Update on my diet and exercise program

wuzzzer

Well, its official...starting my 17th week of dieting and exercise I have officially made it to my weight goal and then some! banana66yl.gifThis morning I weighed in at 179. When I started I was 206.5 and at my heaviest I was probably around 215.

I feel so much better, have a ton more energy and just feel healthier overall. Its funny, in my mind I still feel overweight since I've been heavy most of my life. But when I put on my clothes they're just huge on me. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not as big as I used to be. I keep a picture at work of my wife and I from 2 years ago when I was at 215 or so. Everyone I work with says I don't even look like the same person anymore. You can tell in my face that I've lost quite a bit of weight.

Now its time to maintain and keep exercising!

• Moderators

Respect is a very good choice for what you have done !

I have started the exercise thats the easy part !

I doubt if I will ever get to the hard part, hard to even say that nasty word " diet ".

Good luck to both of you !

Congrats on your results, I'm sure it's been a tough road. Just this past Sun night, I admitted to my wife that I, too, wasn't happy with the direction my tummy has been going and that I need to do something different to effect a change. She's been talking treadmill for a few months, which I can handle, but the whole "Don't eat what you want to" thing is going to be tough. I hope I can do as well as you have. As of today, I am 6'3, 255 lbs. I'd like to get back to 210 or thereabouts. Will keep you posted.

Champagne taste beer budget, I forgot I was going to tell you that my family and I vacationed a few weeks ago up at Spirit Lake just outside of Aitkin. It was a beautiful lake and I caught a 4+ pound largemouth bass there!

Wuzzer, you should of dropped me a line, you could of stopped over for a bit. I'm sure you were the Farm Island Store for bait/beer/gas whatever, that's about 4 miles from my place.

//http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/compass.html?map=COMPASS_MAPFILE&zoomdir=0&imgext=428717.458881+5146886.120926+441946.618403+5158351.392512&imgxy=486.5+421.5&layers=

I'm on the lake right above the "B" in Bachelor, just north of Spirit. My folks bought a vacation place on the far west end of Spirit last summer. Small world. Next time you're coming up, let me know!

Congrats! I went from 225 to 179 last year. I now weigh 195 and have to work at it to stay there.

Funny thing, I bought some life insurance recently. They asked about the weight loss and I proclaimed what I told you. They autimatically add back 50% as they know most people will gain at least that back, which is exactly what I did.

I control it by weighing daily. I have heard some people say that's not good, but for me, it's the only way I can take control if I start to sway.

GREAT JOB!!!

My folks bought a vacation place on the far west end of Spirit last summer. Small world. Next time you're coming up, let me know!

Thanks for the offer! My Dad's hometown is Crosby, and we try and do something up around the area each year at a resort/cabin.

Congrats!!![<:o)]

I've been on a exercise program myself for about a month and a half now. I've modified my eating habbits, been down on my bowflex religiously. In this time, I've lost 18lbs. My body is starting to look lean and trim again, I can see more muscle mass growing. The only area where I really need to work is getting rid of some of that chub around my waste. My stomach is flat again (for the most part) but there is still some of that flab. This morning as I was bent over brushing my teeth, I noticed that I didn't have this big lump of flab haning over my towel, a little, but sooo much less than it used to.

Ok ok, this may be TMI (too much informatin) but.... Last friday night my wife looked at me gave me the up and down and said, you really are starting to look good!. Then last night we were in bed doing what married couples do and durring the heat of the moment, my wife says, gawd, you are really starting to feel good, you feel so much better than you used to. She made mention of it several times... WOW, I can't tell you what a moral boost that was and the amount of validation I felt hearing that, ESPECIALLY durring the activities we were doing at the time. It made me feel very attractive and boosed my self confidence tremendously!

Keep up the good work. I know it's very hard to stay motivated but once you start to see progress, that very progress helps to keep the motivation going.

--m00n

Congrats on the loss![:D]

Keep on it and you will be successful.

When you get over 100# to loose, you only have about a 2 to 5 % chance of

loosing it and keeping it off.

I have 200# to loose and am going in for WL (weight loss)

surgery in 14 days, the 9th of November. Yep I am going to have the

pipes rerouted to achieve my goal. This is a forever change and people who have

had the surgery have a successes rate of 60 to 75% of keeping the weight off

after 10 years. I have fought this all my life and now I need to do something

more drastic to get healthy. If you guys feel so much more energy with only a

~40# loss, think how I will feel with loosing YOUR ENITRE BODY WEIGHT! I cant

wait!

• Moderators

I've been on a exercise program myself for about a month and a half now. I've modified my eating habbits, been down on my bowflex religiously. In this time, I've lost 18lbs. My body is starting to look lean and trim again, I can see more muscle mass growing. The only area where I really need to work is getting rid of some of that chub around my waste. My stomach is flat again (for the most part) but there is still some of that flab. This morning as I was bent over brushing my teeth, I noticed that I didn't have this big lump of flab haning over my towel, a little, but sooo much less than it used to.

Ok ok, this may be TMI (too much informatin) but.... Last friday night my wife looked at me gave me the up and down and said, you really are starting to look good!. Then last night we were in bed doing what married couples do and durring the heat of the moment, my wife says, gawd, you are really starting to feel good, you feel so much better than you used to. She made mention of it several times... WOW, I can't tell you what a moral boost that was and the amount of validation I felt hearing that, ESPECIALLY durring the activities we were doing at the time. It made me feel very attractive and boosed my self confidence tremendously!

Keep up the good work. I know it's very hard to stay motivated but once you start to see progress, that very progress helps to keep the motivation going.

--m00n

Wow, Moon thats funny, what your wife said .....

I hope when you get in a little better shape she don't call you by another name by accident ![:o] Just kidding, I couldn't help it

• Moderators

--m00n

Wow, Moon thats funny, what your wife said .....

I hope when you get in a little better shape she don't call you by another name by accident ![:o] Just kidding, I couldn't help it

Moon, dtel is the smart a_ _, in the family in case you haven't noticed.

Don't worry she won't call someone else's name.

Congratulations to all of you who are either working on a weight loss/exercise program or have made a decision to have surgery.

Your family will thank you for adding years to your life.

Moon,

I'm confussed....when you said you were in bed doing what married couples do, was that fighting for the remote? As I read on it didn't seem like it, I'm just confussed.

LOL... Na... We were engaged in other activities.

And thanks all for the words of encouragement. However, I didn't mean to be a thread hyjacker. [;)]