Will it take off?

Coytee

The answer is stll, and always, YES.

Phew!!, that's a load off my mind, thanks for convincing me.

HENCE FORTH AND FROM NOW ON, WE SHALL INVESTIGATE A NEW RIDDLE..... AND THE SUBECT IS..... "Drum Roooooll", please"....

post-12381-13819854494022_thumb.jpg

Tell us Gil, what does your logic say the answer is? Wait. Start another thread about it, this zombie needs to die.

Gilbert,before responding, just go back and read this thread from the begining - this ground has been plowed.

• 2 years later...

I saw this on another forum I frequent and found some of the commentary interesting. I don't know the answer although I've got an opinion. It WAS interesting seeing the answers/thoughts some people gave (2 pages worth).

I'm copying it exactly like he had it there

a plane is standing on a movable runway( something like a conveyor).as the plane moves the conveyor moves but in the opposite direction.the conveyor has a system that tracks the speed of the plane and matches it exactly in the opposite direction.

the question is

will the plane take off or not?

(ps its been debated to death on other forums, its always fun to see how people present the theory behind there answer)

newton and bernoulli says, "plane will not take off.....no lift."

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/fluids/airfoil.html

Oh ffs.  Put the rubber band propeller plane on the treadmill and watch it take off.  There is lift because the wheels on the ground versus the treadmill mean nothing.  The thrust of the engine(s) is on the air, the craft moves forward, lift happens and it takes off.

Oh ffs.  Put the rubber band propeller plane on the treadmill and watch it take off.  There is lift because the wheels on the ground versus the treadmill mean nothing.  The thrust of the engine(s) is on the air, the craft moves forward, lift happens and it takes off.

I think you bumped the thread and are trying to cast reasonable doubt via pretend angst.

• Like 1