2007 Pilgrimage Ideas

• Klipsch Employees

So Indy.  This sounds nice.  Never been there.

I think the room treatment A/B is a great idea as I need to be thoroughly educated on it.

Would like to hear some A/B of the reference vs the heritage.

I guess it would be too much to ask about hearing some pro stuff.  Maybe this should be in Hope.

Trey.  I want to apologize for something from Hope this past year.  I am terrified of setting up big outdoor tents.  I have seen bad things happen.  I've seen some bad stuff come in the ER from tent setups.  I watched you and some others putting that tent up and it made me nervous just to watch.  I at one time I saw a big "rafter" or support beam being lifted by a mini Bulldozer and it looked to be unstable.  Maybe I'm messed up in the head and have developed a phobia.

My wife and I are having an outdoor party at the end of this month and she wants a big tent.  I am paying to have it setup.

You guys did one heck of a job on the whole setup and I plan to be a regular at Klipsch yearly events.  However, I feel bad not "volunteering" for the tent setup (this is the reason for me bringing up the tent setup subject).  Maybe this next year I can volunteer for something a little less "risky".  I would like to help anyway I can but I will have to bow out of big tent setups.  I know I sound like a big baby.  Maybe I can offer my sevices of lugging some of your Pro speakers again or covering your pro equipment with some cheap Target blankets.  I'm good with hauling big coolers around if needed.  I typically like what's inside them too.

Anyway.  Excited about the opportunity to see this all again and meeting some interesting people.

I vote for any date and stick to it.

jc

JC,

Dont think twice about it...That is why I ask for volunteers.

FYI, heavy part to that tent was the tarp. all the other parts were less than 50 lbs. Like DETL, I have been driving tractors for over 30 years and can stay out of trouble most of the time.

Thank you for your offer.

Don't worry, I will put you to work.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Trey. I want to apologize for something from Hope this past year. I

am terrified of setting up big outdoor tents. I have seen bad things

happen. I've seen some bad stuff come in the ER from tent setups. I

watched you and some others putting that tent up and it made me nervous

just to watch. I at one time I saw a big "rafter" or support beam

being lifted by a mini Bulldozer and it looked to be unstable. Maybe

I'm messed up in the head and have developed a phobia."

"circuserectusophobia"

Hey. I may not want to set up for a circus but I am the ham in a circus.

Just watch me stand on a La Scala II and juggle 3 K-401's while I suk down some Budweiser.

Now that 's real circus trick!

I think that if you want to hear a Heritage HT that is right, we should try to talk Indy / Roger into letting us come by his house. His LSI 7.1HT is it. Very well done.

He has Khorns in a 7.1 as well.

====================================================

I would be honored. Seriously.. Would be cool.

It'd be great if Roy could make it up for the weekend - maybe we can bribe him with some berries and fishing ponds. [;)]

I think a lot of people would be interested in purchasing some of the digital copies of those PWK recordings you guys played in Hope. I thought that was extremely cool.

I think another concert would be fun. I'm always up for live music. Maybe we can get the multi-track recording to actually work this year [;)]

The Jazz Kitchen is pretty cool too. But if as many come as this last summer you would probably need to rent out the entire place. In which case, it'd prob be cheaper and more fun to do an outside thing like in Hope.

"Oh, you mean what to do Sat night- maybe a concert by local/regional act somewhere nearby?"

Maybe we will get lucky and have a good act out at Deer Creek? Most weekends that time of year will have shows out there. That would be fun.....but then again, so would HT at Indy's place. Only problem with HT at Roger's.....is there enough room for all of us?

Deer Creek is also conveniently located to the same end of town Klipsch HQ is......might be a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on this Forum for over 5 years and have yet to attend one of these things... well next year will be different. I have blocked off that weekend and plan on making the trip to Indy! Yippee! I'll finally get to meet some of you fine folk! [:D]

As for Saturday night, I'm all up for live music.

Mike

Dean I agree say from 6- 8 ish... yes.. then on?? Who knows?? It is kinda cool to wrap up the experience eating talking and sharing ideas not in a loud room stereos/ HT/ Live music.. buzzing.. Then again at some point, This is what it is all about too.

I watched U 571 the other night... I thought those lower depth charges were in my room! Seriously.. The HT is fun..

NFL on high def is just outstanding too!!

I prefer a quiet dinner so people can hang out and talk. I can see live music anytime I want, but I can only spend time with all of you once a year.

I agree with Dean. When we had a gathering at my house a couple of years ago, I was quite surprised that the group was more interested in visiting than listening to gear. Don't get me wrong, there was plenty of interest in gear. Gear was not the first preference of the group.

I agree. I will admit that I took very little interest in the live music and setup at Hope. It just ended up that way. I apologize. I found it more interesting to hear personal gear and share personal audio experiences.

Now I don't know if I'm up for a quiet dinner. I'm a grab and go guy. Yes I like visiting but I probably won't get tired of the gear stuff (Provided I can take a Beer break).

Now all the above takes a back seat to listening to things Klipsch has to offer such as auditioning new speakers, subs, electronics, etc. The room treatment idea gets a strong vote from me.