MD/DC/NO. VA Kilpsch/Musicfest Cancelled

garymd

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

That is such great news about Larry!!!!

I am so glad to hear that things are looking up and we are going to continue to keep him in or thoughts with the wish that he is able to attend his dinner and concert if he is able. Gary you are a great friend, I know you will talk him out of it if he is really not able. A group visit to his hospital room with and I Pod and that Klipsch thangamagigy would be just the trick. Let him know we would rather have him around for many more of these events then having push things to fast to get to just this one. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he is able to safely to go.

Travis

I too missed this one completely.

So sorry to hear about your fall Larry - glad to hear things are on the up and up. I am sure you will be all better soon and ready to host this gathering - such a pity I can never get to these things.....which is the reason I never opened the thread till now....

All the best Larry.

Good one, Bryan! You go, Larry! Glad to see you restless and motivated to get outta there. That's a good sign. Remember to rest a lot, and let someone else carry the pCats...are they still coming?

Gary you are a great friend, I know you will talk him out of it if he is really not able.

You're right about that! I'd give him less than a 50/50 chance he'll even be out of the hospital by the weekend. I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic. I received this information from a pretty reliable and trusted souce.................HIS DOCTORS!!!!!

I'll pass on all of your messages. Larry greatly appreciates them.

I think Larry is being overly optimistic regarding his release this weekend. I spoke with his friend last night who is a Dr. Larry worked with at NIH and who has also been in touch with Larry's Drs. He doesn't think there's any chance they'll allow Larry to leave for the weekend and return on Monday which is Larry's current plan. I'll be back to visit again today and I'll try to get more info.

For those who have received calls from Larry (who now has his cell phone with him) and those who he's asked to come over on Saturday or spend the night either Friday or Saturday, PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE YOUR ORIGINAL PLANS. If somehow he can get out by Friday or Saturday that would be great. However, he will be in no shape to host anyone at his house.

That's all the information I have at the moment but I'll keep all of you informed as the weekend approaches.

Directions to Mama Lucia's and Strathmore Music Hall:

Both are right off of Rt. 355 (Wisconsin Ave./Rockville Pike). 355 is the first exit off of I495 after the 495/270 split coming from Virginia or the last exit before the split coming from Baltimore/Silver Spring.

Mama Lucia's:

Take 355 South toward Bethesda/Washington D.C. Approximately 3 to 5 miles from the beltway you'll be in the heart of Bethesda. Turn right on Elm Street, about 3 blocks past the East/West Highway intersection. After the first intersection you'll see a row of restaurants on the left. Mama Lucia's is one of those. There is street parking if you're lucky or parking garages on both sides (I think) before you get to the restaurants. If you pass the restaurant you can always turn back. It's a two-way street. The reservation is in the name of Clare and they will be saving seats for us in the private room. I won't be there but everyone else will as far as I know.

Strathmore:

Get back on 355 heading north. About 1 mile or less past the beltway exit you'll see signs for Strathmore parking on the right. They have a big garage and parking is free. You can't miss it.

For those who don't make dinner, plan on meeting at the main doors in front of the lobby between 7:30 and 7:45 (I'm assuming the concert begins at 8:00). I'll correct this later if I'm wrong.

Anyone who isn't sure they'll make dinner, please PM me or Mike Lindsey so we can exchange cell phone numbers. Not all of us have met and it might be difficult to pick a Klipsch forum member out of the crowd.[;)]

Anyone who isn't sure they'll make dinner, please PM me or Mike Lindsey so we can exchange cell phone numbers. Not all of us have met and it might be difficult to pick a Klipsch forum member out of the crowd.[;)]

So true, Gary.... I'll be the short, handsome devil! [;)]

I do have Skonopa's, Customsteve's, Marty's and Dr Pyro's cell phone numbers, so I think that's everybody.

As for Larry, keep us informed of his health and departure status. He's very lucky to have a friend like you, and I am sure he is very grateful for your visits everyday.

Mike