Look what went thru airport security in my carry on!!!

customsteve01

I bought new caps for my La Scalas from Bob at the Pilgramage. We had a brief discution as to if he thought they could go thru security or not, I mean they do kinda look like something else.

Well I decided whats the worst that could happen, so I thru them in my carry on bag and stuck it thru the x-ray machine. It went thru and there were no questions ask at all.

When I got home I opened up the bag and took this picture. Maybe they look different in the x-ray.

post-16814-1381931064821_thumb.jpg

I sold a pair new type E crossovers to a Russian diplomat once. He could not get them on Aeroflot for the trip back to Moscow until I wrote a letter to go with them explaining what all the parts were and what the function of the device was. I had to write it on paper with my business letterhead and send it to him.

Bob Crites

Most newer airport xrays check for substance not looks. Many newer Xrays check on known exposive substances and flag them if they xray something and it looks like something known. That is why reporters all the time make fake looking bombs without the explosives and report that they can get through security and blah blah blah. They mapped or scanned most known explosives and verify that way. If every suspicious electronics was flagged anyone with a cellphone or ipod would be flagged.

Hmmm...

I don't think x-rays are going to detect explosives like that. C4 and Fimo modelling clay are going to look pretty much the same if they have the same density. I do know, though, that many big airports have explosive detectors that sniff the air and detect certain kinds of molecules. Maybe that is what you are thinking of? FWIW the TSA wants to get rid of them. Maybe too many false alarms?

I bet you wouldn't get those capacitors by ElAl without a close look...

Hmmm...

I don't think x-rays are going to detect explosives like that. C4 and Fimo modelling clay are going to look pretty much the same if they have the same density. I do know, though, that many big airports have explosive detectors that sniff the air and detect certain kinds of molecules. Maybe that is what you are thinking of? FWIW the TSA wants to get rid of them. Maybe too many false alarms?

I bet you wouldn't get those capacitors by ElAl without a close look...

The air molecule ones are 10 million dollars + Plus if I went to the fireing range yesterday or stuff I would fail.......

C4 density is different from model clay. Also its pretty much known and horrible but if you are a clean shaven, white decent looking person you will go by no problems.....

Has anyone done a security check on Bob? He's distributing these

suspicious devices throughout the world (heck, even I have a

pair)! He might have some remote control device (listening,

Mark?), just waiting for the right time to detonate these so-called

"crossovers." I mean, the guy was a DJ, ferchrissakes.