Planning on selling your VRD's ?

sfellini

Well I'm not planning on selling them, but I will say that I have had my VRDs for a couple of years and they sound even better now than when I first got them. They play perfectly and have never needed service. Just a bias tweak every so often.

Nice units for sure. I will never regret purchasing them.

If you find a pair I would jump on them.

I often second guess the decision to sell my VRDs. I have a feeling that I will one day sell some other toy and order another pair. There is no question in my mind that they are first class amplification. Darn it! Now you guys have me thinkin!!!!!

I often second guess the decision to sell my VRDs. I have a feeling that I will one day sell some other toy and order another pair. There is no question in my mind that they are first class amplification. Darn it! Now you guys have me thinkin!!!!!

Boom;

You just got all wrapped up in the BAT man thing.

Take all your dark spandex to the Salvation Army. HEHE

I can be way too anal at times but the BAT stuff does go well together.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Spandex & boomac? I dont think so! Wait, I think I have a pair of spandex water shoes.

I bought mine used on Agon, so just keep your eyes peeled.

I've only had them for 6 months but love them more today than I did the day I got them. Would have really loved to compare them to Mark's pCATs though. When Larry Clare gets better and he plans another gathering, maybe Mark will send us a pair to compare to the VRD's.

Mike

The more I listen to the VRDs, the more impressed I become. They are just so naturally right. Everything seems to have the proper essential balance and weight - and they are ohhhhhh sooooo transparent. Ice cream for the ears....and worth every penny of the new asking price. For Heritage Klipsch - DA BOMB in modern push-pull.

Every time I listen to my friend's VRD's I want a pair more. The more my friends listen, the more his investment is justified in thier own minds. No buyer's remorse here!!! I really need to stay away from there. Even with a disasterous episode of FedUp destroying the base of one of the VRDs in shipping return from a minor service update - which means they are now listening in mono until the amp returns in the next day or two - that one amp in mono sounds so damn good as to defy logic.

Now I love my Mcintosh 30s - and will NEVER sell them. They do midrange like very few amps on the planet. But the total performance of the VRD - especially for the $$$ - is like very few in an affordable price range. They make truly high end performance reachable for a Heritage owner who really wants them - and they might well be the last amps you'll ever need. Not much to upgrade from here (unless you are an SET type, but then you wouldn't be buying push-pulls in the first place.....)

If you can't find used.....save for new - they are WORTH IT.

Scott, I too do not have any spandex and confirm the BAT pieces do and are designed to work together well.

The VRD's I heard in hope were awesome amps and I even liked Daddy Dee's MKIII's the year before but when I ramp up my full tube system for the LaScalla's I'm not sure which way I'm going to go as I would like one of Mark's Pre's and VRD's but I have also considered getting your current 3ix and moving my 3i over to the full tube setup and going with a used VK-60[:|] possibilities seem endless sometimes but I do know the performance of both BAT and because of this forum Mark & Craig's gears[;)]

Talk about some nice gears Mr. Clare has some super stuff also, hope he is recovering well[:)]

Ok, probably a stupid question.

But if you are, please contact me at sf@nih.gov.

Cheers,

Steve.

Steve,

as far as I know 3 sets have been sold on the used market. You could be in for a long wait. Your welcome to contact me maybe we can work out something that would help you purchase a new set since your likely to only save about $500 or so on the used market.

Craig

Cheers,

Steve.

Steve,

as far as I know 3 sets have been sold on the used market. You could be in for a long wait. Your welcome to contact me maybe we can work out something that would help you purchase a new set since your likely to only save about $500 or so on the used market.

Craig

Cool! Craig,does that mean you'll take all my MKIII's in trade and finace the rest ?

Larry

Scott, I too do not have any spandex and confirm the BAT pieces do and are designed to work together well.

The VRD's I heard in hope were awesome amps and I even liked Daddy Dee's MKIII's the year before but when I ramp up my full tube system for the LaScalla's I'm not sure which way I'm going to go as I would like one of Mark's Pre's and VRD's but I have also considered getting your current 3ix and moving my 3i over to the full tube setup and going with a used VK-60[:|] possibilities seem endless sometimes but I do know the performance of both BAT and because of this forum Mark & Craig's gears[;)]

Talk about some nice gears Mr. Clare has some super stuff also, hope he is recovering well[:)]

Tim, a couple of things.

I thought that you were sold on the tube front/ SS power.

Guess I'm out of the loop. Is LC ill?

thanks,

tc

Cheers,

Steve.

Steve,

Craig

Cool! Craig,does that mean you'll take all my MKIII's in trade and finace the rest ?

Larry

I'm sure we could work something out [;)]

• Moderators

Scott,

Before you ask, NO YOU CANNOT HAVE THEM BACK! I let you keep the screwdriver as a memento. However, I do not feel too sorry for you as you have nice matching BAT gear. My audio dealer brought over a 3iK preamp for me to demo with the VRD's, very nice match up I must say. I don't know how you ever let them go.

At least you can say your preamp matches your amp.[:D]

Travis