American Idol - Are you watching? Fess up

meagain

Chops-you really need to quit being so wishy-washy and develop some firm opinions on things!!! ;)

I agree with most of what you said, by the way.

David

Huh? Wishy-washy about what things?

BTW, I do believe that is the very first time in my life that I actually wrote/type "wishy-washy"!!! LOL [:P]

I said those comments with tongue planted firmly in cheek, hence the wink...lol

dp

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I go visit parents, my sister or mom might be watching it once in awhile. I can't stand that show, season 1 season 2.... and then the repetition continues... they show a lot of bad singers purely for entertainment reason, Simon is rude and hard to please, Paula goes overboard with flattery sometimes blah blah blah... its just plain BORING

For the most part, I enjoy TV. I've seen A.I. It's not my cup of tea. Therefore, I avoid watching it. My wife enjoys it a great deal. I usually find something else to do when it's on. I rarely knock any shows which I have not seen at least a couple of times because I like to know what I am talking about. I am CERTAIN I do not like this show. On a parallel; I did enjoy last year's 'Rock Star: INXS' series. Go figure. I suppose I prefer music shows about GOOD music. -IMHO (I've always been an INXS fan, too.).

Funny how all these music fans refuse to watch a show... About Music!

Country, rap, hip-hop, etc, etc... I don't consider that music. And now more "artists" these days are doing nothing but taking older songs that REAL artists wrote and botching them up by adding a deep bass beat to them, remixing them, and adding their own stupid rap lyrics to it, making it even worse.

You know, back in the day, people like Sting, Phil Collins, and many many others wrote and sang their own songs. These days, these new artists are stealing those old songs and screwing them up. It's pertty bad when they make millions off of someone else's songs and ideas.

And I'm not even get into the whole "wanna-be's" crowd.

Just like I said... "Ace is the next piece of TOAST" Trust me...that's exactly what I said...Ace falls, THEN Elliott...

[A] [:S]

Actually, it did surprise me that he was next. I've just felt that with his "pretty face", he'd stick around for a while because of the female crowds swooning...

Might be interesting next week with that classical singing they're doing (as I understand it).

• Moderators

The only thing related to American Idol I've ever seen is when Triumph the insult comic dog visited the tryouts in Hawaii, and also when he insulted both Simon and whats-her-name outside of the Emmy's.

That was hilarious!! The Triumph DVD is one of my favorites.

And nope, don't watch the show. I watched one episode of the early try-outs this season, and I accidentally caught the last few minutes of last season when Carrie won, but that's all I've ever seen.

I watched one season of Survivor (the Outback) and swore I would never let a TV show get me so obsessively involved again [:)]

Funny how all these music fans refuse to watch a show... About Music!

American Idol is about as much about music as the Monkees were a real band. Just my .02, it's just pablum for the masses.

Don't even get me started on the 'judging' if you want to call it that.

Michael

I watch very little teevee but I do watch the idol program. Having been reared in So. Cal W. L.A. I've become very adverse to nepotism in the entertainment industry. I lot of good talent never gets anywhere while people like Eddie Arnold Jr., et al..make out like accomplished thieves. Who you know not how good you are.

Then we get this idol program and some little unkowns are getting some real opportunities. I do not enjoy the humiliation levelled at the oddballs and the 3 judges are obtuse. But they have delivered some good new people, especially this year. Obviously the rest of America enjoys the program and they do product support the winners (although I haven't anything about Studdard of late). This years a toss up and the remaining 10 probably sewed up careers even without winning outright.

I love it -- great American drama with alot of warts, good and bad behavior, and every year there are some truly great performances--but you've gotta watch to catch them. Its the only reality show I can stomach--

Kills me that Elliott will probably be outed before Pickler because he's goofy looking and she's a doll-baby--he can sing!

I know, I know--their guest stars have been Kenny Rogers after his 10th facelift, Barry Manilow in all his blandness, and Rod Stewart singing hokum, but they fit the music styles of the show--Queen was a nice addition, even though they didn't seem to give a **** about any of the contestants--

Mainly, most of them are just kids--and its fun to see them occasionally have some magic in their performances--and their lives