Your Top Ten �Rolling Stone� Songs

jacksonbart

Let me just preface this with I understand that some might not like the Stones anymore or never did. I respect that, just respect that some of us do like them. I these songs as much for the music as what point in time of my life they remind me of when I first heard them. (OB this ones for you)

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

There are so many, but here are mine.

Midnight Rambler

Sympathy for the Devil

Cant You Hear Me Knocking

Gimme Shelter

Monkey Man

Emotional Rescue

Honky Tonk Women

Star F*cker

Tumbling Dice

Street Fighting Man

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first rock concert I ever attented was the Rolling Stones at the Forum in Los Angeles. I think it was 1971 or 1972. I wasn't old enought to drive, but my older sister had a friend come down with mono and at the last minute and I got the ticket! What a night it was--I will never forget it.

Here are ten I can think of off the top of my head:

1. Little Red Rooster

2. Sympathy for the Devil

3. Brown Sugar

4. Honky Tonk Women

5. Out of Time

6. Satisfaction

7. Paint it Black

8. You Can't Always Get What You Want.

9. Mother's Little Helper

10. Sweet Virginia (there's a teenage sex angle to this one that I can't really go into)

OH BOY.................JUST TEN ............That's not fair, but I'm with ya' on this, just TEN,

1. WILD HORSES

2. SWEET VIRGINIA

3. TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE

4. CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING

5. SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL....................LIVE from Get your Ya-Ya's OUT

6. SHINE A LIGHT

7. YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT

8. DEAD FLOWERS

9. STREET FIGHTING MAN

10. IT'S ONLY ROCK AND ROLL

That was not easy, but in tune with thread.......................EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest, I never eally liked the Stones until I saw them on TV. Before that I just didn't get it. But when one of their live concerts was broadcast, I understood.

I have most of their CD's now. My top 10 would include:

1: Honky Tonk Woman

2: Start Me Up

3: Little Red Rooster

4: Brown Sugar

5: It's Only Rock and Roll

6: Satisfaction

7: Rain Fall Down

8: Jumping Jack Flash

9: Wild Horses

10: You Can't always Get what You want

Gimme Shelter.

Now normally we are asked to pick our favorite (single) item and I end up listing three or four. In this case, all I need to tell you about my love for the Stones is in this single solitary choice.

Then there is the "also rans", other Stones songs I do enjoy:

2. Loving Cup

3. Sympathy for the Devil

4. Sister Morphine

5. 10,000 Light Years From Home

6. Bitc#

7. Tumbling Dice

8. Midnight Rambler

9. Street Fighting Man

10. You Can't Always Get What You Want

1. Time Is On My Side
  2. I Can't Get No Satisfaction
  3. Paint It Black
  4. Ruby Tuesday
  5. Sympathy For The Devil

6. You Can't Always Get What You Want
  7. B*tch
  8. Miss You
  9. Start Me Up
  10. Rock And A Hard Place

Read that Sir Mick Jagger's dad, Joe Jagger, passed away today at 93. Sorry to hear..

e111114a.jpg

jaggerfamily.jpg

Mick, brother Chris, mother Eva, dad Joe

I don't really care too much for the usual suspects as WNY is just a classic rock radio he!! and has been since it was top 40. It's just been beaten into me...

That said, the whole Exile on Main St. record blows me away. The whole dang thing. First time I heard it was a bit of an experience, which may have hard-wired some things into my brain...

My favorite Stones song is Devo covering Satisfaction especially when they did it on SNL in the late 70's.

That was certainly Off the Wall, and weren't the drums and amps covered in black plastic, I do remember that show.....................

SNL Late 70's

Video

: )

I don't really care too much for the usual suspects as WNY is just a classic rock radio he!! and has been since it was top 40. It's just been beaten into me...

That said, the whole Exile on Main St. record blows me away. The whole dang thing. First time I heard it was a bit of an experience, which may have hard-wired some things into my brain...

That's it, I cannot refrain myself any longer, I'm Sorry in advance; Exile on Main Street, now your talkin' my talk......................A whiskey soaked romp through the Stones style Blues..................Does it get any better than Mick Taylor....the lad can play....again I say, Twin Lead guitars....Richards and Taylor, what a dou.................well written, gritty, almost dirty songs........Guitars, horns..........Keith and his off key back-up vocals..........Charlie just rock solid on the drums............Great songs......RAW............unpolished presentation of material...............What more can you want?..................."Got to scrap the shit right off your shoes"................indeed.....................Forgive me, I can't help it.....I'll grow up someday................NOT..................."It's only Rock and Roll"....................