Klipschorns NOT for sale

Deang

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...I'm not so sure the Good Lord cares so much whether you sell your Klipschorns or not, unless doing so will enrich your life in serving Him?"

You surprise me Jim -- that's very good. Good grief, I don't even know how to respond!

Good gracious, Dean, I may look like a heathen but I'm not (I'm a good Catholic boy...right)! I got some good Christian schoolin' in me...somewhere.[A]

post-11084-1381931453138_thumb.jpg

Over the years, if you read between the lines I don't think the Klipschorns were ever Deans cup of tea.

You mean the old earbleeder posts? Sure, but that was before I heard them at Parrot's house run with Tubes and ALKs -- after which I became one of the few around here to buy them new. I wouldn't spend $6K on a pair of speakers that I didn't think I could live with! And as you well know, they become all the more sweeter when you work that top section.

Yea, it was a few years ago. I remember when you thought I was nuts when I started experimenting with different top hats.

Do you have woodworking skills? Have you thought about building a pair of DanaHorns?

I have great woodworking skills -- haven't you ever seen the perfect rectangles I cut for the crossover boards, lol.:) Just messing with you and those B&W's btw. I bet with a few thousand watts they sound pretty good. Since you're on here, did you ever move those 2470's? If you still have them, what kind of shape are they in?

Yep Buckster, I paid out the whazoo for them, and a year or so later sold off the drivers, horn, motorboard/grill and networks. I had come off a pair of RF-7's and it was driving me nuts that the Klipschorns didn't sound as clean and open to me. Awesome presence and dynamics, but I knew I would need more out them if I was going to keep them. I actually tried to sell them a couple of years back before I modified them -- I made all of the changes when it was apparent they weren't going to move unless I sold them for half of what I paid for them. The plan was to sell them and start with a single Jubilee LF section and start playing with drivers and horns. So, I've been here before.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/513931.aspx

Do you have woodworking skills? Have you thought about building a pair of DanaHorns?

I have great woodworking skills -- haven't you ever seen the perfect rectangles I cut for the crossover boards, lol.:) Just messing with you and those B&W's btw. I bet with a few thousand watts they sound pretty good. Since you're on here, did you ever move those 2470's? If you still have them, what kind of shape are they in?

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/513931.aspx

I still have everything to build the "superK horns", including the 2470's. I tried to sell everything but didn't get any bites. The previous owner said that he put in new diphragms. The big thing is selling the Yamaha D2040 dividing network. Everything else should be really easy to sell.

I'll probably just build the K horn Clones. I'm getting ready to build some Mahogany cabinets for my bathrooms. That would be a good time to build these.

Dean, if perchance you DO sell your Khorns... and if perchance, you DO get some Jubilee bass bins...

You going to go active or passive?

That EV Dx-38 is a pretty cool puppy (coming from someone who's never played with ANY form of active crossover until this one)

Oh My...can you imagine you and Dean talking about the same thing......poor dogs, get the neck braces ready...........................

It would be the first time I'd feel like I could talk to him with me having SOME clue as to what I'm talking about (as opposed to this passive crossover voo-doo these guys are involved in)

[6]

Dean... I sent you an email through the forum, mistake? If not, you'll get it when you do. If it WAS a mistake, all it was, was an invitation to come to Knoxville and listen to them.

(and perhaps using you're car as delivery vehicle for a box of Graeters that I'd order [A])

"It would be the first time I'd feel like I could talk to him with me having SOME clue as to what I'm talking about (as opposed to this passive crossover voo-doo these guys are involved in)"

VooDoo? Man no wonder I couldn't figure it all out!

I can just see it now, Dean with an active network....I bet it won't happen.