CornScala project....Updated Pics 6/29!!!

jorjen

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys.

Charles,

I hate to cover these horns as nicely as they turned out, but the drivers/baffles will be behind removable grilles like the Cornwall. I am going for a factory type Heritage appearance and have been from the start. So, they won't be visible anyway unless the grilles are removed. Besides, that is a shiny, grained film coating over the plywood and would look cheesey exposed. I chose this material for the smooth, sealed, easily paintable surface.

If it's possible for a speaker cabinet to be 'sexy' this is it. Photo 1287 with the two horns seamlessly integreted into their baffle board is awesome. And I dig those connectors and alignment pins! Very well thought out.

There won't be a fastener in sight with these, will there?

Me wants! I wish I had a nice workshop and the patience for this kind of work.

Michael

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the compliments.

Michael,

You are correct. No fasteners will be visible except for driver mountings with the grilles off. Without a nice workshop OR the right tools, I sometimes find myself becoming frustrated to say the least. That is also why it takes me alot longer than it should to complete a project like this. Maybe someday I will be able to afford the right equipment.

Good one Rick, but I got short changed in one of those areas and others too. Heck, I am only 5' 4" tall for one thing[;)], so don't feel too bad.

That's beautiful work chops. Look's great, I hope it sounds as good as it looks. ;)

But, for cryin' in the sink, why don't you just go 100% JBL and be done with it. Lansing knew what he was doing too. I love my Klipsch Cornwalls but I'm really becoming a fan of Jim Lansing's stuff.

Great job.

-Mark

That's beautiful work chops. Look's great, I hope it sounds as good as it looks. ;)

But, for cryin' in the sink, why don't you just go 100% JBL and be done with it. Lansing knew what he was doing too. I love my Klipsch Cornwalls but I'm really becoming a fan of Jim Lansing's stuff.

Great job.

-Mark

uh?... This is Jordan's work and not Charles' stuff. Although he is also trying some cool stuff.

Great job.

-Mark

uh?... This is Jordan's work and not Charles' stuff. Although he is also trying some cool stuff.

Thx Marvel....gotta adjust the dosage again.[:$]

Jordan, great work. Love the baby cheeks.

• 1 year later...