Picture Thread: Exotic Original Veneers/Heritage Rarities...

Chris Elm

Johnyholiday,

I am having a set of Karlson K15 cabinets made right now.

What drivers are in yours?

I have heard Karlsons with 15" Tannoys (don't remember the model) and the most unique aspect of them was their ability to NOT distort at very high sound levels. I also heard the same pair of cabinets with 15TRXB drivers. No where as nice as the Tannoys but still not distortion.

I have purchased EV 15TRXs to start off with.

How do you like yours?

My speaker quest continues on. That's why I love this hobby. I'll probably never get to audio Nirvana. I really don't care. I'm enjoying the ride.

"freddyi" username on the forum, is the upmost expert on Karlsons,in

another thread perhaps you could peak his interest, mine too {he has

charts}

Actually I was looking for your listening impressions and the type of drivers in your cabinets.

I am not interested in charts.

I have spent a little time on the Karlson homepage and posed a similar

question and got very little response/help. Besides, it looks as if the

forum has been down for some time now.

At any rate, I'm committed to finish this project so this was more of a

curiosity on my part having seen the picture of your Karlsons

here.

All these pics are great, but why is no one emailing them to me for use on our website? Do you not want them on there?

I thought you said you needed pictures where you had "blanks". As far as I can tell, you have a picture for all of these models shown in this thread so far.

Last known whereabouts Sante Fe New Mexico

seti,

Thanks for posting the pic from you avatar. I didn't know what it was, still don't really comprehend the Santa Fe horn. Could you say more about that. What kind of size and scale is this rascal?

Last known whereabouts Sante Fe New Mexico

seti,

Thanks for posting the pic from you avatar. I didn't know what it was, still don't really comprehend the Santa Fe horn. Could you say more about that. What kind of size and scale is this rascal?

I saw the pic in the Klipsch factory museum in 2004 and snapped the best pic I could of it as I thought it was really cool. I asked I think mr Hunter and I can't quote him on this as I don't remember exactly what he said but it was a customer modified Khorn. Its last known location was in Sante Fe and I just called it that for lack of a better word. I thought it was a Scandanavian design but boy was I wrong. To me it looks like the just put a nice shell around a khorn bass bin and made a beautiful hf cabinet as well. I thought it was an amazing art deco modern art khorn.

• Like 1

Being a newbie to the world of Klipsch; I truly had no idea of the variety of Klipsch finishes or that there was this secret underground cult following. I say this only after realizing I am under its spell and destined for a life of seeking that ultimate Klipsch system and speaker find.