2007 Pilgrimage Ideas

Trey asked that we start thinking about what kind of activities and events we'd like to see at the 2007 Pilgrimage. I think we are assuming it will be in Indy this year again?

(Before you ask, Free K-horn giveaway is not an "activity")

One thing that has come up is a room treatment clinic of some kind, possibly with before and after listening tests.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the HUGE Heritage HT, do that again...

Personally I would love to hear a proper HT reference system, the THX one..and a synergy one.. so all 4 hahahah maybe I am dreaming..

A good 5.1 system and a good 7.1 too. Aurelex is in Indy.. maybe they can do a co demo too with klipsch? I think they have the THX system here at their showroom?

I would also ask Trey how can we help Klipsch as well.

Can we do a blind test to something your looking at or thinking of ?

Please let us hear the corner subs...??

Friday night should be a swap meet/ mixer/ laid back night as it always is.. My suggestion, no offense, but get out of that room for satuday evening go listen to some live music (No poetry lady) and have fun with the other klipsch fans there... Personally we should of shut it (the listening room) down in Hope, Arkansas Saturday, and many people would have loved the bands, if you gave them a chance. (Pail was awesome.. the just happened to be first..) The givaways... I would tell people what they are saturday am at the tour but not give em away till later... That was an awesome experience to see people get some cool gear, we ALL should be a part of that, at the dinner.. Not at the dinner... no prize.

I know two houses of Klipch that might be open to host suggestions for a later Saturday night. Colterphoto1 and I are only 20- 30 min tops apart... I have a big house, (not so sure how many people I can stuff in here...and most of you are good friends anyhow.. new and old..) I have no idea where to put a circus tent here... then again, if we get some live music.. if it really gets to that level, why not?? We will / can make room! I know some awesome bands here too. Zanna Doo would ROCK hahahaha. (OK, she is hot too.)

IndyKlipschFan out... and already excited for next year! I hope it is back in Indy.

Is it in Indy this year?

I really enjoyed the double blind listening tests we did last time. And

I'm always up for hearing some live music (as long as it doesn't cost

an arm and a leg). A trip by Colter's museum and Indy's underground lab

need to be on the itinerary as well.

It would also be extremely cool if we could get a comparison test

between Roy's version of the home Jubilee and the K-Horn. Mayeb get

Mark Kauffman on the project so we can hear the best of both (fancy

electronics, fancy room, fancy music, etc etc...). [;)]

I've heard mention that Klipsch has been employing hearing tests along

with their subjective analysis sessions - it would be real cool to have

our hearing tested - maybe even participate in one of these comparison

tests too (which might even be useful to Klipsch). Y'all go way

overboard all the time so it'd be cool if we could give back in some

way or another.

I also like the room treatment "seminar" idea as well. I had no idea

that Auralex was in the area so perhaps we can go do something there as

part of the "mixer" if Klipsch is unable to do it.

• Moderators

I think Hope is klipsch also, but would also be very happy to go to Indy.

Whatever they have is great with me, Klipsch always does it right , so I don't care.

It would be nice if a date could be picked far enough ahead of time so others can plan ahead, for me a few weeks notice is fine, always ready.

Maybe I can relax this time, Indy I did get nervous last time and took a while to calm down. [:o]

In Hope by the time I relaxed they gave me a pair of speakers and raised my blood pressure all over again.

NOT complaning though ![<:o)]

Dtel, you and the misses great people.. I was soo excited for you to be honest too. Wonderful to see the "LIGHT GO ON" when someone finally gets it.. hahahahaha

Just chill....... hahhahahahahahaha

Indy is an awesome place. Lots to see and do here.. great people, wonderful facilities, we would love to be a small part of it all somehow!!

We did a real movie theater tour here loaded with Klipsch it was awesome sat am before everything at Indy a few yrs ago.. Seriously, to go upstairs of the united artists theater see how movies are loaded in.. hear a demo in 2-3 theaters.. they fed us bagels coffee and some cool posters... great managers and people too was a huge treat for me.. (We all got free passes to go see a movie as well. THAT was cool!!)

Sorry I forgot to add this before.. it was awesome!!!

• Moderators

Thanks Indy I did take your advice and a few Abita beers to finely calm down.

Hope is a lot easier for us, But I've been there twice in the last six months, and the second time I got to visit the warehouse/shipping building.[:D]

Indianapolis would be fun ! This time I will relax before we get to town.[ap]

Indy has a very similar lab + a lot more cool toys and test equipment. The majority of the engineering happens in Indy where I think Hope is limited to just the pro cinema? Indy also has multiple acoustically treated listening rooms and I forget what else - it was definetly a very packed trip. I think the only things Hope has that Indy doesn't is the museum and the manufacturing plant. Having been to both only once I can't say I'd choose either as a favorite. Indy definetly has a much better "night life" though (like restraunts are open after 8pm) [;)]

We should definately pursue the auralex thing. Give them a bare room with a system in it, etc. We'd need to think of a way to very quickly set up/tear down treatments so we can do multiple groups like past years. The ability to do these tests is definately a plus of having it in Indy.

In my opinion, you haven't taken in the full sense of what Klipsch is really all about until you have experienced BOTH Hope and Indy. You have two, diverse and entirely different sets of people that all work together via long-distance to accomplish a common goal. You owe it to both, yourself and to the folks at Indy to take the opportunity to meet them, experience what they do and to pay your respects and give thanks for their efforts as they are just as important and as hard-working as the wonderful people in Hope. Again, this is just my opinion. You need one to have the other and vice-versa.

-Glenn

• Moderators

In my opinion, you haven't taken in the full sense of what Klipsch is really all about until you have experienced BOTH Hope and Indy. You have two, diverse and entirely different sets of people that all work together via long-distance to accomplish a common goal. You owe it to both, yourself and to the folks at Indy to take the opportunity to meet them, experience what they do and to pay your respects and give thanks for their efforts as they are just as important and as hard-working as the wonderful people in Hope. Again, this is just my opinion. You need one to have the other and vice-versa.

-Glenn

Well said, Picky! Plus if it's in Indy, I'll be able to attend [;)]

• Moderators

-Glenn

Well said, Picky! Plus if it's in Indy, I'll be able to attend [;)]

It would be like the teacher taking her class on a field trip.

Amy you may need new batteries for that cattle prod to keep everyone in line, you wouldn't want your students to make you look bad in front of the principal.

You know how kids are the larger the group the more they cut up, good luck.

But the teacher always knows who are the " trouble " kids !

I agree with the both places (Indy and Hope) offer a different perspective too. We got to see things in Hope, as I understand it, as no tour had ever done before. They didn't know what to expect of us... And I think we really touched some of the employees with longer term service to how much we appreciate them too. I mean really, think about it... They make speakers.. some would say in the middle of no where.. And people from all over the country, come to visit them to see how they are made, and to thank them too. At their expense too.

Personally, my opinion... Paul would of been proud, and freaked out too.. hahahaha

The true joy is meeting all of you guys and some gals too. It's like you find long lost family.. Sometimes a few dysfunctional even, but we all tend to get along in the long run!

Long live Klipsch!

I enjoyed the Sub demos a few years back.

I enjoyed the Heritage HT in the conf room too.

Maybe one of us could bring in a high end Lexicon processor.

Maybe have a few of us bring our custom centers and put them in the chamber? Show them to others for inspiration?

I also enjoy the nightlife in Indy[:)] Nothing like hanging out with Craig, Paul Parott, Damon, gonzip and Piranah till 4:30 in the morning.

JM

lol Trey!

I'm always up for "HOW TO's"

Ya know....a ton of people have been wanting dedicated "heritage"

timbre matched center channels for a while now. How bout a "How to" on

building one? Make it a forum special kind of thing where you guys

engineer one and then go back and show us how it was built. It'd make a

great prize gift and the rest of us can run off and go build our own

(since it's prob not profitable for you guys to do a large production

run). Don't have the man hours? I know someone that would be interested

in helping [A][;)]

It would also be cool to run anyone's custom projects through the

chamber and go through a standard set of tests. I think Gil would love

to drop his modified Jubilee bass bin in the chamber, for example.

Measuring the custom centers would be fun too. I personally would like

to see some measurements of old speakers compared to the new ones -

perhaps even show what it takes to bring them back up to "spec".

The audibility of time-alignment would be a fun one too. How bout some

exotic testing, like super fancy wire versus unbent hangers? Or how

bout wooden volume knobs? heh heh heh [;)]

It would be nice if a date could be picked far enough ahead of time so others can plan ahead, for me a few weeks notice is fine, always ready.

Well, I can already tell you that June 16th is already out for me! Just found out a family reunion is going to be planned for that date, which will necessitate a trip to Wisconsin for me (first time I've been up that way since 1999!).

Steve

If the pilgrimage is not that weekend, you should find some time to head over to the Milwaukee area and visit Boomac, Damon and me[:)]

It's only about an hour drive from Beloit to Milw.

Mike, after hearing those H3's last summer, I am thinking a pair of those sweet K28 woofers needs to be put in my Heritage Center. HMMMMMMM.

JM