Bad news from Solen!

Guys,

Here's an Email I got from Solen yesterday:

Dear Customer,

Due to the rising cost of raw materials, we have been forced to significantly raise the price of our inductors by approximately 25%. This is not a decision that was taken lightly, as we recognize that affordable components are essential for your business needs.

Best Regards,

Solen Inc.
4470 Thibault Ave.
St-Hubert, QC J3Y 7T9
Canada

All of you crossover builders out there know what this means! [:@]

Al K.

My guess is that you are going to see similar increases in everything made out of copper. Copper prices are at an all time high because of the booming world economy. The metal value of many countries' coinage is now higher than the face value of the coins. Even in the United States, where the one cent piece is copper plated zinc, the cost of production exceeds the face value. And it is not just copper. Steel went up like crazy over the last few years. So did cement.

My guess is that you are going to see similar increases in everything made out of copper. Copper prices are at an all time high because of the booming world economy. The metal value of many countries' coinage is now higher than the face value of the coins. Even in the United States, where the one cent piece is copper plated zinc, the cost of production exceeds the face value. And it is not just copper. Steel went up like crazy over the last few years. So did cement.

China is sucking up everything!!

tc