This saddens me....

Indyjeep

Recently here on the East Side Best Buy of Indianapolis we have had a increase of people coming asking for Elite Digital Sound speakers or EDS. I feel bad for these people who buy these speakers thinking they are going to be awesome great speakers that are worth $2k or more, and they buy them for $100 and are getting ripped off by the White Van guys. One of the guys who bought them told me that the Van guys said they accidently loaded two sets of the speakers on the van and just wanted to sell them for beer money. When the guy told me that he saw the look on my face and knew he had been had. I just wish I would meet these guys, and give them a peace of my mind. Rant over....

I would recommend the Sony towers over those even. Jeeze.....

You can't cheat an honest man.

Situational ethics would have us believe that we must be honest as we haven't robbed a bank.

The white van scam depends on the mark thinking he is getting something for nothing, and that someone else is losing the money.

The mark deserves what he gets (scammed).

Elite Digital Sound ,say what? With a "brand name" like this you can be sure of one thing,they aim the ignorant brain dead,or for short ZOMBIE.

Elite digital sound,LOL what a pile of steaming freebies.I wonder what is "digital" about these sweat shop products made in a land far far away?

• 3 weeks later...
This cracks me up! My brother in law just called asking about these new high end speakers he just bought outside of a Best Buy store here in Indianapolis for $100. So first I typed in the URL on the box and got a "Page Not Found" error and then I Googled the name "Elite Digital Sound" and followed the link to your message. Sure enough they told him that they were $2k and that the warehouse shipped too many or some such thing. He thinks they sound okay though :)

This cracks me up! My brother in law just called asking about these new high end speakers he just bought outside of a Best Buy store here in Indianapolis for $100. So first I typed in the URL on the box and got a "Page Not Found" error and then I Googled the name "Elite Digital Sound" and followed the link to your message. Sure enough they told him that they were $2k and that the warehouse shipped too many or some such thing. He thinks they sound okay though :)

Ahhh, another happy ending!

My neighbor also bought a pair a couple years ago. Seems they're rated for 1,000 watts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then he came over and heard my Khorns on about 60 watts.

He's never been quite the same since.

What are his symptons? Nervious twitch, talking to himself, oily discharge....

why are people coming into the store asking for that brand name? I don't get it. If they've heard them at a friend's house, they MUST know that they suck, right?

Or are some people just deaf?

M

As a "retail refugee" I can certainly say it's just people wanting to be congradulated on a choice they made. Yes, in this case they made a very bad one.

I had people come up to me all day long that wanted little more than for me to glorify them because of what they own.............sorry, diddn't do it. And quite a few of them got p.o.'ed at me because I wouldn't.

I ran the gun counter at an department store for 13 years (1983-96) and it was great to the look on someone's face after they bragged so much about how great their 45ACP they just bought is and I brought from the stock room my self-built Colt Gold Cup Series 80 that I have over $2,000 invested in (IPSC Class-C Unlimited). Oh....did I mention that I only made $5.65/hr and the "customer" was making well over $60k/yr.? My gunsmith would flat out tell people that money doesn't impress him......he would say "Wanna impress my ***?? Spend some of it."

Hi Tom,

I have collected guns over the years. I have not noticed it as much with firearms as with electronics however, that's funny.

One of my favorite pistols to shoot is my 45ACP. I just "plunk", so no real competition there. No comparison though to a custom setup with competition trigger, etc.

I live in tobacco growing country and am a member of Ducks Unlimited. The funniest thing I witness is the annual Ducks unlimited auction. The tobacco growers have sold their tobacco and the auction coordinates with their collection of their money. The booze flows at this event and they have hot babes carry around the auctioned product, usually with a DU badge on the items. I have the best time watching the drunk tobacco guys bid $500 for a single shot shotgun or $250 for a daisy red ryder bb gun.

I have never won anything there...I guess I don't get drunk enough[:)]