Klipschorns NOT for sale

Deang

2003 Oak Lacquer. Extensively modified. Trachorns, JBL 2470's, and Beyma CP-25 tweeters. Bottom half of top hat slightly modifed to accomodate my bolted on false corners -- which are included in this deal if you want them. Currently running slightly modified Type A's (bandpass section) built with VH Audio OIMP v-caps and 10 AWG air cores. These are in excellent condition. I will not ship. I live in the Dayton, Ohio area. I'm in no big hurry to move these. If you're interested in them and need time to get your ducks in a row let me know -- I'll work with you. If no firm commitment the next few weeks from anyone, they'll go to both Audiogon and eBay before Christmas.

Plenty of pics in these two threads.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/1/575163/ShowThread.aspx

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/401929.aspx

$3800

Contact using dgwescott@sbcglobal.net Do not use PM or forum email feature.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean,

As a fellow Klipschorn owner, I am concerned that you are getting rid of your K-Horns. I mean this in a friendly way since I know you have provided a number of improvements and modifications to them.

Say it ain't so ... Unless of course you are moving up to Jubilees.

I am sure that whoever is lucky enough to get them, and especially if they are a Klipschorn-novice, will love them.

Good Luck,

-Tom

Right now, I'm just laying out the fleece. If it's meant to be -- they'll sell, if not -- then God is telling me to keep them. I've never heard a better sounding pair of loudspeakers -- so I'm naturally very apprehensive about this. So, I decided to lay this in front of Him, and I'm just taking one step at a time. No sense in thinking about the door down the hall if the door in front of me stays shut.

Over the years, if you read between the lines I don't think the Klipschorns were ever Deans cup of tea.

You mean the old earbleeder posts? Sure, but that was before I heard them at Parrot's house run with Tubes and ALKs -- after which I became one of the few around here to buy them new. I wouldn't spend $6K on a pair of speakers that I didn't think I could live with! And as you well know, they become all the more sweeter when you work that top section.

Right now, I'm just laying out the fleece. If it's meant to be -- they'll sell, if not -- then God is telling me to keep them. I've never heard a better sounding pair of loudspeakers -- so I'm naturally very apprehensive about this. So, I decided to lay this in front of Him, and I'm just taking one step at a time. No sense in thinking about the door down the hall if the door in front of me stays shut.

Hopefully this is not the same god that told Bush Jr. to invade Iraq.[;)]

Seriously, you've got to have something in mind, otherwise you would have put your house up for sale as well!

A cryptic message? I'm not so sure the Good Lord cares so much whether you sell your Klipschorns or not, unless doing so will enrich your life in serving Him? I'm not trying to be funny, but I guess I just don't get it.

Or are you going back to RF-7s?

Right now, I'm just laying out the fleece. If it's

meant to be -- they'll sell, if not -- then God is telling me to

keep them. I've never heard a better sounding pair of loudspeakers --

so I'm naturally very apprehensive about this. So, I decided to lay

this in front of Him, and I'm just taking one step at a time. No

sense in thinking about the door down the hall if the door in front of

me stays shut.

A method of decision making I have employed with a great deal of success.

I believe you're being influenced by the wrong guy in this matter. As the old saying goes "The Devil made me do it"

Right now, I'm just laying out the fleece. If it's

meant to be -- they'll sell, if not -- then God is telling me to

keep them. I've never heard a better sounding pair of loudspeakers --

so I'm naturally very apprehensive about this. So, I decided to lay

this in front of Him, and I'm just taking one step at a time. No

sense in thinking about the door down the hall if the door in front of

me stays shut.

A method of decision making I have employed with a great deal of success.

Yes, I also understand what Dean means. I am curious as to what you will replace them with, in the event they sell.

JT

Hopefully this is not the same god that told Bush Jr. to invade Iraq.:)

I sure don't want this thread going off in that direction! A few very specific things have to happen in order to move these Klipschorns. It may not be like moving a mountain, but close. The person needs to meet the asking price -- which is firm btw -- and be within driving distance, and willing to pick them up.

Though I would like to, I may or may not buy the Jubilees. I'm on the record with a few people as saying I would not -- but I'm tired of thinking about it and fighting the urge, so I decided to put the Khorns up to see what would happen. I'm not going to think about Jubilees until I have the money in hand. At that point, I'll lay out the fleece again. If it happens, I'll probably only buy the LF sections.

Well, whoever give those Khorns a home will be getting a very good sounding pair of Khorns indeed. They are mint and have been modded with alot of TLC.

It reminds me of a advertising quote from some Japanese product. I can't remember if it was a car or audio gear.

Anyway, the tagline was: Built in Japan, by fanatics.

These Khorns have been kicked up a notch, by a fanatic.