretty...but can really entertain (if Ace DOES win, it's more of a beauty pagent than singing)

Paris: Can singggggggggggg and will be in final 3 (and voted out as third one)

Taylor: Funny, talanted can own a stage but I doubt he lasts to top 3 (he's voted off as 4th)

Katherine: Wow... Down to final two

Chris: Love his style & presence... he will also be final two

So, I guess in my opinion

Winner Chris OR Katherine

2nd place, chris or Katherine

3rd place, Paris

4th place, Ace/Taylor

5th place, Taylor/Ace

6th place, Kelly

7th place and out tonight, Elliott

This is the first time I've watched it. I like them all and they are all great singers. I LOVED Mandissa...that bit** could singggggggggggggggggggggggg (and that is said in a most affectionate way) I literally got goosebumps watching her one night. She was good but sometimes I had a problem with her in the low notes. She shouldn't have left when she did.

Given that they are ALL very talanted performers and singers (and have more talant in their left pinky fingernail than I'll EVER have) I think this is a good group. And fairly likeable (except for one for me).

Elliott: is out tonight Sadly, I think so too.

Kelly: needs to get rid of her accent when she's singing. She might be fantastic in country singing, but her twang won't cut it otherwise "across the board" so she can't win She was terrible last night! WAY off. Like a whole beat. Technically, she should go but she's too likable so Elliott will take the fall. He's great though. :( That Jazz thing he did a few weeks ago was stunning.

Ace: relies on his charm & looks which won't let him beat out someone like Chris who isn't as pretty...but can really entertain (if Ace DOES win, it's more of a beauty pagent than singing) He's gotta get out of the boy band act with the arm to his side snapping his fingers, etc. Sorry - I think Chris is gorgeous. Great face.

Paris: Can singggggggggggg and will be in final 3 (and voted out as third one) I dissagree! I don't like her singing and she's the one who irritates me to no end. She reminds me of a bobblehead doll. About her singing. Listen back or close your eyes - tell me you can understand her words. She goes into this weird throat thing that convolutes everything to where you have no idea what she just sang.

Taylor: Funny, talanted can own a stage but I doubt he lasts to top 3 (he's voted off as 4th) Goofy guy but such a pleasant voice. He's a good singer.

Katherine: Wow... Down to final two Yes.

Chris: Love his style & presence... he will also be final two Yes. He's my personal favorite since day one. Though I think he already set up his career with this show. If I was looking for a kick *** lead singer for my rock band - boom.

So, I guess in my opinion

Winner Chris OR Katherine

2nd place, chris or Katherine

3rd place, Paris I might put Taylor here just based on popularity. I think Paris will go sooner?

4th place, Ace/Taylor

5th place, Taylor/Ace

6th place, Kelly

7th place and out tonight, Elliott

Ok menfolk.... WHY don't you watch American idol?

Hate the concept? The 'parade/spectacle' of it?

Can't stomach the bad decisions of the american public & get frustrated?

Think they all suck?

Don't watch much TV anyway?

I like to watch Paula each week to see the varying degrees of glaze in her eyes.

The only thing related to American Idol I've ever seen is when Triumph the insult comic dog visited the tryouts in Hawaii, and also when he insulted both Simon and whats-her-name outside of the Emmy's.

I figure that was the high point for the show, so why bother actually watching one?

All right, all right, I was tempted to watch an episode once in a hotel room but opening the minibar and watching the little Coke cans sweat turned out to be more fun.

I put TV in the same catagory as radio. They both suck! Most everything on the air that you pick up with both TV and radio pretty much suck; music, shows, news, etc, etc, etc...

There IS a reason why they call it an "idiot box".

In fact, when I upgraded the head unit in my Miata, I never bothered connecting the antenna cable. I just tucked it safely behind the air vent tube.

Oh, BTW, my answer to your question is a big NO. [8-|]

def - LOL!!!

Chops - I disagree. I think there's some great stuff on TV these days.

OMG! Coytee - are you watching Idol now!???? :o

Clarence - so what say you (and I appreciate the ba**s to admit you watch!)... whatcha think. Who do you like not like.

I can't come back to this thread cuz I've turned off the show to wait for hubby. I don't want to be 'spoiled'.

Come one guys! Fess up. Surely there are those who watch this show. And surely one can admit there is some talent here?

Did anyone watch the INXS show? I liked that the public got to pick their choices but left it in the hands of INXS to choose who stays. I'd rather see AI done like that as I've zero zero faith in the american public. Ther American public likes movies like "Ghost". [:P]

I only watch FOX, Discovery, and HGTV. Sopranos, yes. And the Chopper Show. Thats it.

Spade was too much of a pretty boy for me. I realized that from the begining. When he looked deep into the camera and brushed his hair out of his eyes. (jelous)

I watched tonight because I was in bed when it was on. Physical Therapy took alot out of me today. I get a kick out of the news at 10pm. Who got shot today, who got raped, what playground the child molestors are hanging out at... BLA BLA BLA. I have become desensitized to it. When I first moved to detroit metro area I was horrified by the daily news. Now Im used to it. SICKSICKSICK!!!

So Chops... do you not even watch shows on HBO like Deadwood, Sopranos, Curb, etc? Usually, people who say TV sucks doesn't have cable. :) Or what about 24 or Prison Break?

I mostly watch the hi-def channels and some of the movies on HBO and Cinemax. Oh, and I also watch Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO. That's my version of the news I like to watch, and it's the ONLY "show" I watch on a regular basis.

Deadwood - never have/never will, Curb - used to sometimes but got old really fast, Sopranos - very rarely, Six Feet - watched a few of the first shows and that's it, and that new one will Bill Paxton and 3 wives - nope, never will.

Now the HBO stand-up comedy specials like George Carlin, Chris Rock, Dana Carvey and some others I'll watch, especially if it's George Carlin.

Yes, I say TV sucks, I always have and always will, and I have the full digital cable package with all the music channels, all HBO & Cinemax channels, and all the hi-def channels (there's only a few unfortunately).

See, stupid people annoy me really bad, and the majority of shows on TV are about nothing BUT stupid people, written by stupid people. Just like ALL of those "reality" shows, 100% of them are about stupid people.

I mean, come on... Who in their right mind is going to marry some jerk because he's a millionaire or stuff live bugs and crap in your mouth for a few bucks and live on some island for a while wanting to kill the idiot next to you?!?!

Who in their right mind would watch that crap to begin with?!?! If I want to watch stupid people, I'll go to the local jail and ask to visit with the inmates or something.

Geesh...

Chops-you really need to quit being so wishy-washy and develop some firm opinions on things!!! ;)

I agree with most of what you said, by the way.

David

Huh? Wishy-washy about what things?

BTW, I do believe that is the very first time in my life that I actually wrote/type "wishy-washy"!!! LOL [:P]

So Chops... do you not even watch shows on HBO like Deadwood, Sopranos, Curb, etc? Usually, people who say TV sucks doesn't have cable. :) Or what about 24 or Prison Break?

Know you were'nt talking to me, but I love Deadwood, Sopranos and Entourage, all great shows. Also usually like Nature, Nova and American Experiance on PBS. Also always watch the original Law and Order marathons and once and a while catch it when it premiers on Wednesday night. Like King of Queens as well.