3 Bedroom Farmhouse, What Gear is Really Coming?

Right on Bob, obviously our newest member has not seen the inflamation Bose anything causes on this forum[:o] ROTFLMAO

Finster, I would be more concerned what, when and were that single Seti is in regard to Farmers daughters[;)]

Travis, at the beginning of this thread which I started right after drooling over all the pictures from your gathering is when I stated I would be bringing my BAT pre's with both XLR and RCA ic's. I was hoping to hear them with some nice tube amps as I run a BAT VK-200 SS at home and I truly want to hear these in a full analog setup[:D]

Uh, pass me another one them thar Bose coasters would ya[:^)]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But these Bose's are the really big 8 x 6 inchers. You guys must have thought that I meant the little ones. [;)]

In reality, I had them as rear channels back in college. When I lived in San Antonio about 12 years ago, my wife supprised me and told me I could/should get some LaScalas. They were for sale by a guy whose wife was making him sell them because they were too big. So I bought the LaScalas, and then I went with him to buy a Bose surround set. I felt so sorry for the dude. It felt like we were bringing a Rolls down to the the YUGO shop for a trade in. He seemed really sad, but what can I say, I married better than he did![:P]

Also, I gather that people will be bringing their tube amps and some Khorns. I have never had a chance to hear that combo, it would be fun.

The Bose offer is still open, but I'm gathering that nobody is that thrilled about hearing them, oh well.

I know,

I obviously was not going to bring those old pieces of junk. I was merely being sarcastic ( I have a sick sense of humor). Even my wife doesn't always get it, oh well.

Seriously though, will there be any khorns that have been modded. I am wanting to make some changes to mine.

Would I be a nutcase if I thought about bringing my MC-30's?

I think I'll go home early from work today ([:D]) and see if perhaps I can construct a box or something to carry them in while protecting them from being battered up.

Don't mind bringing them but don't want to torture them either.

Since I'm not bringin the bose speakers...

If I were to bring my Khorns, would there be other gear to hook them up to. They have not had any mods added to them. It might give a chance to hear diff. types of Khorns.

I don't know if there will be any room in the farmhouse for extra stuff or not.

Let me know, Paul

Since I'm not bringin the bose speakers...

If I were to bring my Khorns, would there be other gear to hook them up to. They have not had any mods added to them. It might give a chance to hear diff. types of Khorns.

I don't know if there will be any room in the farmhouse for extra stuff or not.

Let me know, Paul

There are three rooms. Depending on room layout, there could be as many as 12 useable corners.

tc

I am bringing my Scott 130 preamp (NOSValves rebuild) and a pair of modded Dynaco MK3s (twin triode front end). I'm also bringing my Thorens TT and a pair of Heresys (gotta have road trip speakers).

My brother is bringing his VRDs and a Pioneer Elite CD/SACD player.

It appears we will have some good electronics, but I haven't seen where anyone is bringing big Heritage (Cornwalls or Lascalas or Khorns). It would be a real shame to have 3 or 4 pairs of Heresys show up with no big Heritage.

Note to Me Loves Khorns: BRING YOUR KHORNS [:D]

I am bringing my Scott 130 preamp (NOSValves rebuild) and a pair of modded Dynaco MK3s (twin triode front end). I'm also bringing my Thorens TT and a pair of Heresys (gotta have road trip speakers).

My brother is bringing his VRDs and a Pioneer Elite CD/SACD player.

It appears we will have some good electronics, but I haven't seen where anyone is bringing big Heritage (Cornwalls or Lascalas or Khorns). It would be a real shame to have 3 or 4 pairs of Heresys show up with no big Heritage.

Note to Me Loves Khorns: BRING YOUR KHORNS [:D]

....... "(gotta have road trip speakers)"........

SDog,

Heard Dat! My roady H2's will be hooked up in the back seat for the drive, moved to the room and can stay there if not needed. Agreed, what we do need is Cornerhorns, LaS, and CW's. Would a Chorus be out of line? I would wager that the majority of Heritage fans have little or no time with the Bell Klipsch.

CU Soon,

Terry

Edit/PS: I would also wager that we could collect enough $$ to pay shipping both ways for pCats if someone were willing to let us audition a pair. I wouldn't mention a name,but his initials are Mark.[;)]

Hey guys, I could bring my Khorns and/or LaScalas if you guys wanted me to.

They are all original. I am just starting to think about what mods I may want to do.[:|]

Let me know if there is an interest, and I can bring them up to hook up.[8]

I have a huge vehicle, and could still possibly squeeze in the Bose's (JUST KIDDING - AGAIN)!@#$%^&[:P]

Haulin' with the Horns,[au]

Pablo[H]

PS, DWI LAWYER FROM AUSTIN, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT CARPOOLING

Hey guys, I could bring my Khorns and/or LaScalas if you guys wanted me to.

They are all original. I am just starting to think about what mods I may want to do.[:|]

Let me know if there is an interest, and I can bring them up to hook up.[8]

Bring 'em on!

Whereas Bob doesn't charge for a "quick sniff," the demand for photos of him sniffing people's gear has gotten so out of hand that I must charge a nominal fee for snapshots. I do have packages I can put together if you'd like your whole system smelled.

fini, exclusive photographer of Sniffin' Bob

Would I be a nutcase if I thought about bringing my MC-30's?

I think I'll go home early from work today ([:D]) and see if perhaps I can construct a box or something to carry them in while protecting them from being battered up.

Don't mind bringing them but don't want to torture them either.

Bring them : ) Pack them well : )

Just so it's known... unless something (negative) happens otherwise, I am planning on bringing my two MC-30's. I've got a two coolers that will hold one each and allow me to pad with some towels...

Now for the first person who goes and dumps a bag of ice & warm beer cans in these coolers whilest my MC's are in there...