Pink Floyd.......Me too.

oldbuckster

Much like Steve in the Cream Video thread, I found myself moved this morning by Pink Floyd's the Pulse.............What a piece of Music that second disc is......Unbelievable....I'm not saying disc one isn't, it was the drink before dinner, a table setter for disc 2,if you will, and the second disc delivers.........WOW.....I can waste alot of words, but WOW does it.....David Gilmore is the man........Great Job on his part.......the Big Dog.....a true Fender Bender......tastefully done.......the whole band...PRO's.....that's what it's all about. Great Show.....Great Music....Great Lights...."I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON"...................

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldbuckster

you are absolutely correct!! I bought the DVD a couple of weeks ago, seeing a review posted here on the BB..I didn't even know it existed until then (great thing this forum) but I have had the CD since it came out many years ago.

I agree, the Dark Side of the Moon disc (2) is amazing! Sure was nice to see it performed in it's entirety! The only thing I wish, is that Roger Waters was still there..after all, he wrote all the lyrics. However, Gilmour does do a good job of carrying on! Now I guess I need to watch disc 1!!

Steve

I have nothing bad to say about Roger Waters, I really don't, I just don't see how it would have been any better than what was presented on those disc's with out him there. He is missing out, not the Band. Great production by Dave Mallet.............the Pulse is what a Concert DVD is all about...................Pink Floyd is safe in David Gilmore's hands.......

Oldbuckster,

So, you'd recommend this DVD?

What a quandry he's in... I told him to buy it and if he didn't like it I'd reimburse him.

He can't very well recommend it AND expect me to reimburse him??

(snicker)... Well Buckster... You're now in between the proverbial rock & hard spot eh?

[6]

Oldbuckster,

So, you'd recommend this DVD?

What a quandry he's in... I told him to buy it and if he didn't like it I'd reimburse him.

He can't very well recommend it AND expect me to reimburse him??

(snicker)... Well Buckster... You're now in between the proverbial rock & hard spot eh?

[6]

Story of my life................DOUBLE THUMBS UP.........Great Show.......[:D]

I got to see them twice, indoors and outdoors.. I doubt they will tour again, unless they decide to break new ground and come out with a new album. So enjoy the DVD as the next best thing, they do bring the memories back. Oldbuckster might enjoy seeing the clinic David Gilmour put on recently for the 50th anniversary of the Fender Stratocaster,

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3063378580122948234

I certainly don't mean to de-rail this thread, but has anyone seen a recently aired show / concert called the Australian Pink Floyd Concert? It was on PBS while they were soliciting for donations. I've seen it on twice.

Kind of like "poor man's" PF, done by a very competent cover band. If you saw it you know what I mean. Very good.

By the way....I have Pulse, and yeah....it's the bomb.

The great thing about the Pulse DVD for me is that I saw that tour, live. From floor seats in the arena. It was spectacular. Absolutely brilliant sound and lighting. The set list, the pace, just awesome. Some guy jumped from the balcony at the arena, apparently 'learning to fly'.

Michael