HEATWAVE

BigStewMan

OK, it's 10:45 p.m. and the temp has cooled to 75 degrees.

This past sunday-tuesday I was in Las Vegas, first time I was in 107 degrees and raining! while driving home I stopped for some food in a small town called Baker, California. What is billed as the World's Largest Thermometer was reading 116 degrees! I think I saw the devil.

I'm hearing on the news that much of the country is experiencing a heatwave as well.

stay cool folks!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While driving home I stopped for some food in a small town called Baker, California. What is billed as the World's Largest Thermometer was reading 116 degrees! I think I saw the devil.

Yeah, I thought I saw you at the Starbucks drive thru in Baker on Tuesday?

I've travelled to a few of the nearby states and Colorado a couple times and it was a really enjoyable experience.

Is there any state that provides a comfortable year round temperature? Something below 80 and above 50 would be my ideal working temperature since a lot of my work involves being outside.

It's a good thing for us that we're headed for the "north country" (up around Fargo, ND in Detroit Lakes for the 10KLF festival).....mid 90's over the next couple of days, but then moderating to an 80ish degree high by midweek, then holding for the rest of the week. Ideal weather for a music fest if I do say so myself[:D]

Come on guys, it's summertime and living is easy.................Certainly beats the Snow and Ice.........and heating bills, and cold, cold weather............Enjoy, it doesn't last that long up here in the NorthEast.................."there ain't no cure for the Summertime Blues"....................

Come on guys, it's summertime and living is easy.................Certainly beats the Snow and Ice.........and heating bills, and cold, cold weather............Enjoy, it doesn't last that long up here in the NorthEast.................."there ain't no cure for the Summertime Blues"....................

amen to that..... When going to RPI (Albany NY) it was 85 degrees the first week of september and by the first week of october it was a paltry 45 at nights....

I've travelled to a few of the nearby states and Colorado a couple times and it was a really enjoyable experience.

Is there any state that provides a comfortable year round temperature? Something below 80 and above 50 would be my ideal working temperature since a lot of my work involves being outside.

Coastal San Diego......best climate in the US

It's 100 degrees in southern I.N. That's hot in the Ohio Valley where it's like standing in hot water.My wife wanted to go to a parade,hey."..I love a parade" as much as the next guy but it's toooo hot for me.Compared to much of the world I still feel very lucky the heats my biggest issue,today. Stay Cool,really.

It's 93º here, but only 31% RH. Water temperature (around the SF bay area) is a chilly 54º, which is the source of our summer fog (when we get the innevitable on-shore flow). Interesting that the water is colder here than further north or south (caused by "cold water up-welling", which also brings rich nutrients to the surface for all those cool sea creatures to nibble on!).

Well in the Netherlands we have a heatwave as well and we've had it for weeks now! This is very unusual, even suspicious. Over 95 degrees F!!! The polar caps!!! The warriors in the Tour de France are dying! Crops wasted. Water shortage! I'm loving it! Keep that CO2 coming guys! [;)] Reminds me of my time in San Diego where I stayed for almost a year. We hiked down Pine Creek. Scorching heat, praying for the sun to go down. I've never felt so hot in my life. The sun went down and we layed ourselves down in our sleeping bags. Two hours later we were praying for the sun to come up. There was ice on our sleeping bags! [:o] I've never felt so cold before in my life. The sun came up, one hour later we were praying that we would just make it to the meeting point, go home and sleep in the shade. I slept for 17 hours. Sigh, the good old times...

It's 93º here, but only 31% RH. Water temperature (around the SF bay area) is a chilly 54º, which is the source of our summer fog (when we get the innevitable on-shore flow). Interesting that the water is colder here than further north or south (caused by "cold water up-welling", which also brings rich nutrients to the surface for all those cool sea creatures to nibble on!).

Fini ,

Whats also interesting is that here in SC , "South Carolina" , the water temp will actually get colder in the winter than in Northern California . Mid 40's . Yet before the summer is over it will be in the high 80's .

Pretty fun , small , glassy surf today .

http://www.oceansurfshop.com/surfreport.html