Anyone catch the season premier of 24?

cmdridq

This is one of my favorite shows. Fans will know that Jack was kidnapped by the Chinese in the final segment last year. He was last seen being beat up in the hold of a slow boat to China. So, for 6 months I'm wondering how he's going to get out of this one, what will the Chinese do to him, etc. Then last night's show opens up with him being returned to the US by the Chinese one and a half years later, as part of some kind of negotiated deal between China and the US. What a ripoff. They could have thought of something less bogus than that. Anyone else think that that was a lousy way of handling that situation?

Help me out with this...I am NOT a fan of the show...I had only seen bits and parts in passing...last night, I caved in to ALL the hype from friends and people I trust saying this show is the best thing on TV...I gave it a whirl...what am I missing because I still don't get it...seemed way too fake and Hollywood spylike for me...perhaps I need a bit more help on this but...

So many "hawks" seem to like this show and again...I see it left leaning...not trying to get this into a political thing, but...I like "The Unit"...so help me out here...

Thanks,

Bill

Kind of a spoiler for me -- I normally buy the whole season on DVD when it comes out. Well, I'm kind of grateful actually -- I wasn't looking forward to a half dozen lame episodes of him being tortured by the Chinese. I mean, where do you go with it if you pick up the season with him entering a Chinese prison? Maybe a major terrorist plot on Chinese soil, and after kicking the crap out of him for an episode or two -- the Chinese pull him out and offer him a deal that if he can infiltrate and stop them, he gets to go home. At the end of the season, they throw him back in prison.:)

This opening is not what the Chinese would really do....They would cut him open & sell his organs for transplant..

Well, every episode is like that -- in 'real life' he would have been killed off after 20 minutes. Still, it's decent entertainment.

We enjoy 24, even as we pick it to pieces. It is just a show after all. All in all it is far better than most network drivel such as American Idol, Survivor, anything with Trump, slutty housewives, the list goes on and on but you get the idea. At least the supposed "real time" concept is novel. For amazingly hard to watch crap, my vote goes to Lost, somehow it seems to be popular, but I can't fathom why---poorly written poorly executed poorly conceived---Buffy the Vampire Slayer seems more realistic and definitely has better acting.

The wife and I watch the two nights of the season premier and then quit. Then wait until December for it to come out on DVD. With the exception of News, documentary, some PBS this is the only tv production I will watch. Content on network TV yeah sure, I just wish the view and the apprentice were on back to back! lol.

The wife and I watch the two nights of the season premier and then quit. Then wait until December for it to come out on DVD. With the exception of News, documentary, some PBS this is the only tv production I will watch. Content on network TV yeah sure, I just wish the view and the apprentice were on back to back! lol.

I watch mostly pbs minus the 24... If it is on though I will watch, but I will not be really waiting to watch it

I LOVE '24'! Yes, Jack should've been dead a zillion times, but it's HOW the writers keep saving him is what I look forward to. I felt there was one season where it slumped a bit - a bit, but to me, each season has gotten better. Thought last season was stellar with the President Logan thing, etc. Looking forward to the 2nd 2-hour premier tonight. I'm not big on this 'type' of show/movie, but it's done so well (IMO) that the 'type' doesn't matter. I do sometimes cover my eyes if there is a torture type scene. :)

Silver - watch it again tonight. Sometimes shows take some time. 24 is very complex and going into it with no history building of the characters, etc. necessitates more than one watch IMO.

At the end of the day - one can't fault the sound quality. Absolutely amazing sound. Prison Break isn't 1/2 bad either.