3 Bedroom Farmhouse, What Gear is Really Coming?

Ok guys KaiserSetSay has some Industrial La Scala cabinets but no inards [:(]

Kaiser and I can bring the La Scala cabs. I can bring my A/AA BEC crossovers from my Belles.

We could have a demo on how to put a pair of La Scalas together if we can get some woofers and horns with drivers.

This would give us some horn loaded klipsch. Can anyone come up with some more La Scala parts.

They would of course be taken out of the cabinets on Saturday.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if Paul is bringing his K-Horns or LaScalla's it would just kill me to have mine together only to take them back apart[:(]

I do appreciate the thought but save room for your own gears, not saying I'm not interested in what you have Coytee but you know the old saying money talks and the BS walks and right now I'm BS at best[:o]

When I get funds together we can sure talk about drivers and flyers I mean networks[;)]

I'm confused? perhaps I missed something as I was on phone TRYING to read above when I posted what I did.

So, do we need stuff or not?

I just received Al's ES networks today in mail so they're already wrapped up & ready to bring (no taking apart for me). The K55 drivers are in Mikes hands who's returning them to me the morning we leave, so we could just toss them into car. I'd bring my JBL 2404's but I think Mike has them apart waiting the new diaphragms.

So, (and no offense take by me at all), should I bring the stuff or leave it at home? Perhaps I'll bring it since it's already apart & mobile. If it's needed great and if not, there was no harm done.

• Moderators

I could have sworn that I saw a post from Seadog, of Ft. Worth, who said he was bringing his VRDs. If so, we need to get a copy of that post in this thread. I am sure he said he is bringing his VRD's. If so, do you still want me to bring mine.

Also, way, way, way back when, the time this whole subject of a Friday night social came up, I think Trey asked if we were going to be doing something, I pledged the 1st $100.00 to go to the rental and the purchase of alcohol, beer and bourbon. Trey responded that there was some new draconion law about furnishing etoh to others and each person had to have their own bottle of bourbon or stash of beer. He was going to check into that further. I talked to a fellow DWI lawyer in Little Rock and he did not believe the law went that far. Do we need to bring in beer from Texas? Do you want me to buy it and bring it? Do I give the $100.00 to you when I get there or do you need me to get anything ahead of time?

Most improtantly, I have a brand new BAT 3ik my audio dealer dropped off yesterday for me to demo. I have it hooked up but have not tried it yet. Are you happy with your BAT? There are a number of upgrades available on the 3ik, (Super pak, super tube options) I am not sure if the 3i had those available, but if they did what if any upgrades does yours have, or that you recommend.

Travis

I could have sworn that I saw a post from Seadog, of Ft. Worth, who said he was bringing his VRDs. If so, we need to get a copy of that post in this thread. I am sure he said he is bringing his VRD's. If so, do you still want me to bring mine.

Travis,

My brother is driving in from Houston and he will be bringing his VRDs (I am bringing my modded Dynaco MKIIIs). I'm also bringing my Scott preamp and Cornwalls.

David

Excellent David[:D] look forward to seeing you again[;)]

Travis, you keep typing 3iK and the new redition of my VK-3i is the VK-3iX model which if you would like to AB that against my total stock 3i you are more than welcome. They have had all the same mods for mine as they do for the new one but I just never saw the need as my system is as clean (sound wise) as it looks to me[;)]

As for alcohol, you bring what you like and share what you want! I think the you bring your own stuff is a little far fetched as I will be bringing the Fini a couple of sweet brews and I'm sure nobdy is going to be stopping me[:o]

I moved here (Little Rock) from Dallas in 1997 and I found many a beverage shop between Dallas and Hope[;)]

So now I see we are going to have MC-30's, VRD's and MKIII's[:D][:D][:D] and I can't wait to here all of them running with my BAT VK-3i/VK-P5 with Seti Music Hall/Grado combo[:P]

Everyone bring at least a couple of your favorite albums[8-|]

Since I'm staying at the Farmhouse Friday night I'm going to have to re-*** on my DD promise to get folks back to their respective Hotels tho[:(]

Kaiser,

What time do you plan on being at the farmhouse? If there is time, I would like to drop of my speakers and gear before the 1pm Friday tour of the working plant. If I can't drop it off before the tour, I'll just have to let it cook in the hot car during the tour [:o]

BTW, how long will the Friday tour last? (Question directed at Trey)

Excellent David[:D] look forward to seeing you again[;)]

So now I see we are going to have MC-30's, VRD's and MKIII's[:D][:D][:D] and I can't wait to here all of them running with my BAT VK-3i/VK-P5 with Seti Music Hall/Grado combo[:P]

I'm really looking forward to hearing that BAT VK-3i/VK-P5 set up.

Guys. It has been mentioned the need of parts and the interests of mods.

Now I'm bringing my dbb's. I want to know what people think of how the bass bins sound.

Now, the tophat has a 511B/902-8B and JBL 2404. This top hat is the same size as a Khorn. If you are interested in mods, you can just put this top hat on top of your Khorn bins. You couldn't use your network if stock PWK. My network would work better on the fly because of the attenuator for the JBL and constant impedance for the 16 or 8 ohm driver. Or we can put your Khorn tops on my dbb's. I have already done this at home.

My HT is loaded with heritage parts but I wasn't planning on bringing this stuff. I have a total of 7 K-55v's and I could bring a pair if needed.

jc