Hats off to Amy Unger

Jim Cornell

I just wanted to say how amazing Amy Unger is, for going such a distance as a moderator, to post onto another website, as far as backing up Klipsch, as well as others here on the forum. I really thought she was amazing. This is one very special Klipsch moderator, which makes this forum an even more special place to visit. Thank you Amy you are amazing, you sure do go the distance.

Regards Jim

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I certainly can't blame her for trying to defend her company. That stupid ALK lovefest was getting rather ridiculous. The guy can't post two sentences anymore without slamming Klipsch. And talk about someone who is NEVER wrong... that's Al. Now all of sudden he leaves the forum and is allowed to bash everything Klipsch and nobody remembers his rather abrasive "do not dare question me for I am the expert" attitude. Big freakin' baby is what he sounds like to me. Wa, wa, wa, Klipsch won't use my ideas.

I agree Amy was very diplomatic. Held out a olive branch & went the extra mile. I can understand the fuss over passive crossovers. Ive been useing electronic Xovers the last 25 years. Triamping, and probably never will go back to passive designs.

• Moderators

I think people started going there when we would go down for entire weekends....or they go there to retreat when it gets too hot in here.

From what little time I've spent over there, I sense a definite hostility toward this forum (even from some of their mods). I'll try to maintain my distance!

Not sure I agree with that post in its entirety. Yep there is some Klipsch frustration voiced there. But I think the majority of the members who post in the Klipsch Korner are members here. I think it was initially started as a place for Klipchophiles to hang out when the forums here were routinely crashing. Now it has its own life so to speak and obviously those posts listed when the forums were down were less than flattering. I think when people do post a gripe there it also is done in a manner that affords Klipsch some respect as not to demean them on their own board. For better or worse all posts regardless of their position be it pro or anti Klipsch benefit Klipsch. I mean this is free market research. People complained/discussed their concerns with harsh top ends of the RF 7 and a forum member developed a fix for that issue. The long run solution was the new Ref 4 stuff that addressed this issue. Now is that coincidental, only Klipsch know for sure but positive and negative comments benefit Klipsch in general. They allow Klipsch to keep a thumb on the pulse/opinions of their longtime loyal product owners and also on their newly acquired fans.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Moderators

Well, part of the problem, I'm sure, is that I've only visited the threads that talk about issues with this forum. That would certainly skew things! Perhaps I'll browse the rest of the topics when I have more time. And yes, most of the people over there seem very nice.

Also, I didn't mean a hosility towards Klipsch....just this forum.

A person should join whatever Forum they want.........................ME, I chose this one, I have twice bought NEW Klipsch Speakers because I wanted Klipsch Speakers..............they are many good people on this Forum, and because one person didn't get his way, is no reason to leave. I'm sure ALK had some ideas about new speakers, but he does not work for Klipsch, therefore his ideas are his alone, acting like a little kid that didn't get his way, is at best, CHILDISH, if not a foolish reason for leaving this forum, but this is AMERICA, and we are free to do things like that, if we so choose to. Best of luck on the other Forum................Amy has a tough enough job to do with out all this male ego crap, so keep it over there, and believe me, this Forum will not fold because a couple of people have left...............Keep up the good work Amy.......................

Jim -

Thanks for saying how most of us feel about Amy. Having met Amy at the Indy Pilgrimage and from thread responses I've read, she does go the extra mile. Amy is the kind of moderator any forum would be proud to have, no personal agenda, lets us stray a bit, then reels us in if we go too far astray.

As you may note from my low post count, I don't make many posts, I prefer reading and learning from others more learned, answer when I think I can be helpful and appreciate those who have taken time to answer me when I have requested help. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and I'm happy to avail myself of it (kept me from making too many mistakes[:)]).

And to Amy.......

post-17808-13819317690706_thumb.jpg

"As you may note from my low post count, I don't make many posts, I prefer reading and learning from others more learned, answer when I think I can be helpful and appreciate those who have taken time to answer me when I have requested help. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and I'm happy to avail myself of it (kept me from making too many mistakesSmile).

And to Amy......."

Well said ScorpsFan. I have been checking in here since 99. There were very few members back then. I think there were around 30 at the time? I had no idea that this forum would become this HUGE. Anyway, I appreciate that Klipsch has kept this up and running for all these years, and I don't know of a single moderator that wasn't knowledgeable, courteous, and helpful. Even when things got a bit "rocky", the mods handled it quite well.

I may not say much, but I have been checking in most everyday since I signed up and plan to do so for hopefully many more years. My sincere thanks go to everyone (moderators and members) who have helped this forum roll as it does. It's a great place........................

Merry Christmas ..................

Mike

I remember back in the day when this forum was fun to go to. You could click a link and see beautiful women and talk speakers. Since Amy made us all "grow up" my life hasn't been the same. I now kick my dog, beat the kids, and shuffel around in my house coat and slippers all day. Thanks Amy.....

Just kidding about kicking the dog[;)]