Hats off to Amy Unger

Jim Cornell

Amy does do a good job representing Klipsch on this forum. I have enjoyed the Klipsch forum, and my wife has even come to accept the quality of people who hang out here are exemplary, and not drug abusers and convicted felons, Carl notwithstanding.[;)]

There is also room for improvement, as Al could have been gently and consistently informed that his services would not be needed at a professional level, in a curteous and professional manner. The fact that it was not totally completed in such a manner resulted in multiple meltdowns, and carried out over two forums, was not needed on both sides. The AA moderators were correct to insist that the Klipsch side of dirty laundry stay on the Klipsch forum, no matter what Al presents over there. I don't run after people I have fired to present a rejoinder every time they ***** about what went down. It is better to stay the high road if you can.

"Don't let the door hit you in the adz, good riddance, not an engineer,..." and more than a few other cutting slights would not be good comments in a SET thread, and look even worse coming from Klipsch employees directed at a consumer and proud owner of Klipsch products. They do not represent Klipsch well on any forum, let alone the flagship corporate owned forum, no matter what the provocation.

Everyone has their anger breaking point, but it is always best to hit the delete key rather than the post key. It becomes critical if it is a Klipsch employee, because retorts written in anger can convince consumers to purchase their speaker products elsewhere.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Sheltie. All of us love our Klipsch products I mean for crying out loud we fly into places like Indy and Hope to see how they are made. That is a pretty big compliment to Klipsch. Klipsch for their part are gracious hosts who go far and above to accommodate people when we visit. Just attend a pilgrimage and youll see what I mean. Klipsch employees getting into a sh!t slinging contest (which I have not seen for the most part) can't help but walk away with more on them by virtue of the fact they are Klipsch employees. It is a horrible double standard but it is true. The idea of taking the high road is always the best option for all of the folks who frequent this board and those who actually work for Klipsch. But God knows it is easier said than done. On some level I appreciate a Klipsch employees defending their productsit shows pride in ownership in their company and their comrades. But as Shletie points out an employee making a snide remark after a forum member leaves just looks bad. And so do forum members here who slight said individual. Just let em go. Remember folks have friends here they may not be your friend but almost everyone here has made friendships through this board. In this case the said forum member did not slight any member before he left but he did offer Klipsch a rough ride in his farewell letter. So lets just let him go in peace and be done with the issue. If someone offers a negative Klipsch point of view on another board so what, arguing about it here produces nothing.

Well said Sheltie. All of us love our Klipsch products I mean for crying out loud we fly into places like Indy and Hope to see how they are made. That is a pretty big compliment to Klipsch. Klipsch for their part are gracious hosts who go far and above to accommodate people when we visit. Just attend a pilgrimage and youll see what I mean. Klipsch employees getting into a sh!t slinging contest (which I have not seen for the most part) can't help but walk away with more on them by virtue of the fact they are Klipsch employees. It is a horrible double standard but it is true. The idea of taking the high road is always the best option for all of the folks who frequent this board and those who actually work for Klipsch. But God knows it is easier said than done. On some level I appreciate a Klipsch employees defending their productsit shows pride in ownership in their company and their comrades. But as Shletie points out an employee making a snide remark after a forum member leaves just looks bad. And so do forum members here who slight said individual. Just let em go. Remember folks have friends here they may not be your friend but almost everyone here has made friendships through this board. In this case the said forum member did not slight any member before he left but he did offer Klipsch a rough ride in his farewell letter. So lets just let him go in peace and be done with the issue. If someone offers a negative Klipsch point of view on another board so what, arguing about it here produces nothing.

If you want to leave a forum, JUST LEAVE and any comments you might have, keep them to yourself. There is no reason to make your split from the forum a public view for all to see. If you are not a Klipsch employee, or commissioned by Klipsch to help on a project, your personal ideas on the way they make their speakers, is just your opinion, Klipsch can not, and will not use your ideas, legally they can't, morally they wouldn't, and that is probably what started this whole thing......................So, good bye, I hope you enjoy the other forum, Best of Luck to you.................

I think people started going there when we would go down for entire weekends....or they go there to retreat when it gets too hot in here.

From what little time I've spent over there, I sense a definite hostility toward this forum (even from some of their mods). I'll try to maintain my distance!

actually, I started the AK uprising. could not stand the down time over here.

"If you want to leave a forum, JUST LEAVE and any comments you might have, keep them to yourself. There is no reason to make your split from the forum a public view for all to see. If you are not a Klipsch employee, or commissioned by Klipsch to help on a project, your personal ideas on the way they make their speakers, is just your opinion, Klipsch can not, and will not use your ideas, legally they can't, morally they wouldn't, and that is probably what started this whole thing......................So, good bye, I hope you enjoy the other forum, Best of Luck to you................."

Boy, talk about glossing right over the points made in the prior two posts. [:'(][:'(]

Did Klipsch also offer you a job? Just curious..........

Carl.

BTW, I don't think J.4knee or Sheltie Dave are going anywhere.

"If you want to leave a forum, JUST LEAVE and any comments you might have, keep them to yourself. There is no reason to make your split from the forum a public view for all to see. If you are not a Klipsch employee, or commissioned by Klipsch to help on a project, your personal ideas on the way they make their speakers, is just your opinion, Klipsch can not, and will not use your ideas, legally they can't, morally they wouldn't, and that is probably what started this whole thing......................So, good bye, I hope you enjoy the other forum, Best of Luck to you................."

Are you directing that comment to me? I never made any mention of leaving this forum so have no idea where you came up with that.

Boy, talk about glossing right over the points made in the prior two posts. [:'(][:'(]

Did Klipsch also offer you a job? Just curious..........

Carl.

BTW, I don't think J.4knee or Sheltie Dave are going anywhere.

If in fact those comments were addressed to me, NO, I was not offered a job by or for Klipsch.............I read the other Forum, and I don't see the point of this whole thing...............If you don't like the Forum................Leave.............and Leave quietly, because people don't agree with you all the time, just go. I also read what others had to say, and frankly am quite surprised at some of the comments by those people. If that is really the way people feel, maybe they should leave................there are more good folks on this forum than bad folks..........If Klipsch people choose to build a speaker a certain way, that is their decision to make, and because they don't, or better yet, can't take your suggestions as how to build said speaker, because of legal matters, now you get mad and leave the forum.................that was his choice, Klipsch didn't ask him to leave.............just go and be quiet....ME, I don't care who stays or who goes.........but if you decide to leave, be a Gentleman and be quiet, and don't go to another Forum and back stab people, if you want to stab me, be a man and stab me in the chest, not my back.........................EH...any comments I have made were not about J4knee or Sheltie Dave, but some of those comments on the other forum are pretty sad, in my opinion...............................

Group Hug![}]

I'm all for a group hug, but don't stick a knife in my back while we hug......................If I have something to say, I'll say it to your face, or on this forum in clear English, so there will be no doubt..................I will not go to another forum, and then make statements about people.............I read that other forum, and am really suprised by what I read..............guess maybe I shouldn't be....but I am.........guess I should just stay here, and be quiet, huh? That isn't happening Bud..............The people who made the comments, they know who they are, should be ashamed...........just be quiet......

Richard, I think it has to do with the name:Jubilee. If they were called "Misery" or "Nausea," I think you'd feel different.

It's like, "Come, everyone, to hear the Jubilee!" versus, "No, I think I'll stay home and toe-in my Nausea."

See?

Well, I still think this is one of the best audio forums on the internet today (and I frequent AK and SH forums, as well as a few others). I'm sorry if there are those that feel they must leave, but as OB and others have said, leave quietly!

But whatever...life goes on, and Amy is doing a bang-up job moderating these forums. I wish she hadn't deleted The Prettiest Girl thread; I still had more babes to post (heh)!

Group Hug![}]

I'm all for a group hug, but don't stick a knife in my back while we hug......................If I have something to say, I'll say it to your face, or on this forum in clear English, so there will be no doubt..................I will not go to another forum, and then make statements about people.............I read that other forum, and am really suprised by what I read..............guess maybe I shouldn't be....but I am.........guess I should just stay here, and be quiet, huh? That isn't happening Bud..............The people who made the comments, they know who they are, should be ashamed...........just be quiet......

Are they talking about ME over there? Do they think I'm pretty?

Group Hug![}]

Are they talking about ME over there? Do they think I'm pretty?

Now that you bring it up.........................Why YES, Yes I do, ooops I see the word is THEY, I thought you were asking me that question. I can't answer for them, only me.....................YES I DO....................

• Moderators

From what little time I've spent over there, I sense a definite hostility toward this forum (even from some of their mods). I'll try to maintain my distance!

Nahh. Heck, the AK webmaster has 350+ posts here.

Cool! I did not know that.

If ya'all had a pair of Jubilees, you'd feel a WHOLE lot better.

Is it true (the rumor that I'm going to start) that Jubilee owners are simply happier people?

[;)]

Well, I heard that owners of Jubilees are making up for some sort of size issue, (rumor I started until I own a pair)or something....