2007 Pilgrimage Ideas

Ya, those new H3's were unreal! I think they were the best voiced of the bunch actually (or maybe they just melded the best to that wierd room we were in). I think they'd sound awesome in your center configuration.

Steve, you should totally swing by Chicago too - or maybe I'll swing up to Wisconsin to meet up with you (perhaps we have a tentative date for cheesefest now?). We have totally gotta hit the local venues and rock it up a notch or two [H]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE pick a date as soon as humanly possible so those who must plan well in advance can attend.

I've missed both last year in Hope due to date change and the last Indy trip because of conflicts with June weddings. I'll gladly turn a bride away if I know what weekend the Pilgrimage will be. I would suspect others have work and family plans that need to be scheduled as well.

Michael

• Moderators

I will be lobbying for the weekend of June 22/23, 2007. That's smack dab between Indy 500 and Brickyard 400, and the weekend after Father's Day.

This is no way set in stone yet--we will have to check with HR to discuss any other Klipsch events that may fall on that weekend, and also get with "key people" that we know you will want to attend (such as Jim Hunter, primarily!).

That's what I have in mind for now, though.

I will be lobbying for the weekend of June 22/23, 2007. That's smack dab between Indy 500 and Brickyard 400, and the weekend after Father's Day.

This is no way set in stone yet--we will have to check with HR to discuss any other Klipsch events that may fall on that weekend, and also get with "key people" that we know you will want to attend (such as Jim Hunter, primarily!).

That's what I have in mind for now, though.

The weekend of June 22/23 would be so awesome for me! Since there is a good (seems pretty damn certain at this point) that I'll be attending a family reunion that is in the planning stages on the 16th, and I'll be up in Wisconsin anyway, I'll just take that entire week off from work. Most likely, I'll be road-tripping this one and tent-camping across this eastern half of the US (ugh - the thought of driving from Fredericksburg all the way to friggan Wisconsin [:'(]). I'll spend that weekend of the 16th visiting family, maybe spend a day or two at the Dells (I've always wanted to check out that kick-*** roller coaster up there), as well as perhaps spend a day visiting J.M., Boomac, etc. I would not mind coming the day or two before heading to Indy for the Pilgramage and "caravan" down with you guys. Since I have to go through Chicago to get to Wisconsin (I may be in both Beloit, and Hayward - the family reunion is going to take place at my aunt and uncle's farm in Hayward), I would not mind dropping in for a visit (or even parhaps an overnight) to Dr. Who.

I guess I better start saving up that vacation, as I may need a good 2 weeks worth to pull this all off (and damn sure my car is in good working order)!

Wow a room treatment clinic would be great. Unfortunately I have to take a pass on the 2007 pilgrimage. Promised the little Mrs. I'd take her to Hawaii and with her being a teacher in addition to a summer school principal it is an either or type of thing. But I wholly recommend to anyone who is thinking about attending one of these events, who has not yet done so, to do so. They are an absolute blast. Just another reason why Klipsch deserves the loyalty they get. But take plenty o pics and notes especially on the room treatment demos/clinics.

I am in for Indy, June 22-23. My wifes B-day is the 23rd. Hell, I might even bring the old hide! Be warned in advance. She has listened to this old PWK stuff (Khorns, LaS, CW's and Mod-H) for,....hummmm,.....35 years or so. If you look up "golden- ear" in your dictionary .....her picture is next to it. If the sound is not right, SHE will be the first to speak up and tell you what is wrong. Gulp! I don't take her to many audio events for the above reasons. If we come to Indy,..........well, thats another use for duct tape......[:D]

Yes!!!, to a room treatment clinic. Lynn can discuss color and fabric with the other girls.[;)]

Terry

Since it's going to be summer, I'd like to suggest one area that seems to get ignored: How about an outdoor speaker clinic off the back of the building? I know you already have a couple of them hung up back there.

All those ideas sound great.[:D]

(DON'T WORRY, I AM NOT GOING TO SARCASTICALLY ASK ABOUT A CLINIC INVOLVING TRIAMPING BOSE ACCOUSTIMASS HEADPHONES. would be an interesting challenge though)[6]

At the risk of starting WW III, would it be possible to do some A/B testing of several things just for fun. Interconnects, speaker wires, etc.

And, I for one have not heard the Ionovac. We could bring one there. Do some testing, wrestling, etc. Could be fun....

[6]Sorry, couldn't help it, I'll behave...

Looking forward to it in Indy,

Paul

Well, everything looks good so far.......it looks like it's in Indy (more summer-schedule friendly from here) and a date is being set early, it appears - so maybe I will finally get to make one of these after almost five years on this forum[:)] Now let's "hope[;)]" no major must see concert festivals/tours are happening that weekend that will force me to not go! My luck with summer schedules and the pilgrimage is terrible, as summer concert season sucks up most of my available vacation time during summer - but I really do want to do this. The pilgrimage being in Indy helps me a LOT.

So Indy. This sounds nice. Never been there.

I think the room treatment A/B is a great idea as I need to be thoroughly educated on it.

Would like to hear some A/B of the reference vs the heritage.

I guess it would be too much to ask about hearing some pro stuff. Maybe this should be in Hope.

Trey. I want to apologize for something from Hope this past year. I am terrified of setting up big outdoor tents. I have seen bad things happen. I've seen some bad stuff come in the ER from tent setups. I watched you and some others putting that tent up and it made me nervous just to watch. I at one time I saw a big "rafter" or support beam being lifted by a mini Bulldozer and it looked to be unstable. Maybe I'm messed up in the head and have developed a phobia.

My wife and I are having an outdoor party at the end of this month and she wants a big tent. I am paying to have it setup.

You guys did one heck of a job on the whole setup and I plan to be a regular at Klipsch yearly events. However, I feel bad not "volunteering" for the tent setup (this is the reason for me bringing up the tent setup subject). Maybe this next year I can volunteer for something a little less "risky". I would like to help anyway I can but I will have to bow out of big tent setups. I know I sound like a big baby. Maybe I can offer my sevices of lugging some of your Pro speakers again or covering your pro equipment with some cheap Target blankets. I'm good with hauling big coolers around if needed. I typically like what's inside them too.

Anyway. Excited about the opportunity to see this all again and meeting some interesting people.

I vote for any date and stick to it.

jc