What's the worst movie you ever saw, and why?

IndyKlipschFan

• Moderators

Interesting topic! Could you expand a bit on what criteria do you want to see? There's a big difference from movies that are destined to be bad (like Grease II) and movies that are trying really hard to be great but fail miserably (like Waterworld)...

I've got 2 that are pretty much tied.

1) Time Bandits. Sean Connery was billed as the main actor, so I thought it'd be worth watching. Bad Idea. He must have owed someone a favor, as he was in this terrible movie for a whopping 20 secs. I guess it was supposed to be a kids movie, but it was REALLY bad.

2) Blair Witch. Only time in my life I've fallen asleep in a theatre.

• Like 1

How are you supposed to answer this? There are just to many candidates even if you only take the releases from this year. So i will go for........anything with Adam Sandler in it, Why?.... Adam Sandler is in it. Hey that was easier than i thought.

A close second would be anything with Will Farrell(hope i spelt that right), and for the same reason.

Skidoo

Jackie Gleason - ex-mobster takes acid in prison and freaks out while he is supposed to be killing someone for God

Carol Channing - Jackie Gleasons wife she sings too much and invites a bunch of hippies to live in their mansion.

Groucho Marx - this was his last movie of his career he plays God the head mobster but has traded his cigar in for doobies. in this film he is clearly reading from cue cards and also sails off in the sunset as a hippie guru instead of a head mobster

Frankie Avalon Cesar Romero toomany has beens to list.......

oh god was this baddd......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skidoo_(film)

No wait I saw a movie much worse than Skidoo called Myra Breckenridge...

Brother if you thought Time Bandits was a bad movie have I got some movies for you to see to help you redifine BAD MOVIE.....

Myra Breckinridge, 1970. Directed by Michael Sarne. Raquel Welch, Rex Reed, John Huston, Andy Devine, Jim Backus, Tom Selleck, Farrah Fawcett, Mae West.

Mae West actually has a big seen where she raps with a soul band supporting her EEEK.

Myron Breckinridge (film critic Rex Reed) travels to Europe to undergo a sex change and comes back to America as the sexy, man-hating Myra (Raquel Welch). Look fast for Tom Selleck and Farrah Fawcett in small roles.

Myra Breckenridge is another famed faux pas of filmdom. This jewel even has it's own web page now and a cult following due to it's recent cable re-release.

A gay movie buff named Myron Breckenridge (Rex Reed) goes to Copenhagen to get a sex change and comes out Myra Breckenridge(Raquel Welch!). He/she continues on to her Uncle Buck (John Huston) Loner's academy of the arts in Hollywood.

The goal is to shake down Uncle Buck for half a million bucks. While at the academy Myra Breckenridge meets a handsome couple (Roger Heron and Farrah Fawcett) and decides to seduce both of them. A lecherous talent scout (Mae West in her first film role since 1943!) named Leticia Van Allen stalks the academy for studs and is good for a few wise cracks. "I'm going to start my own boy bank where my credit is always good.......sort of a lay-a-day plan."

There are two West musical numbers and a wild rape scene in which Raquel straps Roger Heron to a surgical table and lets him have it with a well you'd have to see it to believe it. There's also a scene with Raquel and Farrah in bed together but Farrah is being a prude and stops Rocky from grabbing her.

This was like watching a very slow strange train wreck..... netflix if you dare ... very scary

Alexander

Absolutely horrible in every regard. As much as I wanted to stop watching, I kept going, desperate to find some redeeming quality for the film. I did not.

Ancient greeks speaking in Irish, Scottish and Russian accents. A story that was impossible to follow and lacked any compelling reason to do so. Disjointed scenes. Wacky transitions between scenes like it was made by somebody playing around with the editing features on their new camcorder. The entire thing was a trainwreck.

• Moderators

One that I couldn't last 20 min was Joy Luck Club. My wife liked it and if she reads this she will not agree. sucked every time I say that she makes a face at me.

Can't remember any other names but their were a few.

My son in law would rent some of the strangest movies. I think he just looked at the cover and went with anything.

Oh yea some movie about 2 weed heads standing outside a convenience store, I watched it but it was stupid.

I think most movies suck. Really. Mostly stuff is predictable crap, not at all inventive or interesting. Moulin Rouge I didn't care for. I think I like the Star Wars movies, but I have fallen asleep every time I've been to a showing, either at the theater or in the home. There's always this lull after an exciting scene. That seems to be my cue.

For me, thats a toss up between:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Manos: The Hands of Fate

&

The Incredibly Stange Creatures That Stopped Living And Became Mixed-Up Zombies

Normally I watch Asian films, and its rare for find a bad one there, but I was very disappointed with Oldboy. A lot of people and critics like that one, but my girlfriend and I must be a very few that didnt. Also it gets to me that hollywood copies/plagiaries Asian films, and passes them off as their own. That new one called Pulse is a copy of a Japanese film Kairo, and Leonardo's new film, The Departed, is a plagiarized version of Hong Kong's Infernal Affairs 1. Sorry, I dont mean to take over this topic, it is just my major rant on hollywood.

Funny you ask. I just saw the movie "Gerry" today. The absolute worst movie ever made. There is actually a scene in the movie where they show Matt Damon and Casey Affleck just walking in the desert for about 7-8 minutes. Please someone watch this movie so you know what a horrible movie is. Another movie i can't stand is "Four Brothers". I could go on, but these are the two that stick out the most.......

I'll check out Gerry if you check out Alexander. Before you agree, please realize that Alexander is 3 hours.

Funny you ask. I just saw the movie "Gerry" today. The absolute worst movie ever made. There is actually a scene in the movie where they show Matt Damon and Casey Affleck just walking in the desert for about 7-8 minutes. Please someone watch this movie so you know what a horrible movie is. Another movie i can't stand is "Four Brothers". I could go on, but these are the two that stick out the most.......