OT lawn jobs

colterphoto1

Michael, a few well placed rocks, or long 2x4s with the quarter moons really do a good job on suspensions and tires. A friend would always have teens cutting the corner on his extensive yard, so one weekend we threw some shrubbery in place to funnel the cars over three different quarter moon spiked areas. He had nine hits that night with all four tires flattened. The kids all got three tickets and a visit to jail for their illicit driving.

Michael is that your property?

no I just live here.

Dave, I understand nails in a 2x4, but don't understand the 'cresent' reference, can you explain? I do have some large rocks I suppose I can use to deter this, nothing like creating something to trim around! grrrrrrr

Keep this in mind, KNOWINGLY putting boards with nails down might put some culpability on your shoulders. I agree though that these punks deserve a large smack upside the head. [:@]

I keep walking a line myself on fighting a similar kind of fight and being 100% that NO ONE can come back on me. I do that by (in my specific case) having worked with the county AND TVA (I share a common border with Tennessee Valley Authority, a horrendous neighbor, that's probably near a mile long?) They are the ones that have put up the no parking signs, authorized obstructions and actually, go to the extreme of authorizing me to dig a ditch about 4' wide, 4' deep and maybe 200' long to act as a 'anti-tank (truck) ditch'

Remote camera, catching them in the act?

Hide out & be there...it's not like you're not up all night anyway!! [6]

Perhaps some 'yardwork' where you dig a trench across the line so they'll get stuck?

too bad you live in the city. It's kinda cool being here to do that seeing as I've got Brutus to help me.

ticks me off just seeing what they did there.

Wait a minute! Colter cannot resort to violence, now that he's part of the Klipsch team. My suggestion is next time they rip up your lawn, invite them in to listen to your various Klipsch set-ups. Try to get them to see the wrongness of their ways, and go to the light, the goodness that is Klipsch.

Wait a minute! Colter cannot resort to violence, now that he's part of the Klipsch team. My suggestion is next time they rip up your lawn, invite them in to listen to your various Klipsch set-ups. Try to get them to see the wrongness of their ways, and go to the light, the goodness that is Klipsch.

I agree 1000% Violence does not solve problems,problem is these people if invited will leave with all his speakers and Colter will have to untie himself after! They may even take his haircut !

Put a flag in it and have a golf tourney...

Crop dusting Mikes tard... hmmmmm

Look Mike this time or yourar is a good time to replenish anyhow.. spread some grass seed down.. it will water some this week.. U will be fine..

At least your safe... no one stole anything...

I know it is the little things that piss you off.. but relax...

GGMTSTATTICCTCTCTTICANWTKTD...

No nails or screws, Michael. People can injure themselves and you will get sued if someone steps on one. The crescents are like cat claws. They are set in planks, are three to six inches high, and have the sharper pointed edge pointed at the car travelling their way. Tires roll over them, and pop, there goes the tires. You can step on them and not hurt anything.

They use these at parking lots to control route of travel, usually posted at exit only lanes. They are guaranteed to take care of wrong way travel. Anyone who cuts over your lawn will be looking at a minimum of $200 - $400, plus a tow. All you need to do is sink a railroad spike in each end to anchor the plank in the ground, invite a couple buds over for a relaxing evening of listening to Klipsch, and pop the cans until the fireworks start.

Long term - you may be looking at bollards, put you are talking about $$, time, and sweat that you want to spend on something else.

Well I am not sure if this will help in your situation but when I was young we always had kids busting through piles of leaves in the fall. This always pissed off my Dad as we always had to spend several weekends raking them and then hauling them off. Well one year my Dad did some landscaping in the form of several large boulders and we just happened to dump all the leaves on top of them. Well you can just image what happened after that. Cars make such a noise when meeting up with large rocks. Dad removed the boulders in the spring and we never had an issue again.

If he was to do that today I am sure he would get sued but in the early 70's you could get away with that stuff. It was pretty funny especially when Dad called the parents [:)]

Laters,

Jeff