Best Show on TV?

Ray Garrison

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there will never be another Johnny .

True, but if you add Leno and Letterman together, the sum is almost equal to the talent of Carson's little finger.

Letterman was great in the 80's. Edgy and novel. He was doing things that nobody had ever seen on TV and was the Howard Stern of TV. Then he went into the 11:30 slot and became the "famiy friendly" sanitized garbage you see now.

How many of us watch on an all-tube TV? My guess is none.

Not since college. We found a b&w on the curb, replaced a tube, then watched Star Trek in b&w almost every night. A local station was airing the episodes in the order they originally aired. Perhaps because of that I still think it's weird to see it in color.

• Moderators

Twilight Zone

A local start up chanel played the Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock during prime time. Best prime time that I have seen in years. Watched the entire two hours.

I always watch the Twilight Zone marathons they do on Sci-Fi once in a while. They also run them at 1 and 1:30 am, but that's too late for me, but I'll catch it occasionally on a bad night!

Sorry, but no one can compare to Johnny to me. Even Leno and Letterman combined.

House is total crap, and after watching a couple of episodes, old boring total crap. A crabby doctor--how many times has that been done before? A doctor who is a genius at diagnosing ailments--when hasn't that been done before?

YAAAAAWN

Marcus Welby M.D..........................Johnny Carson WAS Late Night TV....the BEST there ever was or will be..........Right up there with Walter Cronkite.....[:D].....

So sorry....must have stumbled in here by mistake....thought I was in an Audio Forum??? [:^)]

Mr. Garrison may post any topic in any forum. You, on the other hand, must stick to audio subjects. Don't worry! In seven years you will have the same privilege!!

Good one...guess I was out of line. But just think...in only seven years I'll be permitted to discuss Entertainment Tonight and other 'celebrity' and current events with all of you experts. And here I was thinking giving up the TV for music would make me smarter...silly me...[:o]

House is total crap, and after watching a couple of episodes, old boring total crap. A crabby doctor--how many times has that been done before? A doctor who is a genius at diagnosing ailments--when hasn't that been done before?

YAAAAAWN

On this the Parrot and I agree.

The only thing I like about House is that the incredibly gifted Hugh Laurie is getting a VERY nice payday. I figure it makes up for him not making any serious money for the great work he did in the Fry and Laurie, Black Adder and Jeeves and Wooster shows.

Sweet post Fini, I too watched the Captian and Mr. Green Jeans religiously as a child and I'm gaining on you I think 10/28/56[;)]

Ping Pong Anyone[:P]

I watched Captain Kangaroo too, but I was always dissapointed that he wasn't really a captain or a kangaroo and that the Treasure House just had carrots and ping pong balls and no treasure.

Twilight Zone

The Twilight Zone was one my favorites. I also liked Rod Serlings Night Gallery. Another favorite was the Dick Van Dyke Show. Loved Laura Petrie in her Capris.

An interesting side note is that my mother went to high school and was good friends with Rod Serling and Dick Deacon. Rod Serling was a little more well known that Dick Deacon who Played Manny the producer of the Allan Brady Show. You know the bald guy who Maury always hassled.

Other favorite shows include

Wanted Dead or Alive

Gunsmoke

Leave it to Beaver

The Phil Silvers Show

The Honeymooners

I Love Lucy

Outer Limits

Columbo

Sienfeld

Sopranos

Curb