Rare Pair Of LaScala's

Gilbert

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMIFRIGGINGAWD- how beautiful are those to my eyes!

I think what we have here is a pair of Split Industrial LaScalas in Birch Lacquer with Top Cane Grille.

LSI-BL-TG might be the designation in typical Klipsch parlance.

me wants me wants me wants.....

Michael

OMIFRIGGINGAWD- how beautiful are those to my eyes!

I think what we have here is a pair of Split Industrial LaScalas in Birch Lacquer with Top Cane Grille.

LSI-BL-TG might be the designation in typical Klipsch parlance.

me wants me wants me wants.....

Michael

La Scala Industrial- Birch Laquer-Top Grill[;)].......you win a cookie

They look to be mid 80's, AL or AL-2 network. S/N does not suggest as to date of build.

Sweeeeeeeeeettttttt!

If this were a sporting event I think the bookies would put the Over/Under at about $2K.

I would pay that for them if I did not think it would lead to a divorce after my BBX and Heresy II purchase a week or so ago.

Man, I love those...I truly hope a forum member gets them. My parents live within an hour from there. For about 2 minutes I saw myself bidding on them and making a trip to see the parents and pick them up. Then I came back to reality.

NICE!

I don't know about that price Rich. They might be rare, but I have an avg of $1000 in each pair of my LSI BG AL. I wouldn't pay any more for Birch. Even though they are way cool!

That must have been some kind of custom ordered item. Klipsch did a lot of that with the Industrial series of Heresies, just never seen it in the LSI's before.

Why is it so sexy to see that 7 ply exposed and nekkid?

Steve- thanks for the kudos- say, is there a letter code for 'split'? As in Split LSI vs LSI all-in-ones?

Does my code above make any sense or were all BG (black 'glass) units also with the aluminum trim, making the AL unnecessary?

What would a pebble painted with aluminum trip split LSI be called (one pair of mine are this)? LSI BB ? birch, black is just standard black paint, right? Is there a code for the pebble paint that is now standard on the KPT series?

Michael[^]

I don't know about that price Rich. They might be rare, but I have an avg of $1000 in each pair of my LSI BG AL. I wouldn't pay any more for Birch. Even though they are way cool!

That must have been some kind of custom ordered item. Klipsch did a lot of that with the Industrial series of Heresies, just never seen it in the LSI's before.

Michael[^]

If I weren't in the middle of preparing my palatial residence for sale [;)] I'd bid up to $1,200 for those puppies, knowing full-well that I'd need to get a dynamite sub to work with them. They sure would look good.......

They are the only LSI's I have ever seen in this configuration. Which reminds me......

A while back there was an MCM system, similarly configured, for sale on eBay. It had been on eBay once before, so I emailed the seller about it. Sadly, it seems it was a scam, using the original seller's pics, and soon disappeared.

I wish that Klipsch still made the LSI's and could do custom stuff like this. Guess the bean-counters have put the nix on this.....

[:(]

These are local to me... I wish I had the room. That being said, I would be glad to help out a forum member and pick these up if you need me to. They are really cool looking.

HMM...we have a big Klipsch Sub in my church, maybe I could talk to the deacons into upgrading our sanctuary mains...I would store them for them until we found a room in the church that did them justice...[A]

Steve- thanks for the kudos- say, is there a letter code for 'split'? As in Split LSI vs LSI all-in-ones?

Does my code above make any sense or were all BG (black 'glass) units also with the aluminum trim, making the AL unnecessary?

What would a pebble painted with aluminum trip split LSI be called (one pair of mine are this)? LSI BB ? birch, black is just standard black paint, right? Is there a code for the pebble paint that is now standard on the KPT series?

Michael[^]

Mike, most of this stuff is in my head, I would need to be at work to possibly suggest LSI BG AL's meaning.....some of it makes since, some of it is hard to track down......I will have a look see Monday. You could special order cabinet finishes at one time, some documintaion is in print, some of it is in our heads[:D]

Hellooooooo Only colterphoto1 would "ruin" a perfectly beautuful pair of birch raw ones... and put veneer over them. Might as well use a old beat up pair with wood putty to use new veneer on to make em look fancier.

Please leave em as they are... That's what makes em unique.

I think the big black Klipsch logo plate, which looks perfect on a pair of Industrials, looks ridiculous on these. Obviously form the dings and scratches, this person would have been better off with a regular set of Industrials.

I agree what were they thinking those deserver some pie slices [:D]